4. Intertwined

You Don't Have To

Jisung was in first period, doodling all over his notes, trying to stay awake. He feels his phone vibrate under his notebook. He lifts his notebook and opens his phone.

Twitter message from ZhongChenle1: i think im still high. pls come to the washroom, 2nd floor ,, i don't know what to do.

He quickly looks up to see his teacher still focused on the lesson. He raises his hand abruptly, interrupting the class. 

"Can I use the restroom?" He gets excused, and quickly leaves to the bathroom. 

When he enters he looks around for Chenle. "Chenle?" And sudenly a stall door opens, revealing chenle sitting on the closed toilet seat, sunglasses covering his eyes. 

"What happened?" He walks towards the stall. 

"I don't know! Why am I still high?" Jisung lets out a small laugh. 

"I thought you'd be fine by now, but you were something else last night." 

"What do you mean?" 

"Do you remember anything?"

"I don't want to, I just want to stop feeling like I'm floating! I feel so out of place, and suddenly hungry, it's really weird!" 

"Uh, let's splash your face with cold water?" 

Jisung goes to the sink and puts cold water on his hands while Chenle takes off his sunglasses. 

When he reaches Chenle, he cups with face with his hands, noticing how red his eyes are still. He suddenly gets a flashback of the previous night and becomes flustered. He continues patting his face with his cold hands. 

"Do you feel better?" Jisungs asks, avoiding eye contact. 

"A little. Maybe I need to eat something." 

"Yeah, good idea."

They both stand up right and begin to leave the washroom. 

"Yeah, so I'm never smoking again. This is hell!" 

Jisung lets out soft chuckle. "Sounds like a good idea." 

They part ways and Jisung goes back to his class, missing the entire lesson. He didn't mind though, since he had already learned it two nights before. 


Jisung had finished his all his deliveries in the morning, so now he was on his way to pick his sister's up from daycare early, until somebody grabbed his shoulder. He turned around to see Chenle, back to normal. 

Everything that had happened the previous night played back and he turned a light pink.

"Sorry, did I scare you?" 

He shakes his head. "I just wanted to say thank you. You really went to my house at midnight just to help me with something stupid." 

"You really don't need to thank me, I--" 

"Are you busy?" Jisung is taken aback from the sudden question.

"U-uh, I-" Jisung never gets flustered like this. He doesn't stutter, and yet he can't control anything when he's with Chenle.

"Well, if you aren't, let's study together? We have the same math teacher, but I have him second period and..." he rubs the back of his neck "I'm kind of doing bad, and everyone knows you as the smart kid! So--" 

He talks so much "Yeah sure, but do you mind if we pick up my sisters first?" 

Chenle smiles, wraps his arm around Jisung's, and they begin to walk in the original direction Jisung was headed in. 


They're eating ddeokbokki while they start at their math homework; Chenle starting lesson five, Jisung finishing lesson ten. His sisters were also doing their homework, on the living room floor though, colouring their papers endlessly. 

"Ji, how do you do this one?" he points to the first question. Jisung glances at Chenle's empty notebook. 

"We've been here for ten minutes, why didn't you ask sooner?" 

"I was trying to do it, and it just didn't happen." 

Jisung chuckles and begins to help him with the question. How cute.

Jisung was slowly falling for Chenle, but he didn't want to admit it. He'd only met the boy the previous day, he couldn't even begin to think that he was falling for him; but he was. 

Jisung leans closer towards Chenle, closing the gap between them, shoulders touching. 

"Well, first you need to disect the question. What is given?" He reaches his hand forward to hold the textbook paper. Chenle moves his hand to give the latter space, but Jisung is gradually getting closer and closer to holding his hand; and Chenle isn't mad about it. 

Chenle grows pink at the thought of their hands interlacing. Inching closer to Jisung's hand, letting their pinkies brush each other, as they read through the question. A simple action like this could make Chenle bright red right away. 

Jisung hadn't even noticed his had slowly chasing after Chenle's. He was so focused on reading the question, he didn't even realize the closeness between them. 

"This is very simple, you just use the equation to find the range, and then automatically it will give you the domain because--" he looks towards Chenle, noticing his flustered appearance. "Are you okay?" 

Chenle snaps out of his thoughts. It takes him a few seconds to remember what was going on. "Sorry, I got lost. Can you explain it again?" 

Jisung's worst virtue was patience. He had very little patience for people. He hated waiting, hated people who were slow, and he hated repeating himself. But for some reason, he had all the time in the world for Chenle. 

He didn't mind re-explaining a question multiple (multiple meaning multiple) times. He didn't mind waiting for him to find the answer, no matter how long it took him to figure out what function to input into his calculator. He didn't mind waiting for a response to see if he understood what was being explained.

He had all the patience in the world for this simple boy he met the day before, and he didn't know what made him this way. He has never been like this with anyone, ever. 


When they finished their homework, and put his little sisters to bed (which surprisingly was very easy with Chenle), they sat on Jisung's bed, both cross legged, facing each other. 

"I can't believe I was still high this morning." Chenle shook his head in embarassment, hitting himself. Jisung grabbed his arm to stop the boy from hurting himself, laughing at the latter's misfortunes. 

"Me neither," he was still holding the boy's wrist, ever so gently. "We shared the joint too!" 

"I don't even remember anything that happened. I only remember you constantly trying to help me inhale the smoke, me coughing, dancing, and..." Jisung grew nervous.

Please don't remember, please don't remember, please dont--

"And that's literally it. I don't even remember getting into bed." Jisung sighed in relief internally. 

"You were pretty good for a first-timer." 

"Really?" His eyes lit up. 

"Yeah, usually people get pretty paranoid, but you were so relaxed."

"I put all my trust in you, and it worked well I guess!" Chenle pulled his arm back, just enough so that they were now holding hands. 

Jisung grew flustered. He didn't know how to react; it was overwhelming. 

Chenle looked at their hands and noticed a thin bracelet around the taller boy's wrist. "Your bracelet... It's so simple, I like it."

Jisung looked down at his wrist and smiled. "Yeah, my sisters made it for me. It's just two strings twisted together, but they said they worked really hard on it, so I wear it everyday." 

Their fingers began to intertwine like the strings on the bracelet, locking each finger together, Jisung's thumb caressing Chenle's hand. 

Chenle's phone rings and they immediately let go of each other, as if they were doing something wrong. 

"Hello? Oh, okay. I'm on my way!" He hangs up the phone and begins to stand. 

"My chauffer is here, I have to head out now." Jisung is taken aback for a moment, and then a tinge of sadness hits him. He didn't want it to end, but every good moment has to end, for him at least.  

He follows Chenle to his door and they say their farewells. As he shuts the door, he looks down towards his hand. Just remembering the warmth of Chenle makes him flush profoundly. 

"What the is happening to me?" He asks himself, still smiling as he heads back to his room to begin getting ready for bed. 


BRUHVEAOUVIBHJLVBEJA 

I was gonna make this chapter short, but I think this is one of the longest ones I've written so far LOL

Pls let me know what you think down below in the comment section!! (AND do upvote/subscribe if you haven't already hehe) 

K thanks bye!