01:

Pretty & reckless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I look ahead at the house I'm heading at. The loud noise of the music can be heard meters away, cars and bikes parked as if there's no right way of parking s, vomiting people in the bushes and the reek of alcohol welcomed me the moment I entered the house.

 

Typical college party like in every college movie. Alcoholic drinks. Teenagers wilding out. Couples making out. It actually exists in real life.

 

" Chaeryeong!!! " I smiled at the warm welcome of the host of the party, Kim Hyojin. We're not close-close, he's my brother's pal so we automatically became friends. I guess that's how it works.

 

" hey " I greeted him back as she snakes his arms around my neck, leading me inside his house. He reeks on alcohol, I'm not really that goody girl to complain and after all, I'm expecting to go home drunk as well.

 

He leads me to the kitchen where stacks of canned beers are present and his girlfriend who I've met occasionally is waving at me. I waved back and sat on top of the counter like her.

 

" it's just 9 in the evening and everyone's out of their minds? " I giggled and accepted Hyojin's offered beer " lucky that police hasn't come here yet because of the noise " I added and opened the beer, that satisfactory sound of it makes me grin.

 

Hyojin shrugged and handed Ryujin a stick of cigarette " I took out the vodka pretty early, shouldn't have done that " he said and lit up the cigarette between Ryujin's lips " I'll leave you girls here for a while, enjoy yourself " he patted my shoulder and left.

 

I chugged the beer on my hand and began scanning the place, it's wrecked. Floor full of dirt, some traces of vomit on the floor, shattered glasses, and more. It's like a dog house full of wild and abandoned dogs. Pretty crazy.

 

I stopped observing when Ryujin blew the smoke of her cigarette on my face. I looked at her and cheekily smiled. We're not close but I guess we're friends, like Hyojin's case, it's just automatic.

 

Ryujin lifted the cigarette in front of me " want? " she asks and I shrugged before opening my mouth. She smiled and gently put in the cigarette between my lips.

 

When the cigarette left my lips, I huff the smoke on her face as she did to me earlier. We burst laughing, I don't exactly know why but we did.

 

" let's dance " she gets off from the counter, offering her hand to help me get down as well.

 

I giggled " I don't actually know how to dance " I said but took her hand anyway to get down " I have two left foot " I added when I landed on the floor.

 

" you can't be that bad! " she encourages, putting away my hair to my back " pretty girls usually are good with everything " she winks and dragged me to the crowd of people grinding at each other.

 

I stood there like an idiot, bouncing subtly to the beat as I keep my eyes fixed on Ryujin who's eyes were shut while dancing gracefully. Her arms are moving like fluid, her waist is like one with the beat and her hair is just swaying along with her moves. It looks magnificent, I'm awed.

 

It's an obvious fact that she's beautiful, but her beauty right now is just radiating. It's almost unrealistic on how she looks ethereal right this moment.

 

She suddenly opened her eyes, meeting mine " what are you looking at? " she grinned and moved closer to me, putting her arms around my neck. I just then realized how I've been gawking over her like a fangirl. I must have looked like an idiot.

 

She's running her fingers through my hair locks, still swaying to the beat but not as energetic as it is like earlier " nothing, I just realized that you are a good dancer " I complimented her and she burst out laughing, but I can see a hint of blush across her cheeks.

 

" thank you " she said, maintaining our eye contact " I like your chocker, looks good on you " she added, probably feeling obliged to give me a compliment since I've blurted out one.

 

" I know, you don't need to mention it " I proudly said with a wide grin.

 

The last thing I remembered from that night is me chugging a bunch of beers and laughing with Ryujin. I felt lighthearted that night. It wasn't a boring party like I expected it to be, props to Ryujin's amazing company.

 

I guess I'm friends with Ryujin not because she's Hyojin's girlfriend but because she's Ryujin. I honestly preferred that reason other than the last one. Hyojin, on the other hand, remains my brother's friend that automatically became my friend. He's a douchebag so I don't know if that will change.

 

 

Hangover plus boring lectures are definitely one of hell's torture. I yawned for the fifth time and my professor caught me three times now.

 

He glared at me, the bald old man stopped talking and crossed his arms while maintaining his eyes upon my direction. I shamelessly smiled at him and even waved my hand softly, mouthing 'hi' at him.

 

" get out " that resonated around the room, making everyone wonder who he is talking to " Lee Chaeryeong, get out of my class, now " he sternly said, even pointing at the door.

 

" will you fail me if I do that? " I asked back with a smile on my lips.

 

He sighed " no, just get the hell out " he said and I waited no more seconds before grabbing my things and walking out, but before completely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter