Combination Play

Nauna ang Lundag sa Talon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

La Salle's huddle before the game

 

"Okay team, remember our practice game. Combination plays, quick sets. Let's do what we've been doing for years to Ateneo, we'll not let them score double digits. Walk in the park lang to."  

 

"Yah yah yah Kwon Yuri!!! Napag usapan na natin to, let's stop this type of mind set. Kaya ginagaya ng mga to ang yabang mo sa court eh. You're the captain of the team, make yourself a good example naman."

Dati pa, ayaw na talaga ni Jessica ang ganitong style ng pamamalakad ng kanilang captain, pero wala rin sya nagagawa kapag game na kasi lahat nadadala ng emosyon.

 

"Tehhh,  di naman yun yabang yun, it's called 'Sweeeeeeg'"

 

"Isa ka pa is aka pa!"

 

"Aray aray namannnn tehhhh!!" sigaw ni Eunji habang sinusubukang kumawala ang tenga nya sa pagkakapingot ng pinsan

 

"Being the co-captain of this team, I want everyone's attention to our main goal, and that is to attain 4-peat this season, there is no other way but to be the champion. And I trust everyone in this. Eunji, distribute the ball equally, give unpredictable sets to Jennie. Naeun, we need your tower blocks this time, they have taller players this season at higit sa lahat, Taeyeon is back in the game."

 

Everyone listens carefully as Jessica gives the final instruction. It has always been Jessica who acts more likely to be the captain than Yuri. She refused to take the position for the sole reason na "tinatamad" sya minsan. The official captain on the other hand is very much the definition of a captain, she motivates the team well, excellent athleticism, communicates with every member and everyone looks up to her. She maybe playful at times, but a 'game face on' Kwon Yuri is feared by every team in the UAAP.

 

"Receive lang tayo team."

 

Emerging from the door, their coach, Kwon Boa.Having the most celebrated career in her collegiate days, with multiple championship belts under her reign. She led the country's volleyball team during the SEAGAMES. Kwon Boa, the gem of Philippine Volleyball is the coach of the defending champs. They said that because of her, this team will be the most undefeated team this season.

 

"Coaaaaachhhhhhh!!!!"

 

 

 

 

..

"Ah yeh yeh, Taeyeon-shi.Ano naman ang ultimate goal nyo this season?"

 

"Well I am very positive that we'll be able yo rally the team til finals. Hehe. This is very ambitious I know. But I am telling this not to boost the morale of my team but because the future of ALE is very bright because of our new players. Though we don't have Yoona this season due to her MCL injury she sustained during practice, the birth of our 3 rookies will be enough for the team to survive."

 

Kim Taeyeon's pre-game interview airs during that time. Everyone has their share of distasteful comments but maybe Yuri has the harshest words for the opposing team's captain."

 

"Tssss. Finals appearance my as$. Final 4 is even far from possible for Ateneo. You're being too confident Kim. Watch as I disgrace your team later."

That was not left unheard by Jessica who from the beginning didn't like the taunting Yuri is doing to Taeyeon.

 

"Yuri…"

 

 

"Right right, napag usapan na natin to and walang personalan, laro lang, etc. I get it Jess."

 

..

 

 

Hearing the exchange of words from her team's co-captain and captain, Naeun approaches the latter.

 

"But I heard, they were able to recruit super rookies Cap."

 

Knowing the setter, the usually quiet player, the who only speaks when necessary, it was a shock to say the least that she's here talking to her.

 

"I know, they got Oh Hayoung, let's just move on from what happened, shall we Naeun?"

 

Medyo iritang sagot ni Yuri after having that conversation with Jessica a while ago, it changed her mood.

 

"But I am not talking about Hayoung though. I'm talking about her and her." The taller player quips as she points to Tzuyu and Seulgi.

 

"Well, maganda sila, lalo na yung Tzuyu, matangkad pa.” casual na casual na sagot nito

 

“Ah o, oo m…maganda.”

Naeun suddenly turns red after complimenting the rookie of Ateneo.

 

“Are you okay though? Para kang lalagnatin bigla ah?”

 

“No, I’m fine, siguro nga kinakabahan lang.” pagsisinungaling nya

 “Seems like nakalimutan mong may super rookie din tayo, we have Lisa. And dont forget Jennie, she's one of the best in the league now, knowing na 2nd playing year pa lang nya."

 

She proudly added as she is not convinced with the blocker's worry. This time, she eyes Lisa and Jennie doing the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter