Chance Encounter

What Miracles Are Made Of
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 2: "Chance Encounter"

 

Narita Airport.

 

Rei put down her suitcase from the car, her hair tied in a ponytail. Her face beamed with happiness. "Please wish me luck." She smiled to the people standing before her.

"I'm going to miss you," Maki said, her eyes teary. She hugged her best friend one last time before the plane took off.

"I'll be back when holiday comes.” Rei hugged Maki back. “We still can contact each other by phone and e-mail." She then faced her family.

"Good luck, my dear.” Mr. Mizuno smiled to his daughter. “Your mother must be proud of you." 

Rei felt like crying, but she knew it wasn't the right time so she just nodded and hugged her father tight.

"Make sure to send me a lot of cool stuffs.” Ken, her little brother - who was still in middle school – smirked. 

Rei winked at him and gave him a high five. “Of course, since I'm going to Seoul." Her voice was filled with excitement.

"I still remember what it's like when you came out from the principal office and told me the news. You almost fainted." Maki laughed. "You're so lucky." She had to admit she envied Rei. “Promise me you won't forget me?" 

Rei laughed and hugged the three of them in one blow.

"Rei," another person suddenly called her.

Rei turned and was startled to find Yahiko approaching her. It seemed he had run because he still managed to catch his breath.

"Yahiko?” She gasped. “How did you kno—" 

Yahiko pulled her into a tight hug. "I thought the plane had taken off and I'd never see you again." He sighed in relief. 

The others could only stare open-mouthed, except Ken, who was glaring.

"Sorry." Yahiko pulled off after realizing what he'd just done. 

Rei blushed. 

"You're about to go now?" he asked.

"Right," Rei answered. "Thanks for coming here." She smiled sweetly, which could make any guy's heart melt, and pulled her suitcase.

"Wait." Yahiko gripped her hand before she walked further,  like he was going to tell her something. But then he said, "Take care."

She smiled softly. "I will."

Maki sighed as she gazed at the two of them. If I were Rei, I wouldn't leave a perfect guy like that. I'd prefer staying here. She couldn't help but think why Rei refused Yahiko. Even so, he still cared about her. 

 

3 days later. Inside Kim Resident.

 

The superstar was having a talk with his cousin in their luxuriant living room.

"You're  not hanging around with that girl, are you?" Jiwon asked, furious.

Kai smirked. "What's your problem? As if it's your business.”

Jiwon glared at him.

Kai let out a long sigh. "The answer is no." He switched his attention back to the newspaper he'd been reading.

"Don't blame me,” Jiwon said. “It's your mom. She doesn't want to read any newspaper that expose her son's unhealthy affair with some girl who only wants your money and popularity. She'd rather stop your career than have a heart attack every time she finds out." 

"What are you? A bodyguard sent by my mom?" Kai tossed the newspaper onto the table and crossed his arms on his chest.

Jiwon grinned. "I think so."
 
Kai was about to open his mouth when the other cousin walked in.

"Kai, don't give that frown,” Jaemyung said. “What's up?"

But Kai didn't answer.

"We were talking about Soo Ah, who he claimed not as a girlfriend," Jiwon said. "When did you arrive?” she asked Jaemyung. “Just edged out of another race?"

Jaemyung smirked. “I got another ten seconds car." 

Jiwon's eyes widened, and she cursed under her breath. "Let me drive and I'll get you another one."

Jaemyung shook his head, amused. 

"You want to beat those street racers?” Kai asked Jiwon. “I bet, you'll ended up with a ten minutes car." He walked off.

"You're mean!” Jiwon yelled. “Don't you know we'll be paired as the main characters for the upcoming movie?"

Kai halted and turned around. "It's not settled yet. You're suited for martial arts pro, not sweet innocent girl.” He laughed. “You're just so." 

Jiwon clenched her teeth. "I'm not letting that girl get the main role!"

Jaemyung winced. 

"Are you going somewhere?” Jiwon asked Kai. “Retake at SM studio, I suppose?"

"Nope, it's cancelled,” Kai said. “And I'm bored. I'm going to take a walk in the city."

The two cousins' jaws dropped.

"What? Today?” Jaemyung shouted. “At this time? The streets are crowded with people." 

But Kai just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter