CHAPTER 1

Butterfly Effect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kook ah, you need to do your best and don't be harsh on yourself. Okay?" Mother Melisha advises softly, giving a tender squeeze to a 17 years old boy's hand as she tries her best to sound as normal as possible. Patting his head gently, she gives one longing look to him and sees him struggling with a big bag pack around his shoulder. A crease of worry slowly adorns her forehead right then. 

Jungkook has always been a quiet boy. Someone who rarely spoke out loud about his feelings and someone who always had trouble with expressing himself to others. Mother Melisha knew that very well and although she supported him when he expressed his desire to study far away from where he spent his entire childhood yet she couldn't control worrying about him. That boy is looking like a mess right now and that's even scaring her more, adding up to her list of worries. How will he survive alone in such a big city, far away from his home town and devoid of his near and dears. This question always dared to threaten her every night ever since his scholarship application was accepted. Unable to get rid off the worries about his well being, she eyes him once more, her own tears daring to roll down her cheeks. She can notice how unhappy he is to be leaving this place but kudos to him for trying his best to not look as broken as he actually is. Jungkook silently nods his head unable to utter a word off his mouth, his face red and eyes starting to well up with tears.

It was a Sunday morning, beginning of a new session year, -a new journey which Jungkook was anticipating eagerly for such a long time. He always dreamed of attending JYP High School, a top notch high school of Seoul. And the mere imagination of getting a privilege to live in Seoul always enthralled him to infinity so he was and still is happy to be attending there as a scholarship student, yet his heart is sad to be leaving the place he basically grew up in. He will definitely miss the church where he prayed every twice daily, his choir group with whom he performed every weekend in the church, Father Matthew, who would listen to his problems, sorrows and childish confessions patiently and he will miss the playground where he jumped around with the other kids, Mother Melisha, who brought him up as her own son, and all the sisters who loved him like a little dongsaeng. He'll miss them all so much.

"Time to go. Take care of yourself darling" Mother Melisha, after planting an emotional goodbye kiss on the boy's forehead, ushers the teenager with a heavy heart to a cab which has been waiting for him to take him to the bus stand -from there he'll have to take a bus to Seoul, then there's a long tiring journey waiting for him.

Jungkook takes one last longing glance to the church with his tear filled eyes and bids goodbye to the crowd of familiar faces from his seat before riding away from there with a sad long face.

---------------------

After a few couple of hours of bus ride, Jungkook finally breathes in a much desired Seoul's air and grins in excitement. He quickly takes out a piece of paper which was given to him by Mother Melisha that he had safely pocketed inside of his trouser, carefully unfolds it and looks at the tall building right in front of him. The hooding board with JYP HIGH SCHOOL HOSTEL written on the center catches his eyes. Bingo! He snaps his fingers loudly as he finds he's in the right place. Without wasting a second, he marches into the building -inquires about his room number to the receptionist but as he is busy doing so a lean and tall built man taps his shoulder from behind. He turns his head around and is greeted by a tan skinned man, grinning widely.

"So the Einstein I've been waiting for has finally arrived" The man gently presses the shoulders of Jungkook with an admirable look on his eyes. Jungkook awkwardly nods his head and bows to the man with a nervous smile. The "Einstein" part felt too burdening to him and thus he felt it better to not respond to it.

"Good. Just so you don't get puzzled, let me introduce myself. I'm the Founder of this school, Park Jin Young" 

"Oh, Good evening Sir. I'm Jeon Jungkook" As soon as he is informed about the man's identity, Jungkook doesn't hesitate to greet him politely, of course his thick Busan accent flowing richly with every words he uttered. Jungkook owes a big time to this man. Because of his generosity, he gets to attend such a expensive and top high school of Korea. Not every orphan gets to enjoy such fortune.

"Did you get your key?" JYP asks him when the boy is shamelessly gawking him in admiration. 

"Ah, no- not yet! Sir" He stutters cutely and then quickly turns back to the reception desk and takes a room key with him.

"Since we had a week long vacation trip to Bali, the students aren't here at the moment but don't worry they'll be back at night and the class will resume from tomorrow so don't freak out if you hear some heavy noises late at night". JYP laughs heartily and then walks away. Jungkook sighs in relief and then proceeds to search his room as he drags his heavy luggage bag behind him.

 ----------

The morning was not a good morning to Jungkook, when he found another unknown body lying next to his side with his arm around his waist and a strong long leg wrapping his entire lower body, he almost felt like a big fat python have been strangling him to eat alive. He quickly frees himself from the boy with much efforts and shifts his body away from the boy in shock. A little taken back by the situation he dances his sleepy gaze around the room, finds two extra bed unoccupied and then travels his eyes back to the sleeping boy. He studies his face meticulously and he's to admit the boy's got a good gene from his parent. He'd never seen such a beautiful looking man with such a perfect proportioned body. He looks a bit older than himself and thus guesses the boy must be in his senior years.

Jungkook sits up straight on his side of the bed with an unsure look plastered on his confused face and then grimaces. What has he run into now? He lets out a long sigh, glances at the watch dangled in the wall.

 5 a.m. it says and then lets out another tiring sigh. It's too early to get up but he's no desire to sleep anymore. Dragging his leg lazily, he gets off the bed and walks into the washroom, yawning repetitively.

----------

"Argh!" Tzuyu slams the locker loudly and mentally calms herself from freaking out. She hates the disorganized dirty place and she hates it even more when she's to clean such messy spot. She opens her locker once again only to deeply sigh in frustration. Her big round eyes scan through every corners of that poky locker and linger there for a long moment. Then after a quick breathe in and out session,she takes out hands full of letters from her locker and throws them into the dustbin mercilessly -some greeting cards, chocolate bars and candies following suit. Her poker face shows that she's used to with this action and her hands move faster than ever to clean up her preoccupied locker. 

"Hmm. Bunch of love letters huh? Ms. Popular" A very familiar voice from behind interrupts her daily ritual but that doesn't stop her from what she's doing. Although Jihyo always had a delightful voice, she sounded to irritating to Tzuyu at that very moment.

"Not funny, Jihyo!" Tzuyu slams the locker shut, dusts off her hands and then turns around. She swims her eyes to her friend, Jihyo, who then moves to a nearby bench to sit. An unwanted wide smug spreading across her face catches Tzuyu's attention.

Too annoying!  Tzuyu mutters under her breathe when she finds her enjoying her pain and just to remind that's not even her first time. Every freaking time!!! Like seriously, who even laughs at their best friend's pain???

Oh, how she was trying her damn hard to refrain herself from yelling out loud at Jihyo: What kind of best friend are you? But then, that's just her over dramatic sensitive losing its sanity for a brief second and taking over her noble soul and so she chooses to keep quiet. There are times like this in everyone's life, aren't there? 

Oh, C'mon she can't be the only one...

"What?" Jihyo almost defensively mouths aloud when a pair of wide eyes glares her in rage.

"Nothing. It's just that I'm tired of seeing them everyday. When will i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter