Unsaid Words

Not Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah Gong Taekwang. Where’d you go in the middle of class?” Song Joo asked as she hurried to stand next to him.

Shijin answered, “Probably to the rooftop. Where else would he go?”

“Gong Taekwang!” A voice from behind them called.

The three turned around and waited for their running homeroom teacher.

“Ssaem! I’ve never seen you run so hard.” Songjoo stated.

“Yah Gong Taekwang, are you really sure you want to transfer? You won’t change your mind like you did last time? Did you talk to your father about it?”

The mentioned shrugged, “My father would be overjoyed if he knew. He’s always trying to send me away anyways. I’m sure he’ll be happy with my decision, he can even come home early now without having to worry about seeing me!”

The teacher’s eyebrows knit, “Taekwang-ah.”

“When can I leave?”

“Where are you going anyways?”

Taekwang hesitated to tell him, but made a decision, “Some older friends asked me to stay with them.”

“Those guys that I met?”

He nodded.

“Next week.” Teacher Kim’s shoulders fell in defeat.

Songjoo and Shijin watched the exchange in confusion. Songjoo cut in, “Gong Tae, you’re transferring?”

“You never told us anything!” Shijin huffed.

The notorious teenager brushed them off and walked away.

“Yah Gong Tae!” Song Joo called after him, “Yah!”

He stopped in front of his family’s black car. The driver looked around in confusion and worry before his eyes settled upon Taekwang and relaxed.

The teen felt his heart lighten slightly, realizing that the driver had been concerned about him. “I was a bit late, wasn’t I? Sorry.”

“Not at all, sir! It’s fine.”

He smiled at the older man before pulling the door open and ducking into the car. The light filtered in through the windows and Taekwang looked down at his hands. His heart felt lighter, as if he was finally letting go of a burden. Only he’d never thought of this as a burden. Following Eunbi and her friends around, hopelessly wishing for even a glance. One with genuine care. Not like the curious or critical ones he always received.

~

Blinking away his tiredness, he took a seat at the sofa in the living room. The streetlights glowed through the window in the dark room. The clock’s illuminated face showed that it was almost midnight.

The door slid open, roughly, and the lights flickered on. Moments later, his parent trudged into the room, his feet dragging on the carpet. He froze upon noticing his son, peering at him.

“Taekwang.” He state monotonously.

“Tomorrow, I’m leaving.”

The older man spun around to look at him. So I guess I have to leave to be worthy of his attention, Taekwang thought to himsel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter