Chapter 1

Love In The Air

“Hey miss stalker! Haha…” Seulgi laugh at me. My younger sister who is just 2 year younger than me has married. Omma’s daughters that haven’t married yet are just me.

Oh, no, no, no! Not that I’m too picky is that I’m not ready yet. Not yet, not never! For me at the age of 25 is still young. There are many things in this world that I haven’t done yet. Even though many people said I’m too picky, but I just deaf my ears and calm my heart because of this people around me.

Oh yeah, I forget about something. You all maybe want to know who I am. Well, my name is Lee Seohyun, 25 and still single. Oh, I’m a PHD student. That’s it I guess. Let’s just continue…

    “Ouh really, well if you are still single, you would probably still stalk him too, right?” I ask her without a problem. Stalking people at SNS, what else should I do?

Seulgi sit beside me. She is busy looking at the screen of my laptop. There is a picture of a known man. Oh no, not an actor nor an entertainer. He is a fashionable, good looking businessman. Which girl doesn’t want him? All set of a great man he has.

  “He already has a girlfriend, unnie…” Seulgi said to me.

  “That’s so last year gossip. Come and look at this.” I’m excited to tell.

  “All these pictures are from last year’s… Take a look at this picture, this guy is not the type who keeps his girlfriend a secret… But I still believe they already broke up.”

Seulgi is standing while hands at her waist.

  “How did you know, this things?”

  “I can read people, ok. Look at it very careful, how their seat’s position, their smiles. I think that… this guy is in love with this girl. He wants to show off his girlfriend. I think that girl left him.”

This time, Seulgi laugh at me. I’m frustrated at her.

  “Enough, unnie… Reality, unnie. Reality!” Seulgi’s hand wave at me. Trying to wake me up from dreams.

  “Reality number one, you are Lee Seohyun, the daughter of Lee Seokjin and he is Jeon Jeongguk, the son of famous Jeon Sangguk. A very obvious status gap. A son of CEO BigHit and a daughter of an owner café!”

I am making faces. Appa have four branch café and also have a ‘saham’ at Construction enterprise, not bad?”

  “Reality number two, that girl is actually a daughter of a rich man at Japan, alright! You are Lee Seohyun, an ordinary girl!”

  “Reality number three…” Seulgi look at me. “Where are you going to find him? Rich people married rich people, people like us should married with our standard. The main thing is, how are you going to love him when you can’t find him?” She taps my shoulder many times.

  “Wake up!”

  “Who knows we might bump into each other one day?” I said trying to defense myself.

  “How?”

I think quietly when Seulgi ask that question.

  “Maybe being his secretary? Will he marry his own secretary?”

I was just about to open my mouth when she starts again.

  “Are you going to make like a drama? Bump into him in the train? In the bus? Or airplane?” Seulgi giggle at me.

  “Seohyun… my sister! Enough, there are a lot of man out there waiting to get you, you still waiting for him. Nonsense you know? That guy will never meet us. No way. You do know he has his own car. He will never ride a train. See him in the plane? That guy possible will use first class, we just use economic only…”

When my ears felt like to explode from my sister’s talking, I stand up and went to the kitchen.

“Too boring talking to you!” I mumble slowly. She laughs again.

“Anyway, have you booked your flight ticket yet?” Seulgi is asking serious. I began to sit down.

“Done, I went back next week. Seventeenth… Like I told you.”

Seulgi nods her head.

“What flight? When? I want to arrange to send you.”

“Korean Air A380! Sunday and midnight,” I shout happily. A380 is a double Decker airplane and I’m not yet ride it.

“Sounds fun…”

“Of course I am! Thirteen hours double-decker flight. My flight will not be boring anymore! I’m still in my happy mood.

“If I’m bored, I will just play with the stairs…”

“That’s good...” she answer before when to sit beside her husband.

Usually if I went to Seoul, I always went to Seulgi’s house. There are a lot of things to do before fly to England. I went there to study on high level Engineering. There are some people said that I’m too young but that is up to that person. Many of my friends purse their study on higher level at age 24 or 23 years old.

Jeon Jeongguk, will be a CEO at age 25.Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook also announce to be the second richer at age 25.

While me?

Lee Seohyun who is just about to fetch dream. Nobody knows, what will happen to me at the age of 25.

“Are you dreaming?”

Why Seulgi always interrupt my dream. When did she come in? I’m always dream about the hot Jeongguk.

“Can you believe if, I went to Incheon Airport and see him?” I start to dream again.

“Oh, how romantic that will be, right? So, how much money did Appa gave you to buy the ticket?” ask Seulgi. Ruining my dream.

“Hurm… 45000won.”

“So, got the first class seat? Or just the ordinary business lounge?”

I shake my head. Of course I can’t afford to buy that seat. Seulgi is right. When will I stop to dream about him?

“Unnie, if you keep on dreaming like this, I’m just worried that you will miss your mister right. You are already 25 years old now. After you finish studying, you will be 28 or 29 maybe. You are not young anymore…”

“No, I’m not into him, my pumpkin pie and I’m also not into all the others too.”

“Not even Hoya, uncle Sunggyu’s son?”

I shake my head. “I’m scared of soldier ok.”

“Minho? Our supervisor at Daegu?”

I shake again. “He is ok, handsome and all but playboy type…”

“Then what about Appa’s friend son who his mom want to engaged you both? He is a doctor… His parents own a resort at Jeju and Incheon. Unlucky you”

I make faces. Why will I be unlucky? The one who had name, position and money is just their parents not them.

“CEO BigHit Construction?

I shake again. Wait, BigHit Construction? I look at Seulgi with a big smile.”Of course, I want him.”

She laughs with me.”Ok that’s enough… Seventeenth is just around the corner. Go pack your stuff. Let’s see if miracle happens. If it doesn’t, then just quit dreaming, ok?”

I stay silent. Am I ok? Maybe I will mark the date 17 August as my love towards Jeongguk. No means a total no. If there is? If see him? We face to face? What if my dream came true?

That means he meant to be with me. Oh my, If it’s true I think I’m going to faint.

= = =

“Have it all?” Appa asking me who stands in front of me. Omma, Seulgi and Chanyeol who is Seulgi’s husband also with me. Incheon International Airport isn’t that busy at this time.

“Done…” I answer with confident. It has been 3 times Omma and Appa ask the same question. Passport? The address? The letter? All in this cute bag that Appa gave it to me.

One by one I hug my family for the last time. After I kiss Omma and Appa’s cheek, I went to the departure door, and gave my passport to the officer before when down the stairs.

Him or not him?

While I’m busy to depart to United Kingdom, my brain keeps thinking about Jeon Jeongguk and the deed I‘ve make for myself. A miracle will happen maybe? It’s a miracle if I see him? Is Jeon Jeongguk is a great man? Great or not, Lee Seohyun had fallen in love towards the man that she hadn’t met face to face.

After 30 minutes of waiting, at last the door for us to go inside the plane is open. Chair 46D is the target. The inside plane is a bit stuffy. It’s a bit hot in here.

The time I was going to sit, a man sits beside me talk.

“Sorry… The seat occupies.”

Occupy? It is not funny for me. With the line behind me waiting for me to seat and this guy said the seat is occupy. This is not a bus.

“This is my ticket.” I show him the ticket toward him. 46D. He scrunch his forehead. Without been waiting, I sit at that place.

The guy sit beside me come near me.

“There is someone sitting here.” He said.

“I am that someone.” I answer easy. I close my eyes. Too lazy to know about the guy.

“Miss…” Ok, that it, this guy is annoying me. He point to a woman who is fifty years old maybe stand beside him. I look at her.

“This is my grandma’s seat. This is her ticket, 46D too, economy class.” It’s happen to me.

I don’t want to fight with an old woman. So, I decided to stand up. How come case happen to me? I have heard of double ticket case but I never get it.

“Mianhae, auntie. My ticket is also 46D.Sit down here.” I take my bag. The guy stands to before the woman sits down.

“It’s ok, dear. Gomawo.” The woman thanks me.

“It’s ok, auntie. I will go.” The guy stands beside me. I went to the stewardess there.

“Miss, here!” Not before I was about to go, the guy call the stewardess. Now I recognize something, he has a good taste at fashion. He also good looks.

“Yes?” ask the stewardess.

“Miss, her ticket and my grandma’s ticket has the same seat number. How can a thing like this happen? Now where will she seat?” ask him with seriousness. Wow, just now he looks soft but now he looks a bit tough.

“Can I see the ticket please?”

Two ticket with the same seat number but with different name. She makes faces.

“I’m sorry, mister and miss. This case happens a lot but it always happens when you buy the ticket. It’s ok; I will search a seat for miss. In the meantime, you will follow me, miss to up level. Have a drink while waiting. You also can follow us if you want, mister.”

“Okay, thanks!” We both said and follow her. The bar and lounge are at the business class look exclusive. We sit while waiting for the stewardess to come back.

“Hello, I’m Kim Doonyoung. Call me Dooyoung.” He smiles.

“I’m Lee Seohyun.” I say with a smile. He is good guy that wait until it settle. The crew were busy making sure that the passenger all aboard.

“What are you doing at London?” He asks

“Studying. What about you?”

“My family live there. Grandma wants to visit her village, so I accompany her.”

I nod my head. So he is half Korean half British. No wonder.

“Are you taking degree? He asks again. I smile again.

“Nope, PhD…” He was shock.

“Good… You look young.”

“Baby face, what about you?”

“Working at London at E.ON. You know?”

I nod again. Who doesn’t know about that electrical supplier that supply electric at UK? There so many things we talk about. Dooyoung is actually a really nice guy.

A few minutes late, the stewardess comes back to us with a smile.

“Miss Lee Seohyun, come I will show you the seat.”

“Okay.” I stand and wave a goodbye to Dooyoung and say thanks to him for the company. I went straight while he went back down.

= = =

We pass some cabin. The plane is sure long I tell you. From the economic class to the business class, the passenger all have seat so it was easy for us to walk through.

I thought I will be place at the economic class but eventually I went down using the stairs at the front. I’ve been wonder which seat is mine. For sure all the cabins are full except the first class I haven’t went yet.

When I went down at very front, I was shock.

The cabin of first class.

The room is a bit wide compare to the economic one. Of course, the one who sit here is from the rich family. I take a long deep breath and walk carefully. Good thing that my airport fashion is not that bad. The stewardess stops at 2G seat. I also stop there.

“This is your seat, miss. The crews are apologies for the mistakes.”

“It’s ok. Thank you.” I said before sit down. She went away. I feel a bit relieve that the only seat left is at fist class cabin.

My eyes look at the environment. All 8 seats are there. It’s huge and there is also a bind. I’m a bit shy to see who sit beside me. I open my novel to read after I buckle my seatbelt.

About 15 minutes, I’ve already in the sky. I always sleep the whole trip. I will wake up when it’s time to eat. Looking beside my seat, it already turns to bed. I always want it to be like that. But, it’s my first time at the first class cabin. To ride it for the second time, I don’t even know when. So I better use the good things here. I ask the person next to me.

“Err… Sorry, do you know how to change this seat into a bed?” I ask the guy beside me. Her face is opposite of me, so I barely see his face.

He faces me when I talk. He start to seat straight and went near me.

Oh, My!

Him or not him!

The answer is him! My breath suddenly stuck for a while. Don’t faint here, Seohyun. The chance is only once.

“Oh, just pull this.” He said while demo it for me. A smile occurs at his lips. He knew that I am not familiar with the things here. I smile and said thank you to him. My seat transform into bed now. He returns sit at his place.

I try to close my eyes but I can’t. My heart feels like it going to burst. My brain is been to active right now.

The chances come ones only!

Last time, I always pray that I will meet him. But now, when I meet him face to face, how? Oh, it’s too hard to get a love live.