「1」

Masquerade

“Hold it right there,” A security guard stood at the doors. “Do you have an invitational letter?”

“Of course,” A blonde lady said as she reached into her purse. “It’s right here,”

The lady lost her grip on the note and it fell to the floor sliding behind her.

“Excuse me,” The lady gave him a small smile as she turned and bent down to grab it making sure the man got a glimpse of her bottom. She glanced behind her and sure enough, the man was embellishing himself with the sight.

She picked it up and showed it to the man, but he was too distracted by the slight showing of her bosom and the previous appeal and easily let her through without noticing that the letter was poorly copied.

“If you’d like, you could come back out and keep me some company,” The man said after her in a suggestive tone.

“I’ll certainly think about it,” The lady giggled. She gave him one last little wink to keep her hypnotic hold against him until she was out of sight.

“Are you in?” A high voice came from her inner cartilage earring.

“Yes…” The woman replied in a soft voice after putting on a mask for the party. “Men are disgusting,”

“Yeah, but that just made infiltration better.” The girl said.

“I’m washing myself with holy water when I get back,” The woman quivered. “His gaze literally molested me, and now I feel gross.”

“Sinb, you’re literally there to kill someone, the holy water will probably reject you.” The girl replied.

“Might as well try, Eunha,” Sinb grumbled.

Sinb walked in the main ballroom and looked around—scanning the room for her target. Her eyes fell upon a girl in a beautiful white dress. The girl was wearing the most elegant mask painted in the most exquisite gold.

“Target spotted,” Sinb muttered. “Info needed.”

“Her name is Kim Yewon. She is the daughter of the CEO of Korpernation.” Eunha replied. “Our client is the CEO of a competing company and wants us to eliminate Yewon to intimidate the company and end their reign… Or so I’ve been told…”

“Yeah… there has to be more to this than just a rival company being jealous.” Sinb questioned. “Should I look into this?”

“We aren’t cops, it doesn’t matter if this is just a simple quarrel. We are given a job—where we can get money—and execute it.” Eunha said. “You aren’t having second thoughts, are you? I can send Yerin if you want to back out now.”

“No, I got this,” SInb growled.

Sinb waited for the perfect moment to strike. As Yewon grabbed her phone from her purse, Sinb walked up to her and bumped into her.

“Oh my god,” Sinb gasped. “I’m so sorry!”

Sinb turned around and crouched down to grab the phone just as Yewon reached down to grab her phone. Their hands touched momentarily before Yewon slightly pulled back and stood up. Sinb grabbed the phone and handed it to Yewon.

“Here you go,” Sinb said.  

“Thank you,” Yewon replied quietly. Yewon began to walk away.

“Wait, let me make it up to you,” Sinb said.

“There is no need, you merely just bumped into me,” Yewon said as she turned around.

“Well, I also did drop your phone,” Sinb said. “Also, you are quite stunning tonight, so I was wondering if you were interested in a drink or two.”

Yewon looked at the girl who fancied a suit with a vest. Her dress shirt was ed to slightly expose her dangerously alluring cleavage. She looked into the stranger’s face, only to admire the beautiful eyes behind the simple yet shining black mask.

“What is your name,” Yewon asked.

“Must you know? Wouldn’t that spoil the reason behind these masks?” Sinb replied.

“Do you know who I am?” Yewon asked. Everyone must know her, for she was the daughter of the biggest CEO in Korea.

“If I had to guess, I’d say your name is ‘Beautiful’,” Sinb replied.

“Smooth,” Eunha said in her ear.

Yewon seemed a little relieved to hear that Sinb didn’t know who she was. A lie fabricated by Sinb’s acting.

Yewon smiled. “Shall we get a drink?”

“Of course.” Sinb smiled back.

    

The two girls sat at a bar ordering numerous amounts of alcohol. Sinb grinning as she began to scheme. Sinb kept ordering more drinks, which she gave to Yewon as she continued to become more and more intoxicated.

“Are you sure you should be drinking so much?” Sinb teased.

“You’re the one giving me all these drinks.” Yewon’s words slurred.

“You’re drunk,” Sinb said.

“Yup…” Yewon yipped.

“It would be easy for someone to come and… pounce on you,” Sinb said.

“Yeah right, I might be drunk, but I can still protect myself,” Yewon said.

“What’s your plan now?” Eunha asked. “The ‘lure to bed’ plan?”

“Wouldn’t mind that,” Sinb said. “She’s not disgusting like that other man, so acting would be easy.”

“Hey, pretty girl,” Yewon grabbed Sinb’s face. “I like your suit.”

Sinb froze, though her job was to kill this girl, she couldn’t help but admit that Yewon was cute. She blushed a little bit from the sudden compliment.

“Thanks?” Sinb replied.

“What’s your name?” Yewon asked. “I want to know,”

“Don’t give her your real name,” Eunha said. “Even if she is drunk, we need to take some safety precautions.”

“What’s your name?” Sinb asked.

“You said it, it’s ‘Beautiful’,” Yewon replied with a soft laugh.

“That still stands, but what’s your real name?” Sinb said as she grabbed Yewon’s hips. “I want something to remember you by besides your face.”

“It’s Yewon. Kim Yewon.” Yewon replied, quite flustered.

“Pretty name,” Sinb said. “My name is Kwon Yuna.”

“You have a prettier name,” Yewon replied.

“You could say that, but you know where my name sounds best?” Sinb said.

“Where?” Yewon asked.

“In bed,” Sinb pulled Yewon closer. Their faces were barely an inch apart.

“I want to cut my ears off,” Eunha laughed.

Sinb ignored her. Once she got into Yewon’s room, it’d be easier to carry through with the assassination. With no one around to witness, it’d be easy to get away.

“So what do you say?” Sinb asked.

“As charming and hot as you may be, I’d have to say no.” Yewon leaned against her hand.

“Why not?” Sinb pressed on. “I’ll be even hotter in your room.”

“You tempting vixen.” Yewon laughed. “I don’t just let anyone into my room. Love is a subjective, fake thing. Especially yours.”

Sinb froze, was she found out. She scanned the room to see if there was anything offset--anyone who was watching her. No one.

“You only care about my face,” Yewon frowned. “Just like everyone else…”

Sinb sighed.

“Close call…” Eunha muttered.

“Isn’t that how everything starts?” Sinb asked. “You see something--someone--that catches your interest, and after time spent with it, you slowly come to realize you have created a feeling within you that sees the other more than what they first saw.”

“See, that’s fake!” Yewon exclaimed. “I warn you now. I know this is all fake. Turn back now--leave. You won’t win.”

Again Sinb felt chills. Yewon’s words were weirdly ominous and serious for a drunk girl.

“I’ll assure you, my feelings for you are not fake. In these numerous drinks, I think I have fallen for you at least a little bit.” Sinb’s words were alluring.

“Hm… maybe not…” Yewon yawned and soon she was asleep.

“God damn it,” Sinb breathed out. “She fell asleep at a bar! The most populated area in a party!”

“Shoot, that .” Eunha grimaced. “Maybe wait for her to wake up?”

“That would take a long time,” Sinb groaned. “She’s wasted. Maybe I can take her to a room and finish the job, and from then I can think of a story?”

“There’s so much security in every room and in every hall.” Eunha sighed. “They would get suspicious and there is also security in some of the bigger rooms with beds. The only way to get into a room alone was to do the y time with her and only then would she try to force the guards out of the room, as she can because she literally is the daughter of the biggest power in Korea. From then I could’ve set up a scene and framed someone... “

“…” Sinb said. “When is the deadline?”

“The client doesn’t really specify, but I’m guessing ASAP?” Eunha replied.

“Well, too bad, ‘ASAP’ is gonna be a while,” Sinb grumbled. “I might have to catch her off guard and then follow through.”

“Maybe I’ll start by taking her to a room and she’ll wake up and we can start the next day on a good note. Maybe she’ll befriend me and from there it’ll be easy.” Sinb muttered.

“I’ll add that to the plan. I’ll try to come back and set up an ‘Operation: Gay.’ pathway or something.” Eunha said.

“Why not ‘Operation: Friend’?” Sinb asked.

“Because you’ve already left your impression as a raging hot--in more ways than one--lesbian,” Eunha said matter-of-factly. “It’d be dumb to suddenly change your persona.”

“I guess,” Sinb said. “Well, I’m going to start phase one.”

Sinb got up and tipped the bartender.

“Thank you.” Sinb winked.

SInb hoisted Yewon in her arms in a bridal carry. It was easiest to hold her like this, and it wouldn’t flash any strangers behind her.

“Where is the nearest, least protected room?” Sinb asked.

“Exit the left doors and walk down the hall, take a right turn, and it’s the third door on the left.” A slightly deeper voice said.

“Yerin?” Sinb said in a confused tone. “Where did Eunha go?”

“Under me,” Yerin said suggestively. “She’s quite the feisty one if you know what I mean.”

“I AM NOT CONDUCTING ANY UAL ACTIVITY WITH YOU!” Eunha screamed in the background. “THE ONLY THING I ENJOY INSIDE ME IS FOOD! YOU COULDN’T DO ONE SIMPLE TASK WITHOUT MAKING IT SUGGESTIVE COULD YOU?! CAN’T A GIRL GET HER THIN MINTS IN PEACE?”

“Wow, hearing that you’d rather have with a cookie than me is making me really sad.”

“It was a pun!” Eunha audibly facepalmed. “Don’t turn anything gross for the rest of today. You have hit your daily quota.”

“You’re so cute.” Yerin teased.

“I wish I sent you instead of Sinb.” Eunha groaned.

The two began bickering for a bit--mostly Eunha bickering. Sinb learned to tune them out, for they always get into little suggestive arguments.

“I’d let you hit me--hard.” Yerin’s voice was very low.

“You’re so incorrigible.” Eunha sighed.

Sinb walked down the halls, bowing to the security guards who watched her closely, but they didn’t seem to be in the mood to really keep a closer eye as there were so many others that could. Sinb walked up to the room, which didn’t have the guards in front as Eunha said. She slightly struggled to open the door but she finally did and she looked towards the bed, which was already occupied by two girls making out and the top one undressing the one on the bottom. One of the girls noticed the door opening. She grabbed the taller girl as a cover.

“I thought you locked the door.” The girl with bangs said.

“I thought so too,” The pretty, taller girl said.

“I thought you checked to see if this room was empty.” Sinb frantically whispered.

“Well… that explains the lack of security outside…” Eunha said.

“Could you… by any chance… close the door behind you,” The pretty girl said. “We were kind of in the middle of something.”

“Is that girl carrying Miss. Kim?” The one with bangs said.

“Oh shoot you’re right.” The other girl took the blanket and covered her partner (or at least assumed to be). “I’ll take the lady from here. Thank you for bringing her to safety.”

“I could go to another room and you two can continue… whatever you two were doing.” Sinb nervously laughed.

“Thank you for your consideration, but we will take it from here.” The tall one said.

“May I have your name?” Sinb said in a slightly offended tone.

“Sowon.” The tall guard said. “And the other one over there is Yuju. If you wish to report us, then I won’t stop you; but I shall take lady Yewon from here.”

Sinb clicked her tongue. “Can I at least stay until she wakes up?”

“I don't see why not,” Sowon said. “But we will accompany you. A lot of things have been happening lately, so we need to keep a close eye on everyone--especially Mr. Kim’s daughter. You may place her on the bed. Don’t worry it has not been soiled.”

Sinb hesitated but then shrugged and placed Eunha in the bed, where Yuju finally exited in full uniform (still flustered). She walked over to Sowon.

“I’ll keep watch outside then,” Yuju whispered and bowed.

“Thank you,” Sowon whispered. “Sorry,”

“Don’t be,” Yuju kissed Sowon’s cheek. “People make mistakes.”

Yuju exited the room and kept guard outside. This has proven to be difficult. She could try to kill Sowon first and then Eunha, but Sowon looked pretty built and her height added to her intimidation. Killing the guard would be hard as Yuju would probably notice or sense some problem if Sowon were to get killed (she probably wouldn’t go down without a fight… and those aren’t exactly quiet). Sinb had no choice but to wait for Eunha to wake up so they could either go back to the party or go into another room. All this waiting made Sinb restless. She looked down at Yewon--no sign of her waking up anytime soon.

“I’ll be back.” Sinb turned to Sowon.

Sowon nodded opened the door for Sinb. Sinb looked at Yuju outside.

“Let me in when I come back,” Sinb said. “Don’t let anyone else in though.”

“Of course,” Yuju bowed.

“Keep an eye on that one,” Sowon muttered to Yuju. “She seems a little suspicious…”

“Can’t trust anyone,” Yuju replied. “I won’t let my guard down.”

 

Sinb looked into the bathroom mirror. She made sure her makeup was impeccable and make sure no flaws were apparent. She sighed after checking that the bathroom was empty for the 5th time.

“Those two may seem a little irresponsible, but they seem sharp…” Sinb analyzed the two. “They might be two of the higher guards… hence their moods and tones.”

Sinb reapplied her red lipstick as it was faded.

“Eunha copy,” Sinb whispered.

“Copy,” Eunha replied.

“Files on the two?” Sinb asked.

“Kim Sojung: 23 years. Training since high school. Daughter of FBI officer.” Eunha listed. “That’s all I can find… her files seem to be… empty. Maybe her father had something to so with that.”

“Can’t find out?” Sinb asked.

“Can’t find anything that isn’t there in the first place.”

“Ok… the other girl?”

“Choi Yuna: 21 years. Trained for only 2 years. So she’s fairly new, but she was accepted into the live field only a year after training… must be talented. Daughter of… a florist and a dentist--interesting. Attended a music high school, but she got vocal nodes and had to give up her dream of singing to prevent further damage to her voice. Oh, she actually sings pretty well.” Eunha said as soft singing played in the back.

“Are you listening to her sing?” Sinb asked.

“Yes, she’s quite wonderful! Such a shame she had to stop… I guess her family wanted her to be safe, so they took her out of school because the music course was quite rigorous. She also seems to be very athletic. She did seem to always have an interest in this field of work, so when music was no longer an option, she switched over to social justice work.”

“Being a bodyguard is not like a police officer… maybe there is another reason why she wanted to be a bodyguard.” Sinb said.

“Oh wait… I’m looking here,” Eunha bit into something crunchy. She was probably eating… like always. “Her and Umji are close, so Umji’s dad probably has some connections to the FBI or something, so maybe there is a deal going between the two. Something like ‘If you protect my daughter for 3 years I’ll recommend you to the FBI director.’”

“Maybe, thanks Eunha,” Sinb said. “I’m going back. Talk to you after I complete this assignment.”

 


dfiofhhoifhoirghfb I wanted to make this a oneshot at first... but that's impossible!

If you liked it, please subscribe for more to come!
Have a great day everyone!