Epilogue

Guilty or Not

Epilogue

 

-----------

May you be happy, happy, happy…
It’s everything I ask for in our farewell
It couldn’t be even after loving you so much
Due all those so absurd things of life

-----------

 

A night without dreams. When he opens his eyes, the first thing he thinks about is how he missed the chance to ask Yunho to try it once again. As impossible or selfish as it could be, he wanted to ask for a new chance for them but what he told to his ex-lover last night had come out from his heart. He didn’t ask for a new opportunity to make their relationship work but he wished for the other happiness and he still thinks the same

It’s a new day and the insistent ringing of his phone makes him sit on the bed to reach it. He feels his heart jumping in his chest seeing the caller’s ID.

“Yunhoyah?”

“Jaejoong, I’m sorry. Did I wake you up?”

“No, it’s okay.” He can’t help but feeling hopeful, even when he’s not sure about what. “Did you sleep well?”

“Uh… yea but,” Yunho makes a pause sighing. “I wanted to tell you something. I’ve been thinking all night about many things after your call and-”

“Please, don’t. You don’t have to feel obligated to anything. I said what I feel and it’s what I really wish… for you to be happy and-”

“You know I often wondered if what was I suffering being with you wasn’t just my karma for what I did to him. I don’t know if you know but back then, around the time when you started to call me when we broke up years ago; I tried dating a girl and a guy too. I’ve always regretted what happened with him because I never could see in him anything else than the faint resemblance he had with you…” Yunho exhales deeply. “We never got too far while dating but I know I hurt him ‘cause I wasn’t actually interested in him while he really liked me. After that I tried to go out with that girl I really liked and your calls began and… you know the rest…”

Jaejoong keeps listening but he can’t help but feel a pang of jealousy, it’s ridiculous at this stage and he knows it but he can’t control what he is feeling.

“…And I’m telling you this because…” Yunho chuckles a little, “I don’t know why I’m doing it really, maybe because I wanted you to know this... I guess I did my own mistakes…”

“I’m sorry, Yunho… I-”

“No, you don’t have to keep apologizing… Jaejoong.” A heavy silence falls between them. “I guess I had to do it too. Maybe if I would have talked to you clearer and confronted what was happening at the moment instead of keeping silence, maybe our ending would have been different-”

“Or maybe we wouldn’t have end… maybe if we- if I’d have done things different-”

“Jaejoong, now it’s too late like to think about it but of course I’d have liked not to end up so hurt but now… I want to repeat what I told you the last time we met… even when I’d have preferred to say this face to face, I think it’s better this way…” the silence feels heavy once again only interrupted by the sigh of Yunho. “I wish you to find all the happiness that I dreamed I could give you, I Want you to be happy, Jaejoong… you talked about ‘waiting’… please don’t. It is too painful and too lonely being left waiting; believe me, I’ve been there… I don’t want to know if part of your sorrow confirms my suspicions… I won’t think about betrayal or any of that anymore.”

“Yunho… you can’t decide that for me. I-”

“I’m not deciding for you, I’m just telling you how I’d like things to be now. There’s no more time or room for letting words unsaid. Truth is, that I loved you Jaejoong-”

“And I loved you too, I still do…” it hurts him to hear that sentence said in past but he knows that Yunho’s love belongs to someone else now.

“What we had was beautiful but it’s in the past and for what you told me last night, I know that deeply inside you have accepted that fact too… so let this be our goodbye… let’s put aside all the bitterness and put a definitive end with good wishes…”

“Yunho…” Jaejoong suppresses the desire to cry breathing deeply.

“Be happy, Jaejoong… be always happy, successful and beautiful…”

“You too… be always happy, successful and not as beautiful as me,” Jaejoong chuckles and hears his love doing the same at the other end of the line, “eat well, don’t lose too much weight, don’t get sick…”

“You too, stay healthy please…”

“I won’t call you anymore…” Jaejoong says finally after another long silence.

“I think that’s the best…” Yunho makes a short pause, “I have to go now. Goo-”

“Even if it’s the last time… could you please… just like in the old times? Can we pretend for an instant?...”

Yunho laughs softly.

“See you soon, my Jaejoongie!”

“See you soon, Yunhoyah…!”

The line goes dead. Now it’s over but instead of shedding more tears like his heart wants to do, he thinks about what their mutual friend told him: everything could happen.

Maybe someday in the future he will be singing a song at Yunho’s wedding, maybe Yunho will be his best man at his own or he’ll be going to meet Yunho’s children accompanied by his partner. Maybe they won’t be as closer as they were once being best friends, maybe they will. Maybe they are going to be together again or not even talk again. Maybe they’re going to find their happiness together in their next lives because there’s no way something as wonderful as what they shared is destined to fail forever… so, while looking to the sky through the window, Jaejoong sighs. He’s going to move on with his life willing to accept whatever the future holds for them.

 

-----------

You can always count on me
It doesn't matter where you're at
In the end you see that we remained as friends
And instead of saying goodbye with reproaches and tears
I, that loved you so much
I want you to be happy, happy, happy…

----------

 

 

………………..

Que Seas Feliz - Luis Miguel

A/N Thank you to all people that gave this story a chance, for the comments, the upvotes and the subscribtions. Thank you, thank you, thank you ^-^

(Just in case, Links for the songs are in evry song name put at the end of the chapter except for the main song that it's in the foreword.)