III) the rising tension.......

iz*one mystery school trip au
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin’s POV

My knees went weak. I felt my stomach curled at the sight of Eunbi's dead body. The door slammed open in an instant, revealing Wonyoung behind it. Wonyoung launched herself towards me after seeing me crouching on the floor.

 

"Yujin-ah, are you alright?", Wonyoung held me tightly.

 

I couldn't speak, my throat was dry and I couldn't stop myself from trembling. At this point I think I’m going crazy. My fidgeting hand slowly raise to point towards Eunbi, signaling Wonyoung about the situation. Wonyoung gasped when she saw the body, she was taken aback. I bet she's doesn’t feel good after seeing it too, her face literally shows that she's about to throw up.

 

We heard footsteps behind us. Turns out the rest finally made their way here. I heard some of them screamed in terror. I can totally understand their reactions because the scene is indeed disturbing. The person behind this must be a psycho to kill someone like that.

 

"We need to call the security as soon as possible.", Nako mentioned, but I could still see that she’s panicking too even though she tries to hide it.

 

"I will go call them together with Sakura.", Hitomi volunteered.

 

Hitomi and Sakura both went away to get the security, leaving the rest of us with the body.

 

"Everyone, let's go back to the tent and compose ourselves first. We should leave this to the security in the meantime.", Nako commanded.

 

I was shaking so vigorously that I couldn’t stand up on my own. Wonyoung helped me but I was too heavy to be carry by her alone. Nako noticed that Wonyoung was struggling to pull me up, she quickly got to my side to offer her help and take me back to my tent.

 

I was carried all the way back to camp by Wonyoung and Nako. Nako left soon after I was settled down inside the tent. My thoughts were full with images of Eunbi’s dead body, my entire body felt paralyzed. Wonyoung keep comforting me and lend me her shoulder to lean on while both Yena and Yuri went to get some drinking water for me. I unknowingly fell asleep in Wonyoung’s embrace.

 

My nap didn’t last long before Hyewon came to inform us that everyone’s presence is needed in the dining area. The other three members of my group assist me in carrying me to the meeting venue.

 

Everyone gathered at the dinning table. The atmosphere doesn’t seems right. My gut told me that something is about to happen. Just then both Hitomi and Sakura gather with us after calling the security.

 

"The security told us they would investigate the scene first then give us update on it.", Hitomi informed us.

 

"What is this?? Shouldn't they just let us go back when things like these happened?", Yena slammed the table and said.

 

Yuri who was sat beside Yena try to calm her down.

 

"Can you just calm down for a second? The last thing we want here is getting into a fight.", Sakura fought back.

 

It was a surprise to everyone. Sakura hasn’t speak even once since Chaeyeon’s incident and now she's fighting back to Yena? Something must be wrong here.

 

"Maybe it’s because one of us could be the killer.", I couldn’t help but voiced out my suspicions.

 

"Yeah….Even if some of us might try to deny it but sadly that’s the most logical explanation.", Wonyoung immediately agreed with me.

 

Everyone went silent for a moment. I bet right now they all already have someone in mind that they think would be the killer.

 

"At time like this, I hope we stick together and help each other out. Suspecting one another would just lead us to being separated.", Nako tried to ease the tension between us.

 

Without Eunbi’s presence, Nako seems to be the one in charge right now. No matter how much I hate the fact that the midget is leading us but we do really need a leader now. Plus, I really do owe her for what she did for me earlier by helping me to get back to my tent.

 

"How could we stay put if one of us is the killer?", Hyewon questioned.

 

"Yeah, at time like this we should be delivering justice by finding the killer and lock em up or just kill the ing fellow for god sake!", Yena add on.

 

"Calm the down and just listen to what Nako says! You guys are goddamn annoying.", Chaewon said nonchalantly like this whole murder case doesn't concern her.

 

"You are the most suspicious, Chaewon.", Hyewon uttered.

 

All of us got our attention on Chaewon. She shrugged, "How so? I didn’t do ."

 

"You were not with any of us this whole time. You’re the only one without an alibi here.", Hyewon points out.

 

"That's true, Hyewon was eating in our tent this whole time so that only leaves you and Eunbi alone.", Nako justified Hyewon's point.

 

Even though I was fidgeting and my emotions are a little bit unstable, I do still tries to focus on what the rest of them are saying. I noticed Chaewon's expression changed. She looks rather nervous and insecure, this is the first time i witnessed Chaewon being like this. She was always that confident girl who leads the Joyuriz and a person who everyone is afraid of.

 

"Where are you during that time then?", Yena said with a tone laced with suspicion.

 

"I-I was sleeping in the tent, Eunbi was not with me.", Chaewon defended.

 

"That is not valid, most of us have witnesses that can confirm our alibi of us being in our tent but you’re the only one that has none.", Yuri stepped up.

 

Chaewon glared at Yuri. It was like she's trying to signal Yuri to shut up. The latter shows no reaction to her fierce glare. However, Yena stood in front of Yuri, she was trying to protect Yuri from Chaewon.

 

"Believe me, everyone. I may be a person who bullies others but I would never go to the extend of killing someone.", Chaewon retaliated.

 

Chaewon tried her best to convince everyone but none of us seems to believe what she said.

 

"Chaewon-ah, your point doesn’t prove to us that you're innocent so I suggest that we should lock you up and have a look out on you tonight.", Nako shut her up.

 

The majority of us agreed on Nako’s plan. Even I agreed and the other two of Joyuriz agreed too. It was unexpected that her own best buddies would suspect her.

 

Then the tension turned thick, Chaewon’s blood boils, she looks at the two of her best friends like they just threw her to the wolves. Suddenly, she charged towards the two of them. She almost lands a punch on Yena’s face but Hyewon and Nako were quick to hold her back. Yuri stood in front of Yena this time.

 

The situation was chaotic. Chaewon was shouting about how angry she is that even her best friends would not hesitate to lock her up. My head was dizzy so I couldn't really interpret what she said.

 

At that moment, Wonyoung's warm hand wrapped my body. She knew I was having anxiety with how the atmosphere is right now. Go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter