02:

Pretty & reckless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm sitting by the sink inside Ryujin's bathroom as she stood right between my legs. We aren't sleepy but we ditch class and the reason behind that is because of Ryujin's already wrecked nail polish. 

 

I am holding her left hand as her right one rests on my lap. I didn't mind, I'm too busy applying new coats of nail polish on her and besides, I like her warmth against my skin. I definitely cannot get myself to complain.

 

" hey " I hummed as a response, trying hard not to miss any part of her nail or paint her skin " have I ever told you you're beautiful? " I rolled my eyes as I prevent myself from giggling.

 

I can sense her eyes staring at me even I don't look up and check if it is real. I just know it.

 

" you do, every damn time " I said and quickly glanced at her, catching her scrunching her nose. That's a very cute habit of her. Cute and Ryujin don't match up but in random times, cute can sum up Ryujin very well.

 

I let go of her hand after painting the last one " done " I proudly said to myself as I put back the brush of the nail polish.

 

Ryujin kept still on her position, even leaning her hands on the sink to trap me. I raised my eyebrow at her " you're so pretty " she sincerely said. Ryujin is almost going to beat my mom's record for calling me pretty and beautiful.

 

I don't really see myself as one but with Ryujin constantly saying it with her sincere voice and loving eyes, I'm slowly believing that I am or at least I am pretty on her eyes. To be honest, I think that matters more to me. What Ryujin thinks about me matters more than anything.

 

Ryujin's intense stares are making me breathless. Her eyes were as if it's preventing me to breathe properly, be on my right mind, and get lost of ahold on my own heart. 

 

This uncontrolled feeling isn't making me feel uncomfortable, it doesn't make me go in a panic. It's brave for me to say that I kinda like it. I know what I'm feeling, I'm not naive to not know what these butterflies and wilding heartbeat means, but I'm afraid to accept it, I choose to deny the truth behind it.

 

Our mini staring contest ended when the doorbell suddenly rang. Ryujin turned her head away " I'll get it " she said and moved away with a small smile before leaving me.

 

I hopped down from the sink and looked at my reflection on the mirror, my face is bright red and my lips kept on smiling even I try hard to stop it. 

 

I stepped out of the bathroom and went down to see who's Ryujin's visitor " oh? What are you doing here? " it's Hyojin " you two are being best friends now, huh? Not inviting me " he jokingly pouted but her attempt of cute gesture didn't impress me but his hand on Ryujin's waist did.

 

" are you willing to have your nails painted? " I raised an eyebrow at him " it's an initiation for becoming a member of the girls' club " he chuckled and shook his head.

 

" I'm passing " he said " let's go swim, go up and change your clothes " he suggested and ordered at the same time before leaving to go to the kitchen as if this whole place is his. 

 

He looked like he knew the whole house, now I'm wondering how many times has he visited here especially that Ryujin's always alone. My stomach churned, I hate it.

 

Ryujin grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards her room. She's smiling, making me wonder if Hyojin's presence makes her happy.

 

" I have a swimsuit that would look good on you! " she excitedly exclaimed. She went through her closet and after finding what she's searching for, she handed me a black swimsuit while on her other hand is a red one.

 

" try it on " she happily said as she stood up, right in front of me. Is she expecting me to strip in front of her? Noticing my confused look, she immediately rushed to the corner of the room " right, I shouldn't watch you " she giggled and turned her back at me.

 

She began removing her top, I can see it through the mirror. I shouldn't be watching her do that but her is so inviting, I can't get my eyes out of it.

 

I also began stripping, shyly slowly taking off my top. Feeling very conscious about it, worried that Ryujin would suddenly turn around and see me .

 

" are you okay now? " she asks and by the mirror, I can see her still facing the wall as she ties the string of her swimsuit " can I turn around now? " she asks again.

 

" okay " I softly said and she did, we turned around at the same time. It was as if it became slowmo, her smile immediately rose up on the corner of her lips making me do the same. She's infectious, her smile is.

 

After tying her bikini string on her nape, she walked towards me " you look dashing " she complimented, brushing off my hair to my back " very beautiful " by now, she has defeated mom's compliments.

 

" you shouldn't bother stating the obvious " I smiled, I can be shamelessly confident with her " you don't look bad yourself " I said.

 

Ryujin giggled and reached for my hand, our fingers intertwined perfectly, fitting perfectly together like a puzzle.  

 

Together we jumped into the pool, bursting in laughter as the sun kisses our bare shoulders. We submerged into the water, I tried to keep my eyes open to look at the sight of Ryujin being in water and God, she has outdone Ariel. She's absolutely magnificent.

 

A random wish came up into my mind before we go back and catch some air— I wish I had gills to stay longer inside the water, I want to keep looking at Ryujin that way. Being inside the water seemed to cancel out every noise and it feels like nothing else mattered but she and me.

 

Our little fun cut out when Hyojin cannon jumped inside the pull, making us turn our heads away to avoid the splash of water. Hyojin shook his head and brushed his hand on his face and hair. 

 

He swam towards us, to Ryujin to secure his arms against her waist " it's refreshing! " he shouted, I smiled as my response. Ryujin turned her head to Hyojin's and gave the boy a light peck on his cheeks making Hyojin's grin grow wider.

 

Hyojin dived inside the water and seconds after, Ryujin took out a soft yelp. Hyojin now has Ryujin by his shoulders, carrying her like a mighty man. Ryujin keeps giggling and Hyojin keeps proving his strength and I was left there watching them— watching Ryujin's bright face.

 

 

 

Spring break and everyone's aching for some fun. I'm staring at the empty ceiling of my room, waiting for a miracle to happen. I wish ice cream would suddenly fall down from the sky.

 

My phone that's resting on my chest suddenly vibrated, I looked at it and saw Ryujin's new message along with our bunch of messages throughout the weeks. 

 

She's asking me if I want to go to Hyojin's house because they are gathered there for some light drinks and to swim. The idea of swimming is so tempting, it's so hot right now and I want to dip into cold water.

 

I typed in my reply saying I will be there in a minute.

 

I threw my phone on my bed and stood up, stripping as I walk into my closet. I usually strip around confidently inside my room, after all, it's just me in here. 

 

I rummage around and found a cute bikini, I wore it and topped it off with a crop top and shorts. I grabbed my jean jacket and phone before rushing down to the living room to say goodbye to my mom.

 

" mom " I knocked at the door to get her attention, she perked up and brought down her newspaper to look at me " I'll be going outside, I'll be home before dinner " I said.

 

She nodded her head " ok dear, have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter