Love Letters

Love and Letters

Choi Yuna is one of quite famous yet dork person. Everyone acknowledges her as the stunning weirdo due to her visual. Teachers and friends really adore her although she might not be that smarty, people still like her. Her vocal is higher and wide than normal range, beating everyone and make her as the famous dork in her class.

The opponent of her is just the same. He has very prominent face, sharp nose, sharp jaw and very prominent. Signature eyebrows and his height. Everyone in the school knows him as well despite being the average and most awkward student. His vocal has been acknowledge by his vocal teacher and his classmates as the new vocal generation. Wide jaw, high notes and emotional vocal make every girls attracted to him. As well as the male.

These two is really famous with their own title and some of them ship them and they just don’t realize it. Learning at the same batch and same year, their class is not that far to know each other but they never encounter each other despite being next to each other. Yep, their class is very close to one another yet none of them realize their existence.

 

“Since today I’ll be your substitute teacher for vocal class, I want this class to combine with next class. It’s a lot easier to teach you.” Dokyeom’s class move to the music class, which the next class are already there. Most of the students in that class are female so Dokyeom’s class quite excited to see them since they’re just the same.

They make themselves comfy and somehow today, they need to sing one verse of previous generation’s song. Not everyone excited with this because some of them don’t have that confidence to sing in front of other class. Dokyeom’s friend nudges him and tell him that he can captures any girl’s heart at this moment. Dokyeom just scoffs, think it’s ridiculous for him to do so. He sings because he wants to not because he wants to gain attention. Yuna’s friend, who happened sits next to them heard the boys. She also tell Yuna that she should sings to attract the male students. It’s kind of like a competition between these two classes but Yuna shrugs it off. “I’m not doing it for that.” Yuna somewhat rolled her eyes to her friend.

 

As soon the class commence, people are getting nervous and worried to sing in front of other students. One by one sings their own song until it reaches Yuna’s turn. She stands confidently and take a breath before she can proceeds her singing. Dokyeom and his friend look at Yuna, who’s sitting next to them. Everyone is waiting for her to begin and once the music play, everyone falls silence and awe with her vocal. “If you want to know, that is Choi Yuna. The one that everyone talked about.” His friend tells Dokyeom since he never meets her before and this is his first. He’s really impressed with her and didn’t know all this time this is Choi Yuna. ‘Nice voice.’ A small smile appears on his face but he covers it before his friend saw it.

Dokyeom eyes widened once she hits the high notes perfectly. No straining and her vibration is perfect. Somehow she manages to make his heart thumps. ‘Choi Yuna.’ He whispers to himself.

Soon it reaches Dokyeom’s turn. Everyone definitely waits for his turn to come including the vocal teacher. They know how much powerful his voice is. His vocal sounds as musical actor and no one wants to and can’t beat that. The nervousness he had is replace with confidence once everyone starts paying attention to him. He sings his favourite song by Yang Da Il. Girls start to squeal once he commences because his deep voice is already make girls heart melting.

Choi Yuna on the other hand stares at the male with curiosity. ‘Is this Lee Dokyeom that everyone talks about?’ Somehow she can’t stop staring at this male with his strong vocal, making her awestruck. ‘Damn, he’s so nice.’ Her friend nudges her by elbow and look at Yuna devilishly. “Told ya.” Yuna can feel her face slightly heat up just by hearing his voice. “He really can move girls’ heart.” She must admits and her friend chuckles. “Well, he’s Lee Dokyeom, Yuna.”

Applause from everyone and never in the world Dokyeom feels this proud. He doesn’t know why but he likes it and appreciate it a lot. Especially when the teacher compliments him. He smiles small and bow to everyone in the class until his eyes land on one girl. He just smile at her as if the two caught in their own world.

Yuna doesn’t know why but her heart tugs. She bits her lips, not knowing what this feeling is. Her friend teases her when she saw Yuna’s cheeks getting red. “Eyy~”

 

 

One day of classes finally end. The rest of students start to packed in the hallway, trying to pack their stuffs at the locker while some of them already leaving the school. Yuna opens her locker and an envelope falls on the floor. She picks up and her friend asks, “Letter again?” Yuna shrugs but keep it in her diary and quickly packing. “I wonder who’s the sender.” Her friend says as she’s getting curious since it’s been a while Yuna receives those letters. “I don’t know but if I get a chance to know this person, I don’t want to know him.”

“Why?” Her friend frowns. “Just because. If I know who this person is, I might be shy to face him.”

 

Once they arrive at Yuna’s house, her friend plops on Yuna’s bed. She always hang out at Yuna’s place since her parents always outstation and because Yuna’s parents don’t care. Thus, their parents know each other. “You want to sleep over tonight?” Yuna asks. Her friend, Eunbi nods. “My parents went to Japan for a week.” What a really busy parents her friend has.

Yuna gets a small box that wrapped in flowery blue wallpaper. She opens the box to place the letter she receives earlier. But before she puts inside she opens the envelope and read it.

 


To: Choi Yuna

Hi, I saw you today singing in vocal’s class. Your singing was perfect, it touched my heart. I almost melt when you reach high note. I didn’t know that we can be in the same class for today vocal class. You look really beautiful especially when you blushed. You look so cute, I felt like to squish your cheeks. Anyway, I hope we can always meet each other in vocal class.

Oh and if we ever encounter each other I’ll try to greet you. Sorry for short letter today. I’m kind of busy now. See you tomorrow.

Love, admirer.


Yuna flutters reading the letter while her friend smirks. “Gosh, why can’t that person just say that he actually likes you.” Eunbi sighs, covering her face with one of Yuna’s plushies. But then Yuna reads again and frown appear on her face. “But, there’s something weird with this letter.” Her friend sits up abruptly. “This person wrote my name. Usually he will write ‘my secret admire’ but now he writes my name. Don’t you think it’s weird?”

Eunbi grabs the letter and read it out loud. She pauses and think for a while. “Maybe this person just found out your name in the class earlier.” A while later, Eunbi gasps. “Oh my god, this person was in vocal class earlier?? It can’t be Jung Jaehyun?”

“Why him?” she frowns again. “Because he’s the most handsome in next class. Besides, he was sitting next to us.”

“But, Lee Dokyeom is also good looking and he also sit next to us earlier.” Eunbi stares at Yuna questioningly because all of sudden Choi Yuna just say that Lee Dokyeom is handsome. “Yeah, I admit that but why?”

“Just because.” She mutters and Eunbi realizes that Yuna might have a little crush on the legend vocalist. “Ahhh, I get it.” Eunbi smirks and Yuna just can’t control her blushes.

 

 

 

 

Dokyeom waits at the corridor for Jaehyun to pass it inside. He looks around to check if there’s anyone walk at the front. He sighs once Jaehyun did it successfully. The duo walk to their class once they finish their mission. “Dude, don’t we have gymnastic class today?” Jaehyun reminds Dokyeom and he groans remembering that. He doesn’t really like the class because he needs to wear something vibrant and tight. He hates it because it’s just too y according to himself.

“Aww, come on. It’s not like you will dance with any of our girls.” He sighs and both of them go to changing room.

What they don’t expect is that, not just their girls in their class but they’ll combine it again with next class. This idea makes both of them groan especially Dokyeom. He doesn’t have any confident to face all those girls with this tight outfit. “Wae?!” Jaehyun half shouts but cover his mouth when some girls walk passed them.

 

Yuna waits for Eunbi to tie her hair into ponytail before walk out to the gym. Eunbi saw Yuna looks nervous than before. “Eyy, you look nervous. Is it because we’re combining class again or is it because that Lee Dokyeom.” Yuna quickly shush her friend from exposing her secret. Yep, they talked about that boy last night and it just make Yuna falls for him whenever she saw him since yesterday’s vocal class. She must admits, he really has great vocal and even looking better with his outstanding vocal. She falls for that.

Eunbi pulls Yuna to sit with their classmates or else they might lost in track or Eunbi can say, Yuna’s the one will lost seeing that Lee Dokyeom. From avoiding any encounter with the duo male, both of them are sitting across each other and Yuna saw him. Eunbi face palms herself because why she didn’t saw that coming.

Dokyeom looks extra handsome today with his front hair pull up in the air, says Choi Yuna. Yuna can’t help but to be nervous seeing him. Once a while she will try to look at that Lee Dokyeom.

 

Half an hour with the gymnastic lesson, Eunbi descry Jaehyun looks at Yuna. ‘Jung Jaehyun looks at Yuna?’ Then it hit her. She pinches Yuna lightly at the waist. “Yuna.” She whispers, pretending she’s talking to Yuna and tell Yuna not to look anywhere. “I think I know who sent you those letters.” Yuna almost widen her eyes but Eunbi told her to make it natural so Yuna pretends to laugh.

“Really? Who?” Still laughing, despite being pinched by Eunbi earlier.

 

 

Yuna opens her locker, somehow anticipating the letters and she’s right. There’s letter inside. Even more than one. She frowns but can’t wait to read those letters.

The girls on their way to Yuna’s house but Eunbi suddenly wants to have some fresh juice. So, they went to juice shop. Once they order their drinks, the two sit at the corner of the shop. Just to get some privacy.

Yuna on the other hand, quite eager to read the letter that was placed in her locker. She rips the envelope and take out the letter inside.


To: Choi Yuna

I had a dream of you last night ever since our vocal class yesterday, I couldn’t help but to think of you more. Hahaha, sorry for sounding more cringy. I can’t stop thinking about you especially when you started singing. It was really nice and I fell for that voice. You are incredibly beautiful with a set of beautiful voice, I must admit that. I hope we can have some collaboration between our classes in the future. Anyway, just to remind you that you are always beautiful and never let anyone low down your confident. I love who you are and the way you are.

Love, admirer.


Yuna flutters again with the words. She wants to squeal right there but Eunbi reminds her that they’re in a shop right now. Eunbi reads the other letter when Yuna reads the other letter. She gasps when her prediction is right. “Yah, look at this. It says I saw you at the gym earlier looking so beautiful.” Eunbi points at the sentence and Yuna reads the whole letter.


To: Choi Yuna

Hey, this letter is a bit rush but just want to let you know that you look really stunning in the morning during our gymnastic class. I saw how you focus when Mrs Gong showed the move. Your lips pouting a bit while your eyebrows furrow at how complicated the move is.

I saw you laugh during gymnastic class. I don’t know what are you talking with your friend but you look really adorable when laughing. Eyes become a crescent and lips curled up. I love that look. So, when will you smile in front of me? Hahaha I’m just joking.

Anyway, we encountered earlier during lunch and I actually looked at you to greet you but you didn’t see me. I guess you were busy talking with your friend. I hope we can meet face to face in the future. I’m getting closer to you and I hope you wouldn’t ignore me.

Love, admirer.


Yuna eyes widen when she reads that. “You know what, Yuna.” Eunbi finally decides to tell her friend. “Before you enter the school in the morning, I was about to step inside but halted when I saw your Lee Dokyeom looking around, as if he was guiding something. Then, I saw Jung Jaehyun stood in front your locker.”

Eunbi grabs her both of her friend arms and look deep in her eyes. “I think the sender is Jung Jaehyun.”

Yuna froze completely. ‘That can’t be.’

Eunbi saw how Yuna seemingly hesitate with the answer but give out her points. “First, Jaehyun looked at you at the gymnastic class. He even said, we encountered during lunch. When you were busy looking at your phone, I saw Jaehyun looked at you. So, the answer must be him.”

But this is not what Yuna expected and what Yuna wants. ‘I was hoping it’s his friend.’

 

Later that night, the two finally decide to make the boy truly confess to her. It was actually Eunbi’s idea since Yuna is not good with making decision. “Are you sure it’s fine to force him like this?” Eunbi assures her that this will be fine and for both good.

 

 

The two arrive earlier than anyone else just to make sure that they can put the letter for him before he arrives. Yuna sticks the letter in front of her locker with Jaehyun’s name written on it. They quickly move to their class but Eunbi being Yuna’s friend, wants to make sure the male takes it.

A while later, the duo best friend come in. As usual, letter in Jaehyun’s hand and Dokyeom being the guard, quickly take place. Eunbi hides at the corner just to check them out. Jaehyun frowns when he’s about to insert the letter. There’s a letter on her locker with his name written on it.

He looks at Dokyeom and points it. Dokyeom also frowns, curious at what’s actually going on. Jaehyun inserts the letter and take the letter from Yuna. “That’s weird. She never reply anything.” He says to Dokyeom.

Eunbi walks back to her class once she saw Jaehyun takes the letter. Telling Yuna, it’s working as they planned.

 

 

Jaehyun rips the envelope and read the ingredient. “That’s weird. How does she knows my name?” Dokyeom looks at Jaehyun for a while and realize he got caught. But not him. It’s Jaehyun, they thought.

“Dude, she asks to meet her after school outside the school’s gate.” Dokyeom his lips and tell Jaehyun just do it. “Are you sure?” He nods, promising it will be fine.

 

 

Right after the class ended, Yuna and Eunbi walk out of the school. Not forgetting the letter in Yuna’s locker. Eunbi pushes Yuna to Jaehyun once she saw the male while she hides behind the pile. Yuna is actually really nervous right now because she’s about to know the truth. She taps lightly on his shoulder.

“H-Hi.” Jaehyun smiles, showing slightly his dimple. “Choi Yuna.” She nods and doesn’t know what to do because she never really interact with male. “Err… So, I got caught by you at last. But to tell the truth, it wasn’t me if you wanna know.” She frowns when she heard the answer. “W- What?”

Jaehyun nods, confirming it wasn’t him all this time. “Since it’s been going for quite some time, let me give you some hint. It wasn’t me all this time. I’m just posting the letters to you but I didn’t write the letter.”

This leaves Yuna in shocks and so does Eunbi since she’s actually listen to them. “If you’re wondering who’s the sender is, I tell you, it’s my friend.” Choi Yuna might be slow for such information but not for Eunbi. She gasps when Jaehyun finally tells the truth.

While Yuna trying to figure out who’s the sender is, Jaehyun already leaves her. “I actually root for you guys.” He shows his fist, telling her ‘fighting’.

Because Yuna still in daze, Eunbi had to pull Yuna back home or else they might stand there for how long Yuna can stand.

 

 

The two head to Yuna’s house and with puzzle looks on Yuna’s face, Eunbi chuckles. “You must be trying to figure out who’s the person since Jaehyun has a lot of friends, right?” Yuna nods slowly, still trying to figure out the sender. “Well, I want to talk with you about those stuffs but my aunt called me, saying I need to be at her house for a while.” Yuna frowns because all of sudden Eunbi needs to go home. "My parents somehow finished their work earlier and they want to stay for a while at my aunt’s house.”

That leaves Choi Yuna all alone, walking back home. It’s not like she’s not used to but somehow today she feels quite lonely since Eunbi went back home and her surprising fact about her secret admirer.

Her stomach grumbles on her way back home. She pauses and fortunately there’s a bakery shop just right there. Her face lightens and stride to the shop. Once she steps in, she sniffs the smell of the store. Smells of bread, cake and coffee. Her stomach growls even louder.

She quickly order what she desires right now and before she can pay her order, the cashier tells her that one of their staffs already pay for her. Her bewildered expression just make the male behind chuckles silently. “That fast?” The cashier nods, smile plaster on her small face. ‘How can that happen?’

 

Yuna plays with her phone until her order arrives. The waiter places all of her order on the table and Yuna thanks him. But before she can dig in, a small note sticks on her beverage. ‘Stay for a while.’ Yuna frowns and try to look at the waiter earlier but all she gets is his back and how broad his shoulder is.

 

Yuna waits till 5 o’clock but the waiter didn’t appear so she thinks he might be busy. Yuna finishes her drink and quickly get up but before she can leave, an apron places on the table. She looks at the unfamiliar hand straight to the eyes. She almost gasp but pause, eyes widening at the presence. A smile and his famous eyesmile greet Yuna. “Lee Dokyeom?” He rubs his nape and ask Yuna to sit back. “I’m sorry that I’m late. I was busy.”

The two talk about how both of them are famous for the same title. It’s just that he’s the guy version while Yuna is the girl version. “I… actually want to talk about something.” Dokyeom his lips before proceed. “You met Jaehyun earlier, right?” Yuna nods and wondering what has to do with him.

“Well, the letters you’ve been receiving every day is actually…..” Dokyeom feels his throat tighten as if he can’t speak. “All of those letters are actually from me.” He mutters and he manages to make Yuna’s heart beat louder. “W- What?”

“Y- Yeah. All those three months later are actually from me. Not Jaehyun. He only did the posting for me.” Dokyeom doesn’t know just where did he gets this confident to tell and face her. He, the most awkward man in his school, in his class is actually talking the truth to a girl he’s been crushing ever since.

 

 

It starts three months ago where Dokyeom saw Yuna singing alone in vocal class. She was playing the grand piano in the class while singing beautifully. He knew about her but never get the chance to know her name. Jaehyun wanted to tell him Yuna’s name but Dokyeom didn’t want it. He wanted to feel like he didn’t know about her when in fact he has Jaehyun to tell everything about her.

She’s famous for nothing and of course Dokyeom knew her as one of dork person just like him. He doesn’t want Jaehyun to tell him anything about her but asked him to post the letters into her locker. Everyday.

He became excited when they finally get a chance to encounter and be in one class. Vocal class was where he knows her name. Her singing was beautiful and she always look stunning wherever she is. Dokyeom became nervous when he saw she was sitting next to him with her friend but he tried to tone down his excitement.

During lunch, he saw Yuna was eating with her friend and he saw Yuna focused only with her phone. He was afraid that Yuna might have somebody in her heart or someone she belongs to. He stared at her for quite some time until he decides to go back to class. That’s when Eunbi caught Jaehyun stared at Yuna and that was how Eunbi started to suspect Jaehyun.

 

 

“It was you all this time. But why didn’t you want to tell me and just sent me letters.” Dokyeom can’t even bear to look at her eyes. “I’m afraid and you know that I’m really awkward girls.”

Then he heard Yuna chuckles lightly after silence for a while. “I actually expected you to be the one who sent the letters and turns out it’s true.”

Yuna takes a bold step by holding Dokyeom’s hand and she can feels Dokyeom stiffened. She smiles but explain the truth. “I admit I was kind of sad when Eunbi thought it was Jaehyun and not you. I really wished it was you but turns out my instinct is right.”

She holds Dokyeom’s cheeks and caress them. “I like you too, Lee Dokyeom.” That day, Dokyeom just can’t hide his smiles and that smiles become Yuna’s favourite sight. It always courage that they need.

 

 

If you don’t have courage or brave to confess, when will you get the person you like. It’s okay to be rejected because there’s a lot more people in this world and love does not appear on one person but others.

I just hope you won’t lose hope in confessing to someone because that someone will not lose unless you lost them.