Down the Line

Nauna ang Lundag sa Talon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Round 1 Preliminary Games

Ateneo Lady Eagles VS La Salle Lady Spikers

 

 

"After that unfortunate even last Season 79 where Kim Taeyeon then in her 3rd playing year was stretched out during the first game of the finals versus La Salle. It was her team's first appearance in the finals after 2 decades, she was about to lead the team in ending her school's drought for a champioship trophy, but things happened."

 

"As I remember Shinyoung-shi, hindi naging maganda ang landing ng magaling na spiker, kaya nagsustain sya ng ACL injury at kinailangan nya ng surgery after that"

 

"Tama ka dyan, Sook-shi, at dahil nga doon, La Salle defeated her team in 3 straight sets, and in 2 consecutive matches. It was one of the best season in the history of UAAP because we all know Ateneo was a very young team that time, majority of their players were rookies."

 

"Pero tignan mo naman partner, those 3 rookies also known as the Chol-Sol-Rene as the fans called them, miraculously played so well last year (Season 80)  giving them a slot in the final 4. In fact, sports analysts predicted that they will be seeded last that season, but these 3 proved everyone wrong."

 

"Anyway, mga kababayan, dami na naming nadaldal dito, you can't blame us, we are as excited as you are. The line of audience outside is crazyyyyy!!. Opening game pa lang ito, parang finals na ang energy ng lahat. But before the game starts, let us go to Ateneo's courtside reporter Kim Yerim to give us an interview with the returning captain of the Lady Eagles."

 

"Yes Sook and Shinyoung unnie, this is your Ateneo courtside reporter live and alive, Kim Yeri. We have here with us Kim Taeyeon-shi, back in the game, totally healed and ready to play again for the team. How are you captain? What's LE's preparation for this game against your number one nemesis?" 

 

Lahat ay excited sa pagbabalik ng kapitana. Everyone in the audience stares at the big screen inside the court as they proudly watch one of the best UAAP volleyball players of this generation.

 

"Hello, Yeri, yes, I am back and I am very much energized to play again. For game preps, we don't have particular or unique conditioning preparation for a particular team. We usually just give our best during practice."

 

The courtside reporter, same as the other normal Hukbo ni Taengo's (Taeyeon's fandom name) fans cannot hide her fangirl self as the camera man tries to wakes her up in her small bubble where she's just staring lovingly at the player. 

 

"Yerim-shi! Yerim-shi! We are live!" shouts the coverage staff

 

 

"Ah yeh yeh, Taeyeon-shi. A... A....Ano naman ang ultimate goal nyo this se...season?" she mentally kicks herself for stuttering in her first reporting gig

 

 

"Well I am very positive that we'll be able to rally the team to finals. Hehe. This is very ambitious I know. But I am telling this not to boost the morale of my team but because the future of ALE IAteneo Lady Eagles) is very bright because of our new players. Though we won't have Yoona this season due to the MCL injury she sustained during practice, the birth of our 3 rookies will be enough for the team to survive."

 

 

"Yes yes, that's a sad news for the Yoona Forever Friends fans, but don't worry, she will be sitting with the team as the Asst. Coach, we'll not be able to see her play inside the court pero magiging isa naman sya sa strategists together with coach Sunmi, who is currently in the hospital right now due to dehydration. Get well soon coach.  Back to the team, the fans are also anticipating for ChoSolRene. Sports consultants predicted the combination of these 3 will be very lethal, knowing that they are already considered senior members of the team."

 

"Ah yes Yeri-shi, muntik ko na silang makalimutan. Hahahaha"

 

Taeyeon laughed in her ahjumma voice making the audience burst into laughter as well. She is loved by the fans not only because of her skills but also because of her cute antics.

 

"I felt really bad last season 79 and 80, leaving this 3 behind was just so heartbreaking. But as much as I want to feel bad about myself, I had taken this on the positive note. Because of my absence, they stepped up their game and they gave a good fight to the other 6 UAAP teams."

 

 

 

Flashback

 

"Welcome back Captain Taeyeon!!!"

Nagsigawan ang lahat sa Blue Eagles Gym (BEG) sa pagdating ng kanilang leader. Everyone hugs her emotionally. Yoona even in her crutches stands up too to greet her longtime friend.

 

"Kamusta ang lahat?" she starts

 

"Well, as you can see Cap, everyone is back from vacation, nagstart na magpakondisyon in preparation for the upcoming season. Kamusta ang recruitment  ng school for  new players?

 

"Tss, Kap, I'm still not used to be called Kap, we both know that you are the better captain, bakit ka pa kasi napilay? Sana hindi ako namromroblema ngayon.  I didn’t even agree to this, dapat si Irene na lang."

 

The 91-liner Chorong and Irene avoid each other's gaze. Solar, sensing the situation diverts the topic immediately.

 

"Cap, balita ko marami daw kayo na-recruit na talent sa Palarong Pambansa?"

 

"Scout, hindi recruit, marami nga kami nascout hindi naman namin narecruit lahat. I think dahil hindi ganun ka-prestigious ang team natin sa volleyball, mas gusto nilang sumali sa La Salle, UST and FEU. I can't blame them though."

 

That changed the mood of everyone. Bukod kasi unexpected accident ni Yoona, wala na rin ang mga senior key players like Luna and Amber, kapos sila ng players. Kulang na lang manghila ang batang coach na si Sunmi sa basketball team para lang may maglaro sa volleyball team.

 

"But hey, it's too early to be sad, aside from you guys, we were able to convince to rookies to enrol here.  Irene, give them a preview of these 2 rookies."

 

Irene, the co-captain, surprsimgly chosen as the new co-captain by Sunmi and Taeyeon.

 

"Chou Tzuyu, 5'11, Ateneo de Davao high school captain and key player, middle blocker, consistent best Middle Blocker sa Palarong Pambansa. We all know, wala tayong middle blocker ngayon sa team, our team lacks tall members, lalo na sa front row. So her presence will help us in the net." Umpisa ng bagong co-captain

 

"Nagsalita ang matangkad" Chorong mumbled but enough to be heard

 

"I said 'our team', that includes me."

 

"But you clearly specified 'front row', that's literally me, Yong and captain."

 

 

Irene sighs in de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter