thirteen

Collide

SOMETHING IS ON MY FACE. The moment I open my eyes, both of them widen in shock—or happiness coughs. His nose tip is on my nose bridge and his lips are on my cupid's bow.

DHIWUSBSHSYWYDHGSGSJIEHSJSJDK

I try to break free from his hug by slightly moving to the side, getting at least my face away from him first. But as I grab his hand to release it from my shoulder, he pulls me even closer aka back to the touching-each-other's-face.

I gulp. This is why a single girl should never sleep with a single guy.

Suddenly, his phone rings. It's probably an alarm because I don't hear his usual ringtone.

He seems to be about to open his eyes.

What should I do what should I do what should I do what should I do what should I do?

I immediately close my eyes hoping it'll be less awkward.

---

I can feel that he slightly opens his mouth—not like he wants to do something weird but he probably gasps, but only a little bit. I should "wake up" on this.

I slowly open my eyes.

I do the same routine I did earlier. I widen my eyes in shock—it's not hard to repeat that because nobody will ever not get shocked every time they wake up on this.

He pulls his face away a bit, then gently pulls both of his hands on my back and the front of my shoulders to him.

He gulps. "Did... did I do something I shouldn't last night?" He asks.

I start blinking quickly, totally not sure with what to say. I peek at my clothes and his clothes; everything is still in their initial condition. We're safe. It's likely good if he doesn't remember any of that, I think.

I push myself to sit on the bed then immediately get off of it. "I have to pack some stuff." I rush to my room.

---

Our agenda today is only to go back home.

There's also a breakfast time but I didn't want to see him at all, including the time when we have to get on the bus later. So I decided to get on it by myself first before the others.

I told the driver that I didn't have a good sleep last night, that's why I wanted to immediately sleep inside the bus. I added that it's better than bothering everyone to find me—if I fall asleep somewhere later when I should get on the bus instead.

Besides, I wasn't completely lying.

---

I start feeling something heavy on my head.

So I was sleeping on someone else's shoulder while that someone was also sleeping on the side of my head.

I take a look at the hands.

I purse my lips as I recognize the nails. The only man standing I know that has such pretty and shiny nails is called He Changxi.

---

I don't have the gut to wake him up until suddenly, he moves his head and hurts me in the process.

"Oww!" I try not to sound too loud and draw too many attentions.

He has only one earring on his left ear, which is currently stuck with my hair.

"Uh, sorry.." He starts pulling his head away as slow as possible, while I twitch my face because it still hurts no matter what.

---

I shift my eyes to the window; I'm trying to find anything to distract me on the whole way. How am I supposed to interact with him after waking up to that in his room?

"Do you feel hurt somewhere?"

"Uhm, nope." I clear my throat. "My hair is fine." I'm still looking at the window.

"No, I mean, from last night."

I crinkle my forehead and quickly turn to him. I'm taken aback. "What are you talking about?" He surely has some wild imagination.

"Listen, we did nothing, I swear." I sigh then start talking in a very low volume. "Other than you put your face on my neck then when I woke up... it's on my face." I sound like I mumble to myself.

"Huh?"

"I said, nothing. This talk is over."

"I just... I want you to know that whatever happened, I'm really sorry."

"By the way, I bought this at the hotel." He takes out two chocolate bread from his jacket and hands one to me.

"You didn't eat breakfast too?"

"How could I do that? I mean, your room was locked and I figured that you've checked out earlier than everyone."

"So you're looking for me."

"If you feel like telling me everything later, just tell me."

He's putting it like he really did something terrible to me. It makes me start doubting... myself.

Should I feel wronged? Am I way too cheap that I'm not mad with him for asking me to lay beside him last night?

---

All of a sudden, my brother video calls me, breaking the actually-short-but-feels-like-long awkward silence between me and Xixi.

"What is it." I answer it.

"JIEE!" He grins so widely that I can't help but mimic him by slightly letting out a smile.

"What time will you arrive at home?"

"I don't know. Maybe, in 1 or 2 hours."

"The auntie is too chill I actually miss your loud annoying grumbles, jie."

I press my lips. "What kind of ty statement is that? Is that supposed to be a compliment?"

"How dare you say a bad word, jie..." He furrows his eyebrows. "Where is Xixi gege? Is he not around?"

I turn to Xixi. I realize that he's been staring at us video-calling each other, but he doesn't say a thing.

I put the phone in front of him.

"Ge!" My brother squeals. "Have you been watching my jiejie properly these days?"

"I guess." Xixi smiles a bit.

"You hit her every time she said any bad word?"

"I did."

"Then hit her again! She just said it to me, an underage!!"

Xixi only subtly chuckles to that.

Ok, that scares me a bit.

I take the phone and put it back in front of my face. "Gege is tired. Let's talk again later, ok? Love you, Baobao. Bye-Bye!"

I hang up.