New Friends

Butterfly Effect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Who's this new nerdy??" Jihyo asks glancing at the new face curiously, who's seated just three seats behind them in the middle column surrounded by the three problematic girls. 

"Who?" Tzuyu, turning her head behind, directs her eyes towards the same direction. She betrays a tiny smile silently and utters "Ahh...He's a transferred boy.. Jeon Jungkook"

Jihyo briefly takes her eyes off from the topic of discussion and glances over her friend, trying to read her expression but she sees no sign of irritation nor the admiration. Tzuyu's face is blank, completely void of any form of expression which of course doesn't click well with Jihyo's assumption since she clearly pictured her friend betraying a small chuckle not so while ago. May be she's just reading too much between the lines. "New boy and already famous among girls huh? Now that's interesting" Jihyo raises her brows as her bottom lip rolls outwards with a nod of surprise. 

Tzuyu grimaces at that and her brows knit together with a hint of dispproval. "What's so surprising about a boy making some friends on his first day fo high school? Do you think people outside of the city areas, don't have any friends? Or are you telling me that the country bumpkin isn't capable enough to do that? Why is it even suprising to you?" She, unconsciously adorning an expression which suggests nothing but a pure disappointment and irritation, turns her body around aiming for an answer but then immediately pauses for few seconds as her eyes read her best friend's apalled expression. She also notices how her arms are folded over each other and her head shaking with an expression that says what's wrong with you girl? why so defensive? And that's when she realizes how stupid she sounded, forcing an awkward laugh, her right hand reaches at the back of her neck to rub it gently, one of her nervous habits that's too familiar with the people who are close to her. Jihyo notices it all to well but instead of pin pointing the stiff body language of her friend she instead patiently waits her to clarify.

With a failed attempt to sound natural, Tzuyu, brushes her tongue over her dry lips, moistened them and gets them ready by smashing them together to utter some sensible reasons to back up her stupidity, "I mean, although he's ugly, he can't be that bad with girls, can he?" She stutters visibly but ends it anyway on a gentle note as if by softening those harsh words it would nullify her aggresive tone of voice that she displayed not so while ago but even then she sounded too nervous to her preference.

"What was all that for?" Jihyo releases a long air out of and demands an explanation. It sounded too unusual knowing how conservative and reserved her friend is. She absolutely hates to meddle on people's business. 

In response, all she could do was gulp down uneasily because Jihyo's right. Why was she so defensive towards some complete stranger with whom she has nothing to do with? And although part of her reason for being defensive like that might have to do with him being a potential laughing stock, she didn't want to admit it so easily. She doesn't need to worry about that bumpkin just because her gut feelings tells her that he might end up becoming a push over. An easy target to bullies, who would continuously torture him and shower him with their constant attentions and sabotage him by never leaving him alone with utmost devotion that they wouldn't even disguise it at all.

She just can't ignore this fact and knowing it very well that most of the times her gut feelings is always right, if she still chooses to ignore it, her concise wouldn't let her live peacefully. Torn in between her conscise and people's busines, she internally screams in frustation, clutching the hem of her skirts tightly in between her fingers, she takes a much awaited deep god damned breathe.

God, why is she so bugged by the thought of him being a target amongst the whole class? The frustation is real and she needs to clear her head asap. But then if she looks into the other side of it, who knows this might be one of those times when it got proved completely wrong like when she predicted her brother to reject Jihyo once again but suprisingly it was proven wrong. Yeah, hopefully, that is what it is.

Shaking her head vigorously, she reminds herself that she doesn't need to care about something that means nothing to her, it's certainly not her business. But after a few seconds, which felt like an eternal years to Tzuyu, she inhales deeply and as she exhales the air slowly, she's ready to lie once again, "I heard he's got some mysterious aura around him which attracts people. Some say he's too naive outwardly but has an evil dark side to him inwardly. But those are just speculations from his previous school with no absolute ground to grasp on, can be nothing but a complete baseless rumour." She whispers in Jihyo's ear and retreats herself to observe the outcome of her effortless lie.

"Holy cow! That can't be, can it?" Jihyo exclaims as her eyes widens double their perimeters and then focuses on Tzuyu's face for confirmation. Tzuyu slightly bobs her shoulders maintaing her calm poker face all the while trying hard to control her giggle from being audible enough to burst her bubble of lie. She sneakily admires her sense of humour and tsks at her best friend's naivety.

"Haae... but he's too cute to be evil. I can't wrap my head around that fact" Jihyo looks back again to read the boy's body language. No matter how she looked at him, he seems too clueless to be the mysterious guy who people claim him to be.

"Yah, yah! Enough of him. Stop eyeing on some random guy and focus on your near to death relationship huh" Tzuyu stretches her hands to turn around Jihyo's head towards her. 

"Yah.. Don't even remind me of him.. How can be he soo heartless? He wouldn't pick up my phone Tzuyu" Jihyo frowns and her eyes rest on the floor.

"Oppa might be just busy. He'll call you back, don't worry" Who could understand Yoongi more than his own biological sister. Tzuyu was in fact used to Yoongi's absence and so she could very precisely understand what Jihyo's going through. Although she initially loathed her brother for ignoring her as a kid, someone made her understand that he was just working hard to provide them a two times meal and a shelter to live. That person made her realize how much her brother loved her and always placed her first that he didn't even take a break from the tiring jobs when he had a high fever and almost ended up in emergency room in hospital due to over working and malnutrition. After that incident, her perspective towards him completely changed but of course no one knows about this little secret except her and that someone.

Even though Tzuyu and Yoongi shared the same apartment they hardly had a good heart to heart talk, not that they don't get along well but Yoongi's always been so occupied with his basketball games and then studies. He also has to go on numerous part time jobs to pay for the rooms that they're living in and all those expenses for living that he hardly gets enough time to chill and talk to hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter