Love is Blind

What Miracles Are Made Of
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

Chapter 1: "Love Is Blind"

 

 

Dear Kai,

I'm a huge fan. I've watched your latest movie Midlife Collision, and it's amazing. I believe you'll have a great career.

By the way, happy birthday. You're 21. It's been 5 years since I watched your first movie, and you’ve become a marvellous actor. For your birthday present, I'd like to give this teddy bear, which I made myself. I hope you like it, and don't throw it along with this letter. 

I can't wait to see your next movie. If only I could go to Seoul to meet you. When will you come to Japan? If you visit Japan, I promise I won't miss it.

The shooting must be exhausting, but don't push yourself too hard.

I think a hundred letters still can't express all my feelings.

Rei Mizuno

 

Kim Kai put the letter on his desk where the other ones were heaped. He gazed at his fan’s picture. She was pretty, her wavy honey brown locks laying against her shoulder.

"Another confession?" A guy poked Kai’s shoulder. "You're still reading these letters? It's been an hour.” He smirked. “Well, no wonder. Too many of them."

“Yeah, Jaemyung.” Kai showed the picture. "She's from Japan. Look, she sent a gift too for my birthday." He tossed the white teddy bear to Jaemyung. 

Other presents stood at the corner of the room, and Jaemyung whistled as he stared at the chocolates, accessories, and handmade gifts.

"How's your next contract? Have you signed it?" Jaemyung asked, wondering if Kai would agree to play another role in a movie.

"Yeah.” Kai took the white teddy bear as Jaemyung handed it back. “I wonder if I'm worthy to receive all these attentions." He glanced at it and smiled.

 

Tohka High School. Japan.

 

My name is Rei Mizuno, an ordinary 18 years old girl who has the same activity everyday: going to school in the morning, doing home works, hanging out with friends at weekend, and so on. Sometimes, I get bored of my life. I want to experience something different and exciting.

And just like other girls, I have an idol. Kim Kai, lives in Seoul. He made me forget the man I’d loved for 4 years, and I learn Korean so hard because of him. I'm not a big head or what, but I can speak Korean fluently. 

Maybe I'll never meet him, but I want to meet him at least once before I die. 

 

"Maki!" Rei's loud voice echoed in the hall while she bolted toward her best friend who just exited the class.
 
Other students stared at Rei, wondering what made her run like a flash of light, some of whom even shook their heads.

"Rei?" The girl who was just called ‘Maki’ gawked as she couldn't tell what was wrong. 

Wait, Rei seldom acted like this. But she could if it's about that guy.

"You won't believe this.” Rei found it difficult to catch her own breath. “Do you know what I received this morning?" Her beautiful eyes sparkled.

"Newspaper that exposed your idol Kim Kai?" Maki guessed.

Rei shook her head, signalling the answer was wrong.

"Then, his interview video?"
Again, Rei shook her head. 

"Then what?" Maki was getting curious.

"I received his reply." Rei pulled Maki into a tight hug.

Maki, on the other hand, just sighed, showing no excitement. "Wait, haven't I told you it might be not the real him? I mean, just poser." Maki let go of Rei's hands. "Listen. I know he made you forget the guy you'd loved for 4 years, but look at the fact."

Rei frowned. "What fact?"

Maki gulped, hesitated, but she had to tell. "He's a superstar, professional actor. I thought you might be just idolizing him, but now it seems I was wrong. You're obsessed. Look at yourself," she said. "Let's talk at somewhere else.” Taking Rei's hand in hers, she led Rei to the back yard of the school.

 

The two of them sat on a porch where they usually had lunch together. It was always the best spot in the school, the green trees surrounding them and the wind blowing against their skin.

"Let's remember what info you've got,” Maki said. “About that e-mail thing."

Rei raised her eyebrows. "You mean?" 

Okay, Rei was sometimes like that.

Maki rolled her eyes. "I mean, the e-mail address you think it's Kai's is probably wrong. Come to think of it. Why would a famous actor like him told his fan? He's too busy with his job.” 

Rei laughed. "Of course, I know that. It's not that e-mail thing. I've stopped contacting those posers."

Maki stared at Rei with a lost expression. "So what did you receive?"

"A mail, from Seoul. The real one from SM Entertainment studio.” Rei's face brightened.  “I’d been wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter