Chapter 2

TRUE WEALTH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment he told his co-CEO the news spread like a wildfire with artists and employees congratulating him which made Kiseok feel awkward because unlike the pregnancy stage of most couples where all the congratulating takes place, his case was severely different, so he opts to just bow and pass by them, not wanting to be rude.

Kiseok talked to Jay about what repercussions they should take once the media gets a hold of the profound information that is grasping Kiseok but Jay dismissed him.

"Hyung seriously I'm more concerned with how your daughter will settle here in Korea rather than issues by the media" a pointed look from Jay and Kiseok rolls his eyes.
"You will have to face the press someday yes, that's inevitable but so is having your daughter here and staying so let's not be all negative and here okay?"

Kiseok could not decipher how Jay is cool with all of this. This is a scandal! He thinks but obviously the heavily tattooed man will not bat an eye.

"Here! See! She will be here tomorrow at the airport and we will welcome her the moment she lands" Jay's 'game plan' as he likes to call it was ridiculous in Kiseok's eyes.

Although he may not admit it to the latter since Kiseok was more than sure that Jay will never let him live it down, he was nervous to meet his daughter whom he just found out the existence of just a day ago and Jay was more enamored towards the idea of Harumi being here more than he was.

"Don't tell me you're not even going to cooperate with me on this hyung" Jay says accusingly.

"Look Jay-" Kiseok sighs and points at the email the lawyer just sent him with the details of Harumi's flight. "It says 1pm which means i have a meeting with a few artists and potential investors for OUR label tomorrow which in this case, also means that I CANNOT come to the airport and hold up a huge 'Welcome!' Banner at the gates 'lright?"

Jay gawks at him before throwing a disappointed look in his direction. Sighing, Jay walks out Kiseok's office after taking a picture of the screen holding all the information he needs for tomorrow.

"If you ever change your mind, we'll leave at 12 tomorrow for the airport. You can just follow after if you want"

The closing of his office door gave Kiseok the silence he needs. One would imagine that meeting a daughter after so many years would plaster a huge smile on anyone's face but as harsh as it may seem, Kiseok was having none of it.

He did not know how to act.
He did not know what he was supposed to feel in the situation.
He did not want to deal with the press gnawing at his personal life anymore that's for sure and to top it all off, he did not want to fail as a father.

Kiseok looks at himself in the mirror, studying how he looks and pats himself for looking way younger than his age. In less than 24 hours his daughter with the woman that made his once perfect relationship with Jane crumble to dust will be here and he just wasn't sure if he can face the girl without being reminded of what her mother costed him.

'This is some legit anachronism '

/

13:15 his phone clock reads, and Jay looks at the picture in his hand scanning the people that was exiting the gate for Harumi.
Jay knew he could not just come to the airport alone so he 'asked' Minsik along with him and of course, the rapper could not refuse.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter