ONE

Is You

Chapter 1

 

Lights flashed brightly in the photo studio as a photographer took photos of his two models in front of him. Hendery and a female model were posing for a school uniform shoot. The two stood there smiling nicely at the camera as they modeled the newest release of some cute light blue school uniforms.


 

However despite this coming off as "light and fun," Hendery secretly hated everything about this photoshoot. He honestly hated modeling school uniforms because it reminded him of his days in high school, something he’d rather not remember. That wasn’t the only problem. Most photoshoots lasted a couple of hours, but because the model he was working with was new to the job she was incredibly nervous so the photos weren’t coming out to great. Plus the photographer was quite picky, so in the end, they had been shooting for hours on end that day.


 

It was not Hendery’s day today and he was honestly so done. He wasn’t one to make a big deal of something but he was about to make a deal of it. Hendery glanced to the girl and kinda glared at her, he didn't even really realize what he was doing, but he wasn't necessarily doing it on purpose. He watched as she awkwardly smiled at the camera and held her hand really stiff on her waist.


 

Seconds later the photographer yelled out to stop and Hendery realized it was probably because of him, but he didn’t care. He looked to the photographer and walked off the set signaling a break. He walked back to his staff and sat down in a chair grabbing his water to take a sip.


 

He watched as the female model slowly walked off the set getting stopped by the photographer. He could tell it wasn’t a pleasant conversation judging by the anger on the photographer's face. He kinda felt bad, but to be honest the overall photo shoot was too frustrating to care.


 

“You good Hendery?” Henderys manager and good friend Sicheng asked as he walked up from behind.


 

Hendery slowly cracked his neck as he glanced at Sicheng, “Tiring. When the hell are we going to be done? We’ve been here all day,” he said stretching out his arms.

 

 

“I’m sure soon. The dude can’t keep us here all day,” Sicheng said referring to the photographer, “Right, how are you holding up with the concept? You know the uniforms.”


 

Hendery rolled his eyes, “Was it really necessary to bring it up. You already know I hate this ,” He sighed as he flattened his uniform down.


 

“Sorry man, Just checking in,” Sicheng patted Hendery on the shoulder.


 

Hendery got up from his seat as the female model had walked away from the photographer. He fixed his uniform then walked over to the photographer himself. “Sir,” Hendery greeted with a bow, “How are things going?” Hendery smiled a sweet smile resulting in the photographer smiling back excitedly.


 

“Oh Hendery,” the photographer greeted back, “You’re doing amazing!”


 

“Then why are we still here?” Hendery smiled with his arms up in a shrug.


 

The photographer was slightly taken aback feeling a bit confused on how he should take Hendery, “Uh, well as you know the model you’re working with is a bit you know new to this, so-”


 

Hendery cut the other off, “Yes, but we’ve been shooting for hours and hours, don’t you think we should have a decent photo by now?” at this point the photographer probably wasn't taking Hendery's statement to well, but he honestly didn’t care, he was so done at this point. He wouldn’t even choose to work with such a picky photographer in the future, so he didn’t care how the photographer saw him anyway.


 

“Uh, yeah, um,” the photographer was confused and a bit nervous not sure how to react, “Well, why don’t we go for one more shoot, and I promise we’ll be done,” Hendery nodded in reply, then left with a smile.


 

The photoshoot went on for another half hour and was finally done at about midnight. They had been on set since 10 am that morning.


 

Hendery plopped down in the back seat of his van finally feeling at ease being out of the uniform and back into his normal clothes. Sicheng got into the seat next to him and handed him a new water bottle.  


 

Hendery grabbed the water bottle and downed it within a few minutes, “I’ve never gone off on a photographer like that before. Hopefully, he doesn’t spread rumors,” He laughed as he pulled out his phone.


 

“You better hope buddy,” Sicheng laughed, “All we need is a scandal. You’re doing really well right now, This photoshoot will for sure boost you as well.”


 

“Really? Well , maybe I shouldn’t have complained,” Hendery smiled as he scrolled on his phone.




 

The van pulled up to the dorms where most of the entertainments other models, idols, and some staff members stayed. It was a small apartment complex with about 8 apartments in it.


 

Sicheng got out of the van first helping Hendery with a few things as he got out after. The two waved driver goodnight, then went on up. Their places were on the top floor. There were three apartments on this floor. Hendery had his own, Sicheng stayed in the apartment next to his with some other staff, and across from both of theirs was an apartment that roomed an idol boy group from their company.

 

Hendery had recently gotten his own place because of how well he was doing. He was able to move out of an apartment on the 2nd floor where he was rooming with 3 other models at the time. Overall he had a good experience living with the others, an upside would be you wouldn't get lonely. However, he much enjoyed having his own place. 


 

Hendery and Sicheng nodded goodnight and went into their own places. It was always nice to come home to his own apartment not having to worry about waking up others or just interrupting general. It was mostly nice because he had the whole place to himself. Who wouldn’t want their own apartment?

 

However something was different that day, the lights were on. It wasn’t something he was too unfamiliar with, it happened a few times before since he had moved into this place on his own. Not too surprised he heard the shuffle of feet coming his way and within seconds he was held into an embrace.


 

It was one of the boys from the idol group from across the way, Xiaojun. Hendery smiled feeling the warmth of the smaller up against his body. He patted Xiaojun on the back and nodded, “Okay, Okay, that's enough,” Hendery tried to pry the other away from him.


 

“I missed you,” Xiaojun pouted into Henderys shirt.


 

“I’m sure you did,” Hendery finally pulled himself away. He held the other by the shoulders and smiled looking into his eyes, “Why are you here? You have your own schedules. You don’t need to waste your sleep waiting for me.”


 

Xiaojun shook his head, “I don’t care.”


 

“You should, especially now. Aren’t you preparing for a comeback soon?” Hendery asked then walked past Xiaojun to get to his living area. Hendery placed his stuff down on the couch then leaned down on the arm of the chair waiting for the other to reply. 


 

“I guess,” Xiaojun said then walked over toward Hendery, “But before I start getting really busy, what do you think about…going on a date?" he smirked, then laughed. He made it seem as though he wasn't serious, but deep down he really meant it. Well, he wanted to mean it, but he couldn't. He was afraid of rejection he knew that was coming, so in the end, he always made jokes hoping one-day Hendery will mean it back. 


 

Hendery laughed taking it as a joke and kinda went along with it at first “Wait you’re serious? For sure," he laughed even harder, then after a few seconds he calmed himself down, "This is a joke right?” 


 

“Of course I’m joking!” Xiaojun waved his hands in Hendry's face.  He sighed then walked over to the couch and plopped down, “I just meant we need to hang out before I get busy, I really do miss hanging out with you freely.”


 

“Yeah I know,” Hendery said stretching from his position, “I’ve been really busy as well. We’ll  have to see if we can work something out this week,” Hendery stood up, “But first,” he motioned Xiaojun to get up from his couch, “You need to go back to your dorm.”


 

Xiaojun got up quickly and pouted immediately, “I don’t want to. I don’t want to wake up the other members.”


 

Hendery ruffled Xiaojun’s hair, “What a considerate boy,” he laughed, Xiaojun took the compliment with a smile.


 

“Can I sleep here with you? I promise to be gone before you get up,” Xiaojun pleaded.


 

Hendery was iffy about it at first but the more he thought about it, it wasn’t that big of a deal. As far as he knew Xiaojun was still pretty free these days, and he wasn’t too worried. He was probably more concerned about Xiaojun than himself. “Fine, but are you sure you won't get in trouble?” Hendery asked to make sure.


 

Xiaojun hummed, “Maybe I will, maybe I won't.”


 

“I’m not letting you stay here if you think you’ll get in trouble.” It was a partial lie. In reality, Hendery had a soft spot for Xiaojun. He had a hard time saying no to him. In the end, Xiaojun was going to end up sleeping there no matter what. Xiaojun was one of the first people who befriended him when he first came to the company, and one of the only people that stayed his friend throughout the years. He was more than grateful to the other. 


 

“Don’t worry, I promise I won't get in trouble,” Xiaojun said taking a hold of Hendery’s arm.






 

Hendery threw some pajamas over to Xiaojun who was standing across his bedroom. The other smiled and quickly went to change.


 

The two got to bed quickly and due to the long day, Hendery had fallen asleep quite quickly. While sleep came slowly for Xiaojun. He’d be surprised if he could even get any shut-eye.


 

It had been a couple of years since Xiaojun and Hendery knew each other. They came into the company around the same time and originally Hendery was planning to debut in the group Xiaojun was in. However, that changed when new trainees were added. Hendery was eventually kicked out of the group. He had a decent size fanbase even before they debuted so the company wanted to keep him. They made him try to become an actor and he even worked in some movies, but after doing a random modeling gig he had hit big with that. In the end, the company made him do modeling and he has been incredibly successful since. Xiaojun always felt bad though because he knew Hendery never really had a choice in what he wanted to do. If he had, to be honest, he didn’t really know what he truly wanted to do anymore.


 

However training with Hendery did one thing dirty to Xiaojun, that was falling for him. What made things worse was the fact that he felt he had a better chance after Hendery was kicked off the group. Which was ty of him to think because of how heartbroken Hendery was at the time. There was no way they could’ve been something more if they were working together, at least that was his excuse at the time. He still felt he never had a chance, but here he was still in love with him.


 

Xiaojun turned to face Hendery who was fast asleep. He smiled as he looked at Hendery’s sleeping face. How he wished they could’ve been something more. He moved closer to the other and their faces were only inches away. And soon enough he somehow had fallen asleep. 



 

The next morning Hendery woke up and was pleased to see that Xiaojun was gone. He knew he could trust the other to be responsible. He got up and got ready for the rest of his day. He had to go to the company for a meeting and get a few things done.  

 

As he left his room and walked out to the kitchen he noticed something on the table. It was a muffin, and underneath it was a note from Xiaojun. I tried my best making this, I hope you like it. Hendery let out a laugh thinking how sweet it was of Xiaojun to do that. He remembered how Xiaojun had mentioned he had been practicing baking in his spare time lately. His day started off pretty well so far. 




 

Hendery walked into the meeting room and immediately made eye contact with Sicheng. He smiled at the other as Sicheng got up and rushed over to him grabbed him by the arm and pulled him down to his seat. He seemed nervous and worried which made Hendery feel a bit on edge.


 

“What’s wrong?” Hendery whispered as he looked around the room at other staff.


 

Sicheng pulled Hendery closer, “I think you’re in trouble. I overheard someone talking on the phone with the boss about the photographer, and how our company is trying to keep him quiet,” he said eyes widened.


 

Hendery furrowed his eyebrows, “, I say something once and suddenly I’m getting for it,” he said as he leaned back in his chair.


 

“Let's hope it's nothing,” Sicheng said as he turned away from Hendery back into a professional position.


 

Not much time passed and soon enough the big guy comes in, the boss. He does not seem happy, if anything he defiantly seemed angry, which was not a good sign. The boss slammed down some paperwork and Hendery closed his eyes wincing from the sound. He was ed.

 

“Well I was originally going to come in here and congratulate everyone for their hard work for yesterdays shoot, but I’ve come aware of a situation that occurred yesterday, and now I’ve come here to tell you, Hendery, that we don't know what’ll happen. We are very tied up at the moment but will try our best for the news about you from getting out. We don’t want people thinking you are stuck up, do we?” The boss smiled at Hendery, but he knew it wasn’t a genuine smile.


 

Some of the staff were confused about what he was talking about so he proceeded to explain what happened. What was sad was Hendery couldn’t even say why he did it, the reason. It was quite personal, and in reality, he didn’t have any say. The person you were working for was always right.


 

The staff mumbled things under their breath, most likely talking . Some of them confused why Hendery would’ve done that in the first place. He didn’t want the staff or anyone to see him as a stuck up guy who was just full of himself because of fame. That wasn’t him.


 

Hendery immediately stood up and did a perfect 90-degree bow and apologized sincerely, “I don’t know what got to me yesterday, but I promise I won't let it happen again,” he said still in a bow.


 

The boss let out a cough, then left the room. Everyone kinda went back to their own work, some taking in account of Hendery’s apology, while others didn’t really seem to care. Sicheng grabbed Hendery by the shoulders and stood him back up. He pressed his lip into a smile and patted Hendery on the back as a signal things would be okay.


 

The two walked out of the meeting room and walked to their seats in the office. Hendery looked for his schedule for the rest of the week. The rest of the day he had some lessons to attend. He noticed his weekend was pretty light, so he thought maybe he could make some time for Xiaojun then.


 

Suddenly he heard the ringer of Sichengs office phone go off. He didn’t think much of it until Sicheng had reached over and tapped on Hendery’s desk in excitement. Sicheng quickly hung up and gave Hendery a huge smile, “We got a job!”

 

Hendery’s eyes widened, it was always a great feeling when he got new modeling jobs to fulfill, “Really! When?”


 

“This Saturday, and it's for the cover of a magazine!” Sicheng said excitedly.


 

Both Hendery and Sicheng stood up in excitement and gave each other high fives as they jumped around. This was defiantly one of Hendery’s biggest jobs he had gotten for a while. After a few seconds, the two stopped realizing pretty much the whole office was staring at them.


 

“Well, for now, you should start heading to your lessons. They said they will email the details by tonight, so we’ll go through them and get prepared for the shoot the rest of the week.”


 

Hendery nodded, then went on his way. He was incredibly excited. He had been inside of magazines before, but never on the cover. This was big.

 


 

AN: Okay but I don't know why I see Xiaojun as Younger than Hendery when he's actually older. I mean not by much XD. Ten and Yangyang will be in the next chapter!

tumblr_pl7ads3uRD1v7pzc2o1_400.gif