Chapter One

Seokjin's Home for Abandoned Teens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Isn’t your brother that huge CEO guy?” a voice asked, causing Kim Jungwoo to raise his head from his desk. He turned his head to face a kid who sported cross shaped earrings. He was one of the school’s jocks, someone Jungwoo tried to avoid. Jungwoo sighed and sat up straight, squinting his eyes at the guy. “You know, the one from Mogcho group? Who has that orphanage.”

“Yeah, he is,” Jungwoo said with a sigh. “Why?”

“I need a place to go,” the boy said, his voice dropping so people couldn’t hear their conversation. “Look, my parents kicked me out and I’m homeless. I’ve been sleeping in a motel the last couple nights, but they’re not going to let me stay. And I know your brother takes people like me in. You should help me out.”

“I would talk to your brother myself,” a new voice said as a boy with bright red hair and dangling earrings said, sitting down on the other side of Jungwoo. He was another one of the school’s jocks, and unfortunately for Jungwoo, one of his housemates. He and Taewoo never got along. “But you see, Yongha is my boyfriend and I don’t think your brother would listen to me. You’re his brother! He has to listen to you, right?”

“Why’d your parents kick you out?” Jungwoo asked suspiciously, squinting his eyes at Yongha. His brother did take in orphans, but he did not take in criminals. He knew Yongha’s reputation in this school, and if he ended up bullying the younger kids in the home, his brother would not have it.

“A couple reasons, actually,” Yongha said, making Jungwoo a little uneasy. “I’m gay. I’m failing half my classes. I refuse to take over the family business. And I’m going to a college for football if I can get my full-ride scholarship.”

“You won’t get that scholarship if you fail, you know,” Jungwoo said, frowning at him. “My older brother is a hardass. You can’t let your grades slip on him.”

“That’s fine. I can work with that,” Yongha said, shrugging his shoulders. “As long as your brother isn’t against me being gay, I can compromise.”

“You know he’s dating my brother, right?” Taewoo asked with a snort. “He’s definitely not against you being gay. Don’t worry about it. Besides, Jungwoo here is crushing on a little fourteen year old at the home.”

“I am not crushing on a 14 year old,” Jungwoo said, rolling his eyes. “He’s my best friend. Besides, his brother is dating my brother Taehyung. We would never jeopardize their relationship.”

“How many brothers do you even have?” Yongha asked, suddenly curious. “I’ve only heard about your CEO brother, Seokjin.”

“He has three brothers,” Taewoo spoke up for him. “His brother Shihyun is a year older than him. And then Taehyung is 4 years older than him.”

“I can speak for myself, thank you,” Jungwoo said, rolling his eyes.

Just as the bell rang to indicate the start of classes, Jungwoo’s remaining housemates of his year came running in with mischievous grins. They both sat down right in front of Jungwoo, turning to him and waving. Jungwoo just waved back and took out his notebook. He didn’t know what the two of them did. When the two of them were together, they tended to get in trouble.

“Jungwoo,” one of the two, Minhyuk, said pointing his pencil at him. “Tell your brother I’ll be home late. Mark and Lucas invited me over. They have some friends they want me to meet. Mark said the other Jungwoo bought a new game as well so I want to check it out. I’ll probably be home late.”

“Just don’t forget hyung’s curfew,” Jungwoo said, rolling his eyes. It was normal for Minhyuk to go out with his friends, but he always came home super late.

“If you see Jinyoung hyung, tell him I went to the library,” Minhyuk said, grinning at him.

“I’m not lying to your brother for you,” Jungwoo replied, rolling his eyes. “He’s not going to believe that anyway.”

“It’s okay, I’ll lie to your brother for you,” Yeonjun, their other housemate, said with a snicker. He then grinned at waved at Yongha. “I’ve never seen you sit over here.”

“Trying to see if Jungwoo here will talk to his brother about letting me stay with you guys,” Yongha said, causing Yeonjun to grin even more and nod his head excitedly. Before they could say anything else, their teacher walked in to start the day. Jungwoo sighed and looked down at his notebook. He hated being one of the oldest in the home as well as the brother to their “guardian”. Everyone always had to bug him for things. That was one thing he didn’t like. He just wanted peace and quiet. But apparently that was too much to ask for.

 

---------

 

A young boy sat in the middle of the gym, doing sit ups as he warmed up for class. Out of his peripheral vision, he saw a boy with a wide grin and crooked teeth walk in. Besides his crooked teeth, he had one of the most heartwarming smiles in the world. He had an absolutely beautiful face, with his bangs swept to the side. To the boy watching, he thought this boy could be a model. His visuals definitely made him look like it.

The boy sighed and sat up straight, still staring at the other. The boy’s name was Kim Junseo, and he was a shy first year who had just entered the school. It was only the second week of the school year, and Junseo had already found a boy to crush on. The worst part was, the boy he admired was in his 2nd year and he was pretty popular. He was on the varsity football team, so he knew a lot of the 3rd years. There was no way he would notice someone like Junseo. Except for the fact that his best friend also happened to be Junseo’s childhood friend who used to live in the same foster home as him.

“You’re staring again,” a voice said from next to him, causing Junseo to turn his head in fast motion. Standing next to him was none other than that childhood friend. He was just as beautiful as Junseo’s crush. He had light brown hair, with bangs covering his eyes. He was in the same grade as Junseo, but somehow made it to the varsity football team as well.

“Hyung!” Junseo cried, jumping up and bowing. “When did you get here?”

“I’ve been standing here for the last five minutes, watching you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter