the girl who joked

of spells and potions

Chaewon remembers how her term break was that year, with her mother initially scolding her, but praising her when she learnt that Chaewon used something she taught her. 

When Chaewon told her why she did it, Taeyeon was full of praise, much to the dismay of Eunbi. 

("You're not supposed to be happy about this?!" Eunbi scolded her mother, who just shrugged, "Any mother would be happy their daughter used a spell they taught!" 

"Not if it's a jinx!" Eunbi shook her head and gave up.)

"Earth to Chaewon?" Yujin asks, waving her hand in front of Chaewon's face, "Did your mind go back to when we were 7?" 

"No, I was just thinking about my second year," Chaewon replied, pushing Yujin's hand away. 

"Oh, the year where you jinxed that guy? Now that was quite the story," Yujin sighs dramatically, "If only I was there to experience how cool you looked, even though you're anything but." 

Minju has a small smile on her face when she asks, "Whatever happened to him anyway? I barely even saw him after that incident..." 

"He took a leave of absence for a year, apparently. I saw him at the Slytherin quidditch trials this year, but other than that, I haven't seen him either, and I'm the one in Slytherin," Chaewon shrugs and remembers the said quidditch trial. 

-

Chaewon wasn't even planning on joining the team, she just accompanied her favourite housemate because she seemed really eager, but also because she needed a peptalk. 

"Do you think I'll make it?" Siyeon asked, clutching her Firebolt Supreme, "I know I'll definitely be the best fourth year here, but there are so many good seniors, and I'm trying for seeker, which is probably the most competitive..." 

Chaewon stared at her incredulously, "Wow, where's the confident snarky girl I know?" 

They entered the quidditch pitch, and Chaewon realised that there were a few people in the stands, and one girl, in particular, stood out to her. 

"Ah, so that's why you're so nervous," Chaewon teased, "Your favourite 5th year senior is here to see you." 

Siyeon rolled her eyes, "Eunwoo and I are just friends and you know it, Chaewon." 

"Riiiight," Chaewon retorted and was about to head to the stands when the Quidditch captain, a girl called Kyungwon gestured for the both of them to go toward her. 

"Tryouts this way, girls," she said. 

"Oh, no no, I'm not trying out," Chaewon held her hands in front of her, trying to gesture that she wasn't participating. 

"Yeah, of course she isn't. Look at her, I doubt she'd be able to do well in any position," Chaewon heard a familiar voice and turned to the boy she jinxed the previous year. 

"Hey hey, let's not have any fights before we even start, Jisung," Kyungwon tried to stop them, but Chaewon walked closer to Jisung. 

"Well well well, if it isn't Mr 'My father is an auror and can kick your mom out of the ministry'," Chaewon laughed, "My mom's still at her job after two years, I'm still here too." 

"Okay that's enough," Kyungwon said sternly, "So you aren't trying out then, Chaewon?" 

Jisung had the smuggest face, and Chaewon was so determined to wipe it off. 

"You know what? I am," she said confidently, "Oh, but I'm gonna need to borrow a broomstick." 

Jisung was shocked, and so was Siyeon, because she asked Chaewon to join with her before and all Chaewon said was that it took up too much time. 

"Oh, yeah sure. We've got some in the store I think, I'll go get one for you!" Kyungwon hurried off and came back a few minutes after with a Nimbus 2001. 

"Sorry, I know it's not the best broomstick, but it's the best one we've got," Kyungwon handed it to Chaewon, who accepted it. 

Kyungwon clapped her hands, "Okay! Gather round! So we'll have two parts to the trial - the flying test, then a mock game." 

When everyone was quiet and listening, she continued, "So we've got 3 people for Seeker, 5 for Chasers, 4 for Beaters, 1 for Keeper... Oh wait, Chaewon, you didn't tell me what role you were trying for." 

Jisung snorted, "She should try out for 'fan', since that's probably all she can be." 

Chaewon looked at him, then looked back at Kyungwon and smirked, "I'll try for Keeper." 

Jisung laughed, "As if a puny brat like you could be a keeper. I doubt you can even fly." 

The flying test involved a set of hoops in zig-zag formations that'd test how well a person could navigate, and Jisung was proven terribly wrong when Chaewon almost got a perfect score. 

He, having been a keeper for 3 years, scored perfectly on the flying test. 

The first trial ended, and Kyungwon gathered them around her again. 

"So far, everyone has passed, some with flying colours," she nodded at Siyeon, who got a perfect score, "Now, I'll have to split all of you into teams... Oh it's almost perfect, just need one more Chaser. Any seekers want to try being a chaser?" 

A hand shot up, "Eh, I'll try being a chaser this year," a girl with long, jet-black hair said. 

Everyone was slightly shocked, because she was Slytherin's star seeker. 

"Really? You, Minkyung?" Kyungwon wasn't an exception. 

"What? I can't always be a seeker, especially if we're graduating soon, Kyungwon," she laughed. 

Chaewon swore Kyungwon's face turned a little red, but stopped thinking about it when she realised she was going to directly oppose Jisung. 

Oh, how she was going to shut him up again, and not with a jinx this time. 

"Alright, everyone to their positions," Kyungwon said, and everyone flew up, getting ready for her to release the 4 balls. 

Chaewon knew quite a few people in her team - Siyeon was the seeker, Minkyung and this new first year called Wonyoung (whom Chaewon thought was pretty cool) were chasers. 

Chaewon has watched quite a number of Quidditch matches before and used to always play 'air soccer' with Eunbi, Minju and Yujin, where two of them would team up and try to pass a soccer ball through the other team's hoops, so Chaewon expected being a keeper to be the same. 

What she didn't expect though, was how heavy the quaffle was. 

She didn't put enough force into the first quaffle she blocked, so she was thrown back quite the distance, but she quickly regained control of her broom, and went back to guarding the goal posts. 

Jisung on the other hand, seemed to be blocking all the quaffles easily, and yawned on his broomstick, seemingly bored. 

Chaewon overheard Minkyung saying something along the lines of "arrogant bastard" when she flew by with the quaffle in hand, and was so glad that she wasn't the only one who didn't like him. 

She observes the game, and sees Minkyung passing the quaffle to Wonyoung, who looked like she was about to throw it in, but passed to Minkyung at the last minute. 

Jisung couldn't make it in time to the left post, so Minkyung shot the quaffle in with ease. 

Chaewon tried concentrating on the opposing team's chasers, but something zipped past her, and she only realised after that it was the snitch. 

Soon after the snitch, Siyeon also passed by her with speed Chaewon has never seen. 

'Wow, so that's the speed of a firebold supreme,' she thought, before turning her attention back to the opponent chasers. 

Except she couldn't see where the quaffle was anymore. 

Her eyes shot around, frantically looking for where it was, and she finally spotted Wonyoung intercepting two opponent chasers. 

Damn. That first year was good.  

She continued observing the quaffle, but it was shortlived, because Kyungwon announced that her team had won. 

"Wait what?" she said out loud, then looked at a girl, proudly holding the snitch, "She did it after all," she chuckled. 

As she descended, she saw Jisung's look of aloofness, and sighed, because she was sure he blocked more shots than she did, which mean she probably wouldn't make the team. 

(Not that she really wanted to, she just liked putting the guy in his place) 

Kyungwon appeared with a piece of paper, which she stapled to one of the boards, "The results are here, so please take a look and see if you made it, and what position you'll be playing! Names in bold mean they're in the main team, and the non-bolded ones are the subs!" 

Siyeon held Chaewon's hand and dragged her to the board, where she scanned the list for her name. 

Chaewon's finger followed the list under "main team" down to keeper, where her name was there in bold. 

"Am I blind, or... did I make it?" she muttered under her breath, but Siyeon heard her. 

"You did! And... so did I! I managed to make it as a seeker!!!" Siyeon jumped up and down. 

"H-how....?" Chaewon was confused because she knows Jisung blocked more shots. 

Jisung had the exact same thought, and he brought it up to Kyungwon. 

"This makes no sense at all, Kyungwon," he said angrily, "I'm the better keeper, and you know it!" 

"Technically, yeah, maybe," Kyungwon didn't back down, "But think about it Jisung, you've been keeper for so many years. It's time to let the next generation take over." 

"You're making a mistake. Slytherin won't win without me!" 

Chaewon inadvertently snorted, "That's what you told Professor McGonagall but we still won that year." 

"I'm not talking to you," he spat.

Minkyung appeared from behind him and said, "Obviously you have problems working in a team, so this is definitely for the best, Jisung. Just accept that you won't be in the main team this year." 

Jisung clenched his fist and held back a threat, "Fine. We'll see how well Slytherin does this year then," he turned around and walked away. 

Minkyung turned to the two new additions to the team, "So... you're the girl who jinxed him, right?" she asked Chaewon, who's face turned red.

"Y-yeah..." she said nervously. Jinxing a senior isn't exactly the best reputation a person could have. 

Minkyung slapped her on the back pretty hard, laughing, "Thank you for doing what everyone in this team has wanted to do for the longest time." 

A pause.

"Huh?" Chaewon's jaw dropped, "Really?" 

Kyungwon laughed, "Yeah. He's technically really skilled and no one has been trying for keeper in the past two years because of that. But god, we really wanted to get rid of him." 

Chaewon must've made a face, because Kyungwon immediately said, "Of course, I don't mean that you got in only because we were trying to get rid of him, you know! You're really good for someone who has no prior experience!" 

Chaewon nodded, "Thanks... I'll do my best!" 

Siyeon and Chaewon both bowed, then walked towards the exit of the pitch. 

"Hey, isn't that your friend?" Siyeon asked Chaewon, pointing to a tall girl who was looking at their direction. 

Yujin?

Chaewon didn't mention anything about trying out, so why was Yujin here? 

Siyeon waved a bye to Chaewon, before leaving for her next class. 

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Yujin jumped, obviously not expecting to see Chaewon. 

"O-oh, uh. I was passing by?" Yujin lied. 

"Right, because the quidditch pitch is somewhere you often pass by," Chaewon rolled her eyes, "You're here for someone. The question is..." Chaewon leaned in closer to spook Yujin, "who?" 

"No one important!" Yujin immediately defended herself, "Just... a friend." 

"A friend that neither Minju nor I know? And to top it off, she's a Slytherin? Hmm, this smells fishy," Chaewon arched an eyebrow. 

"Really, it's no on-" 

"Yujin!!!" a girl called from afar and Chaewon smirked. 

"Ah, Wonyoung!" Yujin immediately broke into a wide smile Chaewon had never seen. 

"I see," Chaewon said, then patted Yujin on the back, "Good luck, but also I'm expecting you to tell Minju and I everything," she put emphasis on the last word. 

Yujin didn't tell the two girls anything. Instead, she brought Wonyoung to one of their weekly meetings near the lake. 

"Oh?" Minju tilted her head to the side when Yujin approached with a girl as tall as her, "And who might that be?" 

"Oh it's Wonyoung!" Chaewon waved and Wonyoung smiled and excitedly waved back. 

"You know her?" Minju turned to Chaewon, who shrugged.

"Kinda? She's also on the Quidditch team. She's a first year without any prior flying experience before Hogwarts. Amazing right? Not to mention how gorgeous she is on top of that," Chaewon said, not noticing the pout that slowly appeared on Minju's face. 

"I could be as amazing if I wanted to," Minju muttered to herself.

Chaewon hummed, "Did you say something?" 

"No," Minju dropped the subject just as Yujin and Wonyoung arrived. 

"Hey guys!" Yujin plopped down on the grass, sitting cross-legged opposite Minju. Wonyoung also sat down such that the four of them ended up sitting in a small circle. 

"Hello!" Wonyoung matched Yujin's high energy. 

"This is Wonyoung," Yujin introduced the girl to her friends, then turned to Wonyoung, "and you already know Chaewon, but this is Minju, my other best friend!" 

Wonyoung bowed her head slightly at Minju and put her hand out for a handshake, "Hello! I'm a Slytherin first year." She wore the brightest smile.

'Okay, maybe Chaewon was right. This girl is pretty dazzling,' Minju thought.

"So..." Chaewon trailed, "How did the two of you get to know each other?" 

"Well..." 

-

Yujin was feeling bored. Both Minju and Chaewon left for Hogwarts already, which meant she had no one to bother.

She could bother her father, but she didn't want to get her playing rights revoked, so she wasn't going to do that. 

She decided to go to the playground nearby, hoping she'd be lucky enough to find a new playmate, muggle or not. 

"Yes!" she exclaimed when she saw another figure swinging on the swings. 

When she got closer, she realised the girl was wiping away at her eyes. 

'Is she crying?' Yujin thought to herself, slowing her approach. 

Yujin ended up deciding to play at the playground alone, not wanting to bother the girl. 

It was only when the girl stopped wiping her eyes that Yujin approached her. 

"Hello!" Yujin exclaimed.

Wonyoung was afraid she was going to ask her why she was crying, but to her surprise, Yujin instead asked, "Do you wanna play together?"  

They played on the swings first, trying to see who could swing higher without getting scared. 

Yujin was winning until she lost grip of the rope, flying out and falling to the ground face down. 

Wonyoung ran towards Yujin to make sure she was okay. 

Yujin got hurt a lot before, especially when she and Chaewon took their little fights a bit too seriously, so this was nothing to her. 

Seeing Wonyoung so worried made her want to play around though, so she clutched onto her forehead, feigning pain. 

"I think I might have to go to the hospital," Yujin included some coughs in between, to scare Wonyoung. 

Wonyoung looked so panicked Yujin wanted to laugh, but she kept at the act to see what the girl would do next.

Wonyoung ran to her bag and took out a first aid kit, rummaging through it to find something that could ease Yujin's pain. 

Yujin was slightly concerned that the girl had a first aid kit so readily available and it was only then that she noticed the small bruises on the girl. 

She wanted to ask her about it, but she decided against it. They weren't close, it would be rude. 

She would just focus on making the girl laugh for now.

Yujin decided to drop the act so Wonyoung would stop worrying so she told Wonyoung, "I'm fine, I was just playing," expecting Wonyoung to burst into tears. 

Instead, Wonyoung hit her shoulder repeatedly, "You can't play around when it comes to these things!" 

"Okay, okay, sorry!" Yujin apologised, "Let's play on the playground next?" 

Wonyoung pouted, but continued playing with Yujin. 

-

Yujin found herself looking forward to wednesdays and fridays because they decided to meet and play at the playground during those days. 

As the months passed, Yujin noticed the bruises getting worse. 

So after 4 months, she finally asked Wonyoung when they were playing on the swings on a particular wednesday. 

"Wonyoung..." Yujin didn't have her usual cheerful tone. 

"You're going to ask about these, right?" Wonyoung pointed to the big bruise on her left arm. 

"You knew?" 

"I was just waiting for it," Wonyoung had a soft smile. 

Yujin stood up from her swing and faced Wonyoung.

"Who's doing this to you? Why are they doing this? I'll fight them. Only I'm allowed to bully you!" Yujin's volume increased towards the end. 

"I don't want to tell you, Yujin. You'll stop playing with me," Wonyoung looked at the floor. 

"I won't," Yujin had her serious face on, then it changed to a playful smile, "Unless you're a murderer then maybe I'll stop playing with you for two weeks." 

Wonyoung chuckled at her words, which made Yujin smile. 

"I mean it, though. You can tell me anything, Wonyoung," Yujin patted Wonyoung on the head. 

Wonyoung looked at Yujin, who had the most genuine smile ever and she decided to just come out with it. 

"The guys in my class think I'm a freak," Wonyoung sighed. 

"A freak? Freaking gorgeous, yeah!" Yujin joked and Wonyoung smiled. 

"Not that, dummy. A ball almost hit me during physical education class once, but it stopped right before it hit my face and it just fell to the ground," Wonyoung glanced at Yujin to check her reaction. 

Yujin's eyes widened and Wonyoung expected her to run away, but she stayed. 

On the other hand, Yujin was waiting for Wonyoung to continue her story, but realised that was the end of it. 

"Wait. That's all? A ball didn't hit you and they called you a freak because of that?" Yujin found it incredulous. 

Wonyoung was perplexed at Yujin's reaction. Stopping a ball without lifting a finger isn't something normal, but she didn't seem bothered. 

"Y-yeah. Ever since then they've been throwing more and more things at me during class, wanting me to 'show my freak powers' again to prove to the class that I really am a freak." 

Yujin's eyes looked like they had fire in them, "And your teachers? Are they not doing anything about it?" 

Wonyoung looked back down and sighed, "I talked to them but the main guy is the principal's son so they can't do much about it." 

Yujin exhaled from her nose, "Do your parents know?" 

Wonyoung shook her head, "I told them they're bruises from dance class." 

"You dance?" Yujin was surprised, but that would certainly explain her reflexes, "Wait no, that's not the main point." 

Wonyoung was quiet for a while, then she asked, "Are you not freaked out?" 

"The only thing I'm freaked out about is how horrible muggle education is. I'm going to fight them," Yujin clenched her fist. 

"What education?" Wonyoung didn't know what the word meant. 

Yujin realised her mistake then and covered , "Oh, nothing." 

Wonyoung tilted her head in confusion, but decided that there were more important things to discuss.

"You can't fight them, Yujin," she said, "There are 7 guys and they're big and bulky." 

"Hmph!" Yujin crossed her arms, "I'll make them pay for what they did to you somehow." 

Wonyoung was already elated that Yujin didn't leave her and Yujin being so brave and angry for her only made her even happier.

(Her heart was also beating faster than usual, but she just attributed that to her joy) 

Yujin suddenly grabbed Wonyoung's shoulders and stared into Wonyoung's eyes.

"Right now, what's most important is that you know that you're not a freak and you will never be a freak to me." 

"Even if I'm actually a murderer?" Wonyoung joked. 

Yujin nodded, "Even if you're a murderer." 

Wonyoung laughed and Yujin found herself falling. 

-

Something must've happened, Wonyoung realised, because no one bothered her during the next week. 

Imagine the shock she had when Yujin appeared at the playground with bandages all over her body on wednesday. 

"What happened? Are you okay?" Wonyoung traced the bandages on Yujin's left arm. 

"I've been hurt way worse by one of my best friends, this is nothing," Yujin said, but flinched when Wonyoung touched a particular part of her arm. 

"You really went to fight them?" Wonyoung really didn't expect the girl to and she felt bad that she got so beat up. 

"I told you I'd get back at them," Yujin looked proud despite all the bandages that covered her. 

Wonyoung started to cry and Yujin was restless. Did she do something wrong? Did she cross a line? 

Yujin awkwardly hugged Wonyoung and said, "Please don't cry. I'll apologise for hurting them if you want, just don't cry?" 

"I'm crying because I'm happy, dummy," Wonyoung hiccuped in between her words, "You shouldn't have gotten yourself hurt for me." 

"Oh, phew I thought you were mad at me," Yujin heaved a sigh. 

"I'm still angry at you, but I'm more thankful than anything," Wonyoung hugged Yujin back, "Thank you."

Yujin smiled, "That's what friends are for." 

Wonyoung pulled away from the hug, "How did you get them to stop anyway? I'm sure beating them up wasn't enough. How did you even know who they were?" 

Yujin had a suspicious smile, "I have my ways," she gave Wonyoung a V-sign. 

There was no way Yujin could tell Wonyoung that she might've accidentally told her uncle about these boys and that he erased their memories of Wonyoung doing magic after she beat them up. 

Wonyoung squinted her eyes at Yujin, who shrugged with a smirk on her face. 

"Okay, now that the stupid classmates are dealt with," Yujin turned to Wonyoung, "Do your parents know about what you did during class?" 

"You mean me stopping the ball without touching it?" 

Yujin nodded. 

"No. I didn't want to tell them in case they decided that I was a freak too," Wonyoung sighed, "I don't want them to disown me." 

"I think you should, Wonyoung," Yujin her non-existent beard, "Maybe it's a special power or something your family has. Like Supergirl!" 

"I'm not an alien, dummy," Wonyoung sat down on the playground's stairs, then patted the space next to her, signalling Yujin to sit. 

Yujin sat down next to her, "I mean you never know, right? I'm sure your parents love you the way you are. I've broken approximately 17 expensive plates, got into more unnecessary fights than both my hands can count and spilled piping hot coffee on my father's boss before, but they still tolerate me!" 

Wonyoung hated how funny Yujin was without trying. She found herself laughing again. 

"Okay... maybe I'll talk to them about it soon. If I don't chicken out," Wonyoung thought for a while, then decided to ask Yujin, "Actually... do you mind being with me when I do?" 

"Me?!" Yujin didn't expect it and it showed on her face.

"If you're uncomfortable with it then it's alright. You don't have to do it," Wonyoung said, although she really wanted Yujin to accompany her. 

"I'll do it." Yujin determinedly said. 

-

And so she did. 

Instead of playing at the playground the next time they met, Yujin followed Wonyoung to her house.

It was a decent-sized house and Wonyoung's parents were very welcoming. 

"Oh, Wonyoung has never brought a friend home before! You are..?" her mother asked Yujin. 

"Ahn Yujin!" she gave Wonyoung's mother a 90 degree bow. 

"Oooh I like this one," Wonyoung's father said after seeing her bow. 

They ate dinner together before Wonyoung decided to tell her parents about it. 

"I actually asked Yujin to eat with us tonight because I wanted to tell you something," Wonyoung started hesitantly and Yujin held her hand. 

"What is it?" her mother asked while her eyes took a quick glance at their hands. 

"I..." Wonyoung opened then closed it almost immediately, "During PE, I... a ball almost hit me." 

Her father gasped, "Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere? Who did that? Did you go to the infirmary?" 

Yujin had to stifle a laugh. Her father reacted the exact same way her father first did when she got into a fight with Chaewon. 

"It didn't hit me," Wonyoung said, "I don't know why but it just stopped in mid-air before it hit me," she looked down, not wanting to see how her parents reacted. 

"Oh my god," both her parents stared at each other, then her mother said, "Could you excuse us for a while?"

Wonyoung broke down into tears the moment her parents left the room, "That's it, they're going to disown me." 

Yujin held her, "No they won't, I won't let them!" 

"You can't hurt my parents, Yujin, I won't forgive you." 

"I'm not going to!" 

When her parents came back to seeing Wonyoung crying, they hurriedly hugged her, "Oh my dear daughter, why are you crying?" her father soothed her back. 

"Aren't you going to disown me because I'm a freak?" 

"Disown you?! Darling, are you out of your mind?" Wonyoung's mother exclaimed. 

Her father laughed, "Going by that logic, I should've been disowned by my parents a long time ago." 

"Huh?" Wonyoung and Yujin said simultaneously. 

"I'm guessing you're here because you know what she is, Yujin," her father said to Yujin, who had an awkward smile. 

"What I am?" Wonyoung turned to Yujin. 

"Wonyoung, you're going to be shocked but you're not normal. Neither are you a freak, you're a witch," Wonyoung's mother told her. 

"I'm a what?" Wonyoung didn't get it. She was a witch? A broomstick-riding, pointed hat-wearing woman? That witch? 

"You can do magic," Yujin told her, "And... so can I, actually." 

"You knew?" Wonyoung looked slightly betrayed, "Is that why it didn't bother you that I made a ball stop in midair?" 

Yujin nodded slightly, "When we get really emotional or when we feel threatened, we sometimes accidentally use magic. I wasn't sure if that was the case for you, which is why I suggested telling your parents." 

"You know a lot about it, don't you, Yujin," her father said to Yujin, "As expected from an Ahn." 

Yujin scratched the back of her head sheepishly, "That's.. nothing." 

"Wait!" Wonyoung called for everyone's attention, "So you're telling me I can do magic? And I've never known till now?" 

Wonyoung's father sighed, "That's... partly my fault. I distanced myself from the wizarding world after marrying your mother. You didn't seem to show any signs of being a witch by age 8, which is why I thought you couldn't be one." 

"Okay so... you're a witch too? Or, I guess wizard?" 

Wonyoung's father nodded, "Yeah, but I haven't used magic in a long while. We've been living as muggles." 

"Muggle... I've heard that somewhere," Wonyoung wrecked her mind trying to remember, then turned to Yujin, "You said it before!" 

Yujin sheepishly laughed, "Yeah... Muggles are people who can't use magic." 

"I'm a muggle!" Wonyoung's mother told Wonyoung. 

"Okay... Okay! So... I'm a witch. I can do magic," Wonyoung confirmed with herself, "I can stop things in midair. Okay. That's fine." 

"Wonyoung?" Yujin hesitantly touched Wonyoung's shoulder. 

"Okay. I got it. So how do I control magic? Or does it just come up randomly, like when I'm emotional?" 

Wonyoung's father shook his head, "There's a school of magic you can go to. It's the best school, I was from there." 

"Hogwarts," Yujin followed, "School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. My friends are there." 

"Then why aren't you?" Wonyoung was getting increasingly confused with this magic world.

"I'm not of age yet. We get our letters when we're eleven." 

"So I'll get in... in two years?" Wonyoung counted with her fingers. 

(Yujin found it adorable but she wasn't going to say anything.) 

"Yeah, and I'll get in next year!" Yujin was excited to join her friends in Hogwarts.

Wonyoung's father nodded, "It's a really good school. If I knew you could do magic I would've taught you some things beforehand," he shook his head at himself. 

"But I guess it's a good thing that you found Yujin," her mother smiles, "At least you have a friend who can use magic now, and you'll have a friend in Hogwarts when you go!" 

Yujin's face brightened, "Yeah, I'll be with you!" 

Wonyoung thought about it and agreed, "Mm. Can you teach me more about the world of magic?" she asked Yujin. 

Yujin's face flushed, "O-of course!" 

-

"And ever since then we had mini magic tutoring sessions when we met," Yujin finished the story. 

Minju let out a long "oh" and Chaewon laughed. 

"How is it you taught her about our world of magic but she's a better flyer than you are?" 

"When I say I hate you, Chaewon, I mean it!" Yujin playfully hit Chaewon, who responded with a raised fist of her own. 

Wonyoung laughed along with them.

She's so glad she met Yujin. 


this was supposed to be 2kim but annyeongz remains so tragic irl i had to give them something here.

wrote this with little sleep again so all mistakes are mine. also iz*one wore hogwarts robes in their fansign today and that gave me x12 the motivation to write this. 

comments are greatly appreciated! 

(also... is it minju or minjoo can someone please enlighten me because i'm confused)