eleven

Collide

I CAN BREATHE FOR NOW. So the Kiss It or Eat It game turns to be not as scary as the name. I assume that they did intend to make it scary at first, but since there might be partners with different orientations therefore they altered it..?

It's actually the famous chocolate stick game, where two people are given one stick and each has to put his/ on its end, then starts eating it. The team with the shortest stick win.

Meanwhile the Who to Kiss—or the first game to divide everyone into partners—only means that the PIC will tell everyone to start counting from 1 to 100. Each person says a number and if the number 100th is reached already, repeat from 1.

Thus the two people who say the same number are partners.

---

Much to my stupidity, I told Xixi to sit as far as he can from me, but I didn't predict the number correctly. I aimed to get him a guy but instead—

He got his witch cousin.

I could imagine how awkward they would be while facing each other and eating the chocolate stick.

Wait, isn't it actually good?

---

"Remember, all of you have to do the game wholeheartedly. If you're seen to be doing it recklessly without actually trying, you'll have to do the third game."

Ok.. that's new.

"So the third game is called I'd Rather Kiss than Have a Good Night, which literally means that you have to kiss the partner you've neglected in the chocolate stick game."

—and scary.

"You can still choose not to kiss the neglected partner, if you're willing to drink one of these." She's pointing at a bunch of bottles with weird purple liquid in them. "It will seriously make you have a bad night because it contains various kinds of heavy wine, soy sauce, and vinegar."

"What if both parties mutually don't want to do the chocolate stick game and also the kiss at all?" Someone asks.

"Each has to drink this."

---

Everyone is in chaos discussing stuff and trying to find their partner, when I still haven't met my own partner yet. "Number 78, please show up! Let's end this already! 78!!!" I keep yelling randomly while raising a hand.

Then someone finally starts walking to me. "I'm 78."

I turn to the voice and gasp.

It’s the apron guy, again.

"You must be kidding me." I mutter.

"Dream comes true, huh?" His lip corner raises on one side, in disgust. So he's talking about me.

"Can you drop the I'm-absolutely-ing-idolized-by-everybody attitude?" I twitch my face. Even my handsome ethereal friend doesn't have that.

"Listen, my alcohol tolerance is really low, I can fall on the bed for days just from drinking that. I don't want to look like I'm neglecting you. So don't be too overly excited later, ok?"

"WHAT THE ???#!"

People turn to us, startled.

I chuckle uneasily and immediately blurt, "Sorry, I just.. stepped on something. Go ahead continue your thing, haha." I force myself to smile.

I glare back at him while start talking in a more normal volume, "ing douchebag, you should know that I'm actually glad that the hate I feel is mutual on you."

He snickers.

", whatever. Believe what you like." I groan and roll my eyes.

"We'll see who's too overly excited later." I mutter.

---

"Is there any team that still hasn't received a chocolate stick yet? Raise your hand!"

Nobody raises a hand.

"Alright, get in position!"

The douchebag guy is already standing in front of me and is currently putting our stick on his mouth.

I sigh while I tiptoe a little bit; I’m trying to put my mouth on the other edge of it. He quickly tilts his head to the side to help me reach the stick.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1, start!"

I glare at him for a brief second, attempting to tell him to watch his ing lips. He looks good from this distance, by the way.

I quickly blink it away then focus on the stick and start eating the edge.

I feel more and more uneasy every time his breath touches my face. I think I’m upset.

The moment his nose tip brushes my cheek, I put my palm on his shoulder to prevent him from moving any forward.

“Time’s up!”

As I pull away from the stick, my eyes suddenly feel like they’re drawn into his eyes. I gulp. For a sec, I admit that he has a pair of great eyes; somehow match his attitude.

I immediately look away and dart my eyes around.

He starts scratching the back of his head, like he’s thinking. Geez, hopefully I didn’t show a stunned face in front of him.

It’s annoying to even imagine what’s possibly on his mind if he knew I did.

Find Xixi.

---

I feel bad as I watch Xixi’s turn. He keeps trying to reason with the PIC and always fails.

But the witch cousin is acting weird though, she looks creepily happy.

This view is very disgusting.

I’m currently trying to catch his attention by keep on looking at him while waving a hand. I just want to let him know that I support him no matter what; that’s probably my way to get a little “redemption”.

And when he notices me, I mouth, “Sorry.” He only responds that with his sheepish smile then makes a drinking gesture with his hand in front of his mouth.

So he chooses that.

---

He’s not someone who can resist bad-tasted food. I know some people that can still eat anything despite it tastes bad or not, as long as it’s food.

But he’s definitely not one of them.

He’s also the type that will directly show what he feels about anything. He doesn’t literally say it sometimes, but his face always shows it all.

---

Out of hundreds of people in here, nobody has to “play” the last game except Xixi.

“Alright, we’re finally going to do the last game in this whole trip! And as you all know, the one that has to play it is our campus’ heartthrob, He Changxi!”

People cheer.

While he looks very pitiful..

---

People start standing up to probably get a clearer view of him.

“I wonder how he’ll look like when he’s drunk...”

“Must be a lot hotter!!"

"He's already hot standing there."

"This needs to be recorded."

"Who knows that he would suddenly want me later? I need to get ready."

"I'll stick closer to him."

"No, I will!"

"I will!!"

I roll my eyes. I regret that I'm standing around some uneducated es.

"Isn't there anybody here that actually feels bad for him? He's forced to drink such just because he doesn't want to kiss his cousin?" I grumble to myself.

They suddenly turn to me.

"What is your problem?"

"Isn't this the mite that always sticks with him anywhere he goes?"

They start snickering.

"Tsk. es." I blurt that without taking a glance at them and just leave the crowd.

---

But it's kind of hard to stand on the most front row here. I'm currently on the most back row and every body is just so huge and "active". How am I supposed to push them all?

I try tip-toeing to take a peek on him.

"Drink it, drink it, drink it, drink it!" People are cheering for him to do it right now.

He unwillingly pinches his nose while he starts putting the bottle on his mouth.

But only after one small gulp, he already pulls away and looks like he's about to vomit.

"Move away!" I yell that to whoever standing in front of me. No one budges, though.

I take a look again at him and he's already about to finish half of it. I feel terrible.

I rush to the front while probably hurting some people and myself in the process.

---

I pant a bit as I've finally arrived in front of him.

"Stop that!" I yell.

He's still twitching his face, holding the bitterness in, when he turns to me.

I snatch the bottle away from him and drink it.

"What.. are you... doing?" He's even having a hard time to talk.

"Helping you. What else?"

"No, give it.. back."

"Listen, if you fall, a lot of es are waiting in line to perform scary s on you and I can't do anything about it."

"But if I fall, it doesn't matter."

I start drinking the whole thing.