three

Collide

HOW HE SURFACED IN THIS LIFE. I was busy trying to snap a photo of the things on the whiteboard, when someone came to our class.

The lecturer was sensitive with students not taking notes on their book but phone instead. A certain conflict arose between us because of that before.

I slightly smirked while I pressed the camera button on my phone. I was lowkey glad that that someone's appearance had just helped me to perform that quietly—the class was in chaos bickering about him.

As I was finally able to turn my head to the front, to catch up with the current issue, I pursed my lips. So the guy was new here, I guess, and he's telling stuff about it to the lecturer.

He's exactly the type who easily attracts attention with his overall—from-head-to-toe—visual.

I admit that I did feel a little bit of spark inside, but who cares.

I wanted to know whether the Flash was able to get rid of the robot or not.

I shook my head and continued playing with my phone. I put it [back] on my desk, covered with my pencil case. I pressed play on the thing I was watching; a certain superhero series with subtitle so I could mute it.

But in instant, I sighed because I couldn't seem to understand what's going on—with the episode. I kept getting distracted by the bickerings.

"Oh my God, hot!"

"Get your ing out of there!"

"On a scale 1 to 10, how much do you think the possibility of him not wanting to be with me?"

"I need him in my group!"

"No, he's going to be in my group! I'm going to ask the Professor—"

"No, I'm telling the Professor that!"

"What the heck???"

"You're not supposed to—"

"SILENCE!!!!!" The Professor slammed his table then sighed.

"We have a newly transferred student here and I want all of you to pay attention to him."

He turned to the new guy.

"Tell the class about yourself."

The guy nodded while he slightly smiled at the Professor, then turned to us. But his already-hard-to-notice smile disappeared as he's looking at us.

"I'm He Changxi."

He looked like a very serious guy.

He had the vibe like he's figured everything in life thus he doesn't give a with anything and anyone anymore.

"I came from Henan just a few days ago, and I hope—"

Boring, I thought. I rolled my eyes, and quickly took my hair tie off of my ponytail. I was trying to cover my ears with my hair.

I carefully plugged my earsets in, then started watching the remaining episode—I was seriously curious.

---

Someone poked me on the shoulder.

Dude, I'm currently paying my fullest attention to comprehend the robot's scheme here.

But the person suddenly held my shoulder. "Can't you see that I'm busy?" I blurted that while I tilted my head to that side.

It turned to be the new Henan guy, and he's already sitting beside me.

I was very annoyed.

Not by how he suddenly appeared beside me or disturbed me watching. But because he's pointing to the front then I turned to there and—

I finally noticed that the Professor was angry while looking at me.

I started taking my earsets out, lazily.

"Playing with your phone in my class again, Miss Sun Yihan?"

I pressed my eyes.

"Hm ." I mumbled.

I packed my bag and just left—before I had to hear more unnecessary ramblings.

---

I was watching another episode while sitting on the corner of a certain corridor, when suddenly, a group of people came and ing distracted me.

My earsets couldn't even hold me from sensing their presence.

Come on, this time the nemesis seems to be not a robot anymore. I'm busy and curious.

I groaned while I took out my earsets and put them into my bag.

A group of girls were surrounding someone and making so many noises. I could easily tell that that someone was the new guy, since he's super tall.

As I stood up and started fixing my shirt, he yelled, "No, I'm going with her, the girl that just left the class." How out of nowhere, much? It irked me a little so I turned while crinkling my forehead.

He mouthed, "Help!" with a very emergency face. I blinked many times, probably considering.

He just made me have to kick myself out of the class. Let's say, if he didn't attract the attention to my seat earlier, maybe—

"Please.." He mouthed that while furrowing his eyebrows. He looked pitiful and it's very distracting, since he's in the middle of such highly-energized girls.

I was confused with why he needed me to save him. He's the only man there, very tall and sturdy, so I thought he had the needed energy to help his own self.

I mouthed, "Just go!"

But he shook his head and started twitching his whole face.

"What are you doing?" I mouthed again. He could've just left by now—if he didn't have such a very low self-esteem.

He suddenly made an "x" with his hands for a brief second to me while mouthing, "I can't!"

I pursed my lips, thinking—that how could a guy like him say that he can't walk out from a sea of girls? He should know that I was pretty much half the size of everyone there; very undependable.

But then my eyes widened, as I was finally able to imagine something crazy but still believable to be his concern.

Him, pushing girls out of his way might look like he's trying to perform some ual assaults on them. Not to mention, these girls might use that to "get" him in many bizarre ways later.

I sighed but I walked to the girls, anyway. I said this to the row in front of me, "Move."

But no one cared.

"I said, move!" I yelled.

They're too busy making noise about him to actually notice my presence.

I groaned.

"Excuse me excuse me excuse me—" I kept saying that while slipping myself through the crowd. And since no one's listening, I was more like mumbling to myself.

Some were blurting these as they're pushed aside, but without paying attention to the source of pain aka me:

"Oww,"

"Ouch!"

"!"

"Oww!"

"Ugh!"

And stuff.

Note that I've said excuse me.

Once the new guy was already in front of me, I grabbed his wrist and dragged him out. I did everything very quickly that I even had to run until we reached somewhere far enough from there.

---

I immediately released his wrist then bent my upper body to the ground, panting.

"Bless my shirt." I just poured my beloved shirt with sweats all over it. I felt bad—to it.

"So.. thanks, I guess?" He blurted, with a totally steady voice like he's not tired at all.

"Yeah, yeah. Now leave."

"Sorry, that I made you have to leave the class earlier." He scratched the back of his head while grinning uneasily.

"Why sorry, though? I have to thank you, instead."

"What?" He started blinking quickly in disbelief.

"I nearly died in curiosity about what the robot was up to with my Flash."

"What??"

I tilted my head to him.

"Can't you say anything besides what?"

He's seriously stunned.

I rolled my eyes. "By the way, what's your name again?"

"He Changxi. You can call me Xixi."

Pffttt seriously.

I tried hard not to explode. I'd probably feel bad he feels bad—from seeing me burst.

"How about you?" He asked.

"Huh?"

"Your name."

"Ah.. Sun Yihan."

"Yiyi, then"

"What???"