Chapter 2

Love In The Air

“Are you alright? You can sleep right?” A deep voice comes through my ear. Jeon Jeongguk face is at the obstacle at out seat. My breath stops again. My eyes become wide again.

“Yeah, I always ride Emirates so I can count the stars. But in Korean Air, there is no those little blinking stars at the roof.” I said with nervousness.

He laughs. He put his chin at the thing. Looking comfy and also handsome. Oh my heart please doesn’t pounce again.

“Cute,” he said. I blink. “You know what, you look like my niece.” He said and looks at me that make me uncomfortable. It’s like a guy watching you lay at a bed.

“Is it? How old is she?” I ask. Our position is still the same.

“Now six. We call her, Yura.”

Not that I know who his niece is. His sister’s daughter is popular. His sister’s wedding is a huge ceremony. She is an iconic in fashion.

“Lovely name.” I said.

“What is your name?” he asks. He is a gentleman, and I thought he is 24/7 serious.

“I am Lee Seohyun. What about you?” said with a beautiful smile that I can give to him? Lie to him that I didn’t know him. How plastic! But who cares?

“I’m Jeongguk.” His smile is getting wide. Now I’m getting confuse with his kindness. “Is everything ok?” he asks again.

It’s going to be a long conversation I would say. I change my position. I move a bit my body towards him. The time I see him, his charisma is getting shown.

Ops, I think my position is a bit appropriate. I fast change my position when he watches me. My cheeks turn pink.

“Err… Nope… Just seating problem, that’s all.”

He nods his head.” Go to sleep… I don’t want to disturb you.”

I smile. I have only 13 hours with him. Now it’s just an hour. Let’s go to sleep then. Not that I’m in a hurry to chat with him. There is 12 hours left.

“Okay, good night!” I said before lay down to sleep. I close my eyes before hear something from Jeongguk. I open my eyes again and look at him.

It’s a bit bright at his place. I take a peek and see the bright light is coming from his laptop that turn on. He looks focus at the screen and sometimes types something at it. Ah, he is a CEO after all. 24/7 work.

I peek a bit and see there is a graph and chart at the screen. Maybe he is making a report.

“Oh My Goodness!” He said suddenly. I also shock when he looks at me. Caught red-handed.

“Sorry…” I said. My face has turn to bright red. I don’t know when I stand to look at him. I forgot.

“Err... Is it too bright? Did I wake you up?” he apologizes.

“NO, it’s just that I can’t sleep.” I said. How can I sleep when my dream man is beside me? You will never know what is inside my heart, Jungkook-ah.

He nods his head and continues doing his work. Focus on his work again. I just stare and start to stretch a bit before getting my novel again and then I start to sleep.

“Hello, young girl…” A voice from nowhere talks to me. The place is a bit cloudy, dark and blue. The place is surrounding with cloud and quiet. I turn to search where the voice coming from. My heart pounds again. Being alone at a mystery place is not a good memory.

“Hihihi…” The voice is changing into a laughing that come from behind and feel a pat at my shoulder. I turn around.

“Arghhhhh!!!” I shout really loud when a pale blue face stare at me. He starts to laugh again and I try to run but my feet feel heavy. It crawls towards me closer.

“Seohyun-ah… Seohyun-ah…” He calls again.

My body shakes rough.

“Seohyun…” But this time the voice change a bit.

“Seohyun!” I feel my feet shake again. The voice change again. But not at the mystery place. I blink again while looking around. I stare at ceiling of the plane and look at the owner of the hand that held my feet. I almost scream again when I realize that the owner is Jeon Jungkook.

I take a deep breath and a bit shaky again. I fast change my position and lay near the wall and Jungkook.

“Are you ok?” he kindly asks. I hug myself and feel my shoulder been held but I ignore it. I feel a bit relieve when he did that. I wipe the tears that come out just now. My brain still trying to digest what happened.

“Drink this.” He held an orange juice towards me. I drink it and gave it back when it’s empty.

“Thanks… And sorry…” I said quietly. What an embracing is that, Lee Seohyun. His smiles really make my day.

“It’s okay… I really worry of you, you know. Are you dreaming?”

I nod my head.

“What novel did you read that make you dream like that? I think it feel down just now.” I start to find the novel at the floor and when I see it, I take it. He was busy look at me.

“The Lord of The Ring?” ask him and he laugh. “I thought you read a ghost story.”

“I dream about Gollum…” I said. I’m afraid at Gollum.

He laughs again. “You are so cute, Seohyun. Don’t you know that?”

Oh, my.

Mr. Dream guy, don’t you know what you are saying? I ask in my heart. My cheeks feel burn again. He controls his laugh.

Are you a sleep just now?”

He shakes. “Nope… Will get my sleep later. I have a meeting in two hours after landing.” He said. He occurs a smile like this is like a game.

“Do you have a lot of work to do?” I ask.

His face becomes serious. “Quite a few more things to do.” He said.

I nod. I don’t know how to continue the chat.

“Sorry, if I disturb your work.”

“It’s okay. You are actually a funny person. My stress is gone now.” He smiles again.

He takes out his headphone at his neck. He gives a signal to come closer to him. I didn’t understand but I just follow. He put the headphone on my head. I stunt a bit. He looks back at the screen of his laptop. Touch something before looking at me.

“Enjoy the song.” He simply said it before continue his work.

I listen to a night Like This by Caro Emerald. It was an amazing song. After four minute later, he stares at me.

“Replay.” I said to him. He smiles when he sees my reaction.

When another song starts to play, I start to hum the song. Who knew 17 August 2019 will turn like this? The cheerful song really makes my spirit cheerful even the plane is dark. Only the brightness of Jung kook’s light that keep us awake.

When the song ends, I open my eyes and feel like cloud when I heard the song. That’s when I realize that …

Eyes to eyes

Lock together

Did he just stare at me this long? Did I realize when he stares at me like that? With a smirk at his face.

One seconds…

Five seconds…

15 seconds…

Still the same.

I gave up. He shows his biggest smile I’ve see. His laptop already at the table.

He went near me.

“You know what? My journey to London this time… Is so… Interesting.”

Oh, my… Is he flirting with me? My heart skips a beat.

I smile. A smirk actually.

“Give me 30 minutes to finish this.” He pleads.

I nod

“You make me feel like doing something naughty tonight.” He said again. He still focuses on the laptop screen. I stunt a bit and feel like the world had freeze. Am I dreaming again?

“In the meantime, listen to this track.” He said and gave me something.

It’s an IPod.

“Just lie down and I will wake you up later. Enjoy the music. Get the mood.” He said again.

“Okay.” I shutter a bit but put the headphone on my head. I lay down while I listen to the song. He remains his focus on his work.

= = =

“Kaja.” Jungkook’s voice comes through my ear. I open my eyes and see he already stands up. I don’t even know since when he stands beside my seat.

His earphone I took it off and gave it to him but he refuses and put it at the chair. He grabs my hand and I was shock.

For the hundredth time tonight, Mister Jeon Jungkook… You just know how to knock me off- unconscious! I scream inside but Jungkook didn’t listen.

I stunt and he asks me to stay quiet and follow him. He drags me to stay close to him. When we were passing the door of the first class cabin, we see there are stewards and stewardess. Jungkook gave a simple nod and a smile at them. There also do the same thing.

“Anything we can help, sir?” ask one of the stewardess.

“It’s okay, we are good.” Jungkook answer and walk more. They don’t even ask him more question after that. When we are far from them, Jungkook whisper to me.

“Have you ever seen a pilot drive an airplane before?” ask me quietly.

I shake my head. He looks at my face and gives a smile.

“Tonight you will.” He said then opens the door. We peek at a small window at the door. There is 2 pilot drives the plane. It makes me excited more seeing it with my own eyes. I tightly hold his hand. I almost jump there. I have been ride the airplane multiple times but never get to see a pilot drive a plane before.

He smiles at me looking at the reaction.

“Do you think they are hunks like most girls would imagine?” he asks jokingly.

I giggle.

“They look like my Appa, with extra fat at the tummy.”

Jungkook also laugh. He again drags me to other places. I was brought to the stewards and stewardess again before went up the stairs. He asks me to sit at middle of the stairs. I don’t know why I follow him, it feel like I’ve been hypnotize by a man name Jeon Jungkook.

‘I want you to enjoy what we will be doing later. Never once ask or say anything, not until I start first.”

I surprise a bit when his arm wrap at my shoulder and our eyes stuck together.

“Okay…” I shutter answer.