Day 8

Nine Days to Remember (Jeon Jungkook x reader)

The smell of japchae tickled my nostrils as I awoke. A second, slightly more familiar scent, seemed to dissipate and slip from my -newly awaken- acute sense of smell by each second that passed. My body, slightly tensing up from the fresh pillow below my cheek, curled up even more as the lingering coldness of the room slipped across my goose bump-covered flesh. I my side, clinging onto the fabric of my onesie which was the only barrier my bare skin had against the freezing cave I resided in.

My whole body was sent in a vigorous tremor as an intense shiver crawled up my spine. I hissed, opening my eyes slightly and rubbing my arms up and down.

However, in a blink of an eye, a larger form was at my side -or literally on top of me-. The warmth of the newcomer sipped through the fabric and onto my skin, gently making its way to my core and seemingly my bones as well.

The smell which had almost vanished a couple seconds ago was now omnipresent -for my greatest delight. I hummed in content, tugging at the loose fabric of the shirt falling on my chest. My hands roamed across the soft cotton, feeling a firm torso displayed under it. I felt Kookie sprawl himself onto the bed, though his delicate movements made me realise that he was looking for a position that would not put his full weight on me. I s my arms around his shoulders, pulling him closer to me in an attempt to absorb his heavenly calefaction. His chest shook deeply as he chuckled. I closed my eyes, burying my face into his neck.

“Well, good-morning to you too.” He murmured, his breath fanning across my ears, making a second shiver appear, though this time it cascaded down my back.

I sunk deeper into the crook of his neck, allowing my lips to peck a spot on his skin beneath his jawline.

“Morning.” I whispered, earning a growl from Kookie as I kissed the lobe of his ear.

We stayed silent for a minute while I ran my fingers through his hair, careful not to caress his cat-ears too much though I had enjoyed seeing his bashful features last time. His arms tensed up around me at each of my fingertips across his cheeks while he deeply exhaled.

He started to lift himself up on his elbows, “(Y/N), you know how much I love holding you but if I don’t want to start a fire I should really go back to the kitchen.”

I whined as his warmth left my body and we both sat up on the bed. I scrunched up my nose as I sniffed the air.

“Do you smell that?” I asked, unable to keep the corners of my mouth from stretching upwards.

Kookie’s cat-ears extended fully as he took a long intake of breath through his nose. His brows furrowed as he looked at me, “What is it?”

I grabbed his left hand and he jumped slightly when I placed it where my heart is, “The smell of my burning heart.”

His cheeks caught on fire, “I-I um, should really get back t-to the um- kitchen.”

I smiled, squeezing his hand before positioning it back at his side.

He stood up, “You should take a shower.” I cocked my head to the side, and his eyes widened “To um- warm yourself up and uh...” He gestured frantically around himself, chattering his teeth and rubbing his own arms to act like someone who was cold.

“Kookie,” he stopped, looking at me, “japchae.”

He nodded, excused himself and then left. I chuckled to myself while shaking my head.

This is going to be a good day.

When my clean and comfortably dressed -by that I mean a warm sweater and whatever pants I could find that was not formal- form walked into the kitchen this morning, I was met with a nicely dressed table. A simple dark red cloth adorned the square-framed piece of furniture and two similar-looking place mats faced each other. Kookie stood with his back turned to me, washing the dishes while humming to himself. Though I did not recognise what the song was, I could hear the words more distinctively as I got closer to him.

“You are the cause of my euphoria.” He sang.

His voice became louder as he performed a high note and probably because he was lost in the song as well.

I unfroze from my awe-stricken spot when his voice quieted down. His hands brushed against the towel he held in his hands. He neatly folded it back onto the counter when he was done drying the droplets that had gathered upon his palms.

I hurried to his side before he could turn around, crashing somewhat violently against his back as I hugged his waist from behind.

“That was beautiful Kookie.” I huffed between his shoulder blades, having knocked all the air out of my lungs.

“Ah it's just a song I made up, it's nothing really.”

He wrapped his fingers around my forearms and slid them down to my hands. Then, he brushed his thumb slowly on the back of my palm.

I squeezed harder on his waist, “Shush, your voice is beautiful and so is this song.”

He gripped my hands and untangled my arms from their lacing grip. He turned around, facing me, “It was made for someone special.” His hands wrapped around my waist and he nodded towards the table, “So is this.”

I threw my arms around his neck and -once more- crushed him with my entire body, “Thank you, Kookie!”

We ate until our bellies were on the verge of exploding. The sun began to rise high up in the sky.

“Aah Kookie, where did you learn to cook? This was so good!” I said, stretching slightly but regretting it afterwards as my filled-up stomach cramped up.

He only smiled down at me from the opposite counter as I had decided to wash the dishes for him.

“(Y/N), there is something I want to do.”

I placed my glass back into the cupboard and turned to him, “Sure, Kookie, what is it?” Though, before he could answer, I bit my lip and smiled, “Do you want me to kick your at videogames a second time?”

I laughed as he shook his head, “No, I don’t want to be against my Partner…” He trailed off, staring deeply into my eyes with his dark-brown irises. Slight glitters of gold reflected in his irises as they speckled the dusty sunlight sipping through the window. I felt my mouth stand ajar at his angelic features. “It’s something I want to do with you.”

I closed my mouth. I furrowed my eyebrows at him and then wiggled them.

He coughed, his eyes widening, “No, not like that!” He hid his features behind his palms.

“I’m only joking, Kookie.” I wrapped my hand around his upper arm, “What is it?”

“There is this place I went to a lot when I was a cat, it helped me think about where I was at in life, how I was doing in my quest to find my Partner…” He looked off into the distance, “But it also helped me relax.”

“You want us to go to your secret garden?” His eyes narrowed at me. Though, when he realised that I was seriously considering his invitation, his form softened. My lips pressed into a thin line. I gripped my own upper arm and looked up at him in concern, “Are you sure you’re okay with me being there?”

His right hand clutched into a fist as he placed it on his hip, “What do you mean, (Y/N)? There is no one else I’d rather share this than with you.” He took me in his arms and hugged me. His fingers started to rub circles across my back.

Kookie pressed a kiss on my forehead and stopped his massage on my back. He took a step backwards, still holding onto my forearms.

He grinned devilishly down at me, “However, I want it to be a surprise. So…” He trailed off once more and I took the hint.

“Fine,” I huffed, exhaling more air than my lungs could contain in fake-exasperation, “you’ll be my guide.”

Kookie’s bright smile illuminated his already-vibrant features. “It will help you digest. Plus, it is a short trip, I promise.” He said, cupping my cheeks.

Liar.

It took about an hour to get there. Although Kookie was adamant on the fact that even in his cat form and under a heavy downpour this adventure usually only took him fifteen minutes, my blinded-self appeared boldly set on running into most obstacles displayed on our path.

“Liar, liar, liar.” I chanted as he guided my every step.

He pushed me forwards a bit forcefully and I tripped over my own feet. Two arms repositioned my shaken form in a steady position, “Shush, now don’t move.”

I whined slightly but did as I was told when I felt the fabric around my eyes loosen up.

“Here we are.”

Before me stood an undisciplined cluster of metallic tiles. The Sun's light hit the material with full force and was sent back into its direction with a similar momentum. Some holes seemed to appear on the roof-like covering. The cold air of a September ending sharply differed with the warmth which seemed to emanate from the interior of the steel carcass. My admiration-fit was short-lived as Kookie suddenly intertwined his fingers with mine. He dragged me inside the monument and took a step aside as I, once more, admired the architecture of the impossible construction.

I approached the middle of the room, taking in the unthinkable fairy-tale like atmosphere of the time-devoured structure.

“(Y/N).” I pivoted on my heels at the sound of my name. Expectant dark-brown irises gazed back at me.

Kookie extended his right hand, “May I have this dance?”

I pushed away the acknowledgement of my terrible dancing skills in the back of my thoughts, knowing that it probably would not stop him from getting what he wanted.

“No music?” I inquired.

He smiled at me but did not answer.

He guided my hands towards his shoulders, grinning at me as he trailed his to my waist.

“Tell me if you feel uncomfortable at any point.” He spoke softly, cocking his head to the side.

He started to lead the way, accomplishing each step with feline precision and avoiding my misplaced feet as he guided my waist with his hands. In a few short seconds, I realised that no music was needed for our dancing feet and the clicking of our heels against the somewhat glossy-tiled floor were a music of their own.

Slow and lumbering at first, Kookie and I soon became more confident in our bond. His palms left my waist, grabbing my hands which had slid to the crook of his neck and made me waltz around the room. Our similar mind sets made it easy and highly enjoyable to move around the room in an orderly manner.

I felt as one with him.

The Moon accompanied us all the way back to our home, Kookie told me, as I had been blindfolded a second time.

When we neared the apartment, Kookie took the blindfold off of me. I was expecting to be blinded, however, I was only met with the soft light above our front door.

The following hour passed in a blur. This feeling may have been the result of Kookie's expertly swift dancing around the kitchen as he prepared the second meal of the day.

My consciousness wrapped a haze of blurry thoughts around itself; as if questioning anything as not up to my own mind at the moment.

When he was done, my sweet lover called me over.

My nose was instantly attacked by a wave of bibimbap scent.

“I know it’s pretty simple but you told me it was your favourite, so I thought it would be appropriate to cook some.” His cat-ears stood up, his attention fully on me as he waited for my reaction.

“Kookie, it’s perfect, I love it.” I hoped the genuineness of my feelings shone through my eyes as my tired voice faltered slightly.

He grinned brightly, resting his hands on the back of my chair. He pushed it closer to the table while I sat down. I thanked him.

As he had the first time we had eaten together, Kookie expertly slipped his spoon under the egg that rested on top of the chicken, rice and vegetables-filled cauldron. I approached my bowl and he gently let it slip inside it.

As I took the first bite, I moaned in content, not really caring that my tongue slightly burned at the contact of the hot food.

“Kookie, this is so good.” I rested my elbow on the table and glared at him playfully, “Why don’t you cook more for me?”

“Ah,” he sighed, looking to the -now- shining-clean sink, “it’s just too much work, isn’t it?”

I laughed at his remark, understanding perfectly the struggle of a painstakingly slow process such as cooking; especially with all the spices he must have used for it to end up so fine.

We went to bed, exhausted and content of the day we had spent. We both vocalised our wish to spend many more like this. We linked our lips, lacing both our souls with the ribbon of comfort and love.

 

/!\ PLEASE READ BEFORE MOVING ON TO THE NEXT CHAPTER /!\

 

Hello dear readers!

Alright so, I've reached a certain point in this story where I know exactly how I want it to end (you may have noticed that the next chapter will be the last).

Since the beginning, I wanted this to be nothing but a crowd-pleasure, and I hope I somehow succeeded in doing that!
However, I have realised that writting such a long story (it may not be super long for you but writing it has taken me ages, haha!) would not enable me to end it happily and all lovey-dovey.
I have been noticing some kind of recurring common thread all throughout my writing journey for this story; this means that I may have subconsciously lead the characters exactly where my brain usually goes when I write, and for people who have read my other works, I don't really do many "Happy endings".

 

-> The next chapter will be intensely emotional. There is going to be a clean-cut between my writing style then and what it has been until now.

 

I don't expect all of you to like it and I sure don't want you all to go through an emotional breakdown after reading this next chapter so please, if you are sensitive or came here for a sweet romance only, please stop reading here.

I wish all of you a great day and an amazing 2019!

And for those who will stick with me until the end of this book...

Oh boy...