Venting of Trigger Warnings & a small surprise

Neena’s Updates, News, & Blogs
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hi Everyone! How are you all doing?

This week at a work has been pretty hectic. With it being Easter this weekend, the bakery loaded with orders for tomorrow. So basically, I’ll be going in tonight at midnight to start my shift. I normally do a 10 PM to 6 AM shift but I’ve been having to stay late every day because there’s just so much to do.

 

I saw something interesting the other day. The username and well-known author VanillaSushi had deactivated her account. I love her stories. Everyone does. Well anyway, I saw someone post up a blog, saying that she was receiving constant hate for her stories because of the disturbing rated scenes and storyline that she writes about. Because she kept on receiving so many hate messages, she deactivated her account. I mean, that’s what I got from the blog of this person anyway.

So, I wanted to express my frustration with some readers about not fully understanding the concept of AFF having a trigger warning, a rated mature warning, a warning in general to let the audience, the subscribers, the readers know that the subject and idea of the story may be disturbing. I am quite upset that some readers will go as far as to sending such hate letter to make a person quit what they love doing the most.

I don’t know. I can go on with this subject forever. I’m very disappointed and pretty frustrated with this whole situation. I mean, it might not even be that, but if it is, people need to get a life. People need to just leave those sort of stories (rated mature with a trigger warning) alone and find something different to read. If you guys know about this whole situation, fill me in with the details. I’d love to know.

 

Okay. Okay. I want to share something with you guys. And I am so happy, very pleased, and also surprised. My current fanfic Hello Miss Sunshine is currently at 500 subscribers and I didn’t think that I’d actually receive that number of subscribers who have not unsubscribed (because they’re interested in the storyline between Sehun and Ara) and are currently reading.

I do thank you guys for reading that story. I’ll do my best and I will work hard on it.

 

 

 

Want to read something? *wiggles eyebrows*

 

 

Grace of Spring – Excerpt

 

 

 

 

It was April. The skies showered the city of Seoul with heavy rainfall, making Hei Ran regret for forgetting her umbrella. She groaned underneath her breath, frowned, and then started to whine like a child as she began to pick up her pace. Hei Ran’s footsteps began to quicken as she ran down the bustling environment of Hongdae, towards the coffee shop that sat down on the very end of the next block.

She immediately apologized for being late, but her boss just greeted her with a cheery smile and told her that it was okay. Hei Ran was thankful that she had such a wonderful boss that treated her so well like his own little sister. She was going to head towards the back kitchen, but she stopped the second her boss called out her name.

“I should tell you and warn you.” Jaebum slowly said to her. “I tried to stop him, but he was very persistent on this. He kept saying that he wanted to see you and said that he’d wait until you get here for your shift.” Jaebum gave her an apologetic smile. “He seemed desperate and also he seems to know you well.”

Hei Ran began to scan the coffee shop. Her eyes instantly landed on that familiar figure that sat at the table in the corner. Her heart began to thump, loudly, and furiously. Her blood began to rush up to her head, making her slightly dizzy. Hei Ran didn’t think she’d see him again, but he was there. Sitting there, at that corner table, casually drinking his coffee, and just patiently waiting for her.

How in the world did he manage to find her? Just how? She did everything she could to keep a low profile, to keep herself hidden, to cut every little trace of her, but he still managed to find her. Hei Ran didn’t know how to react. She didn’t know whether she should be hysterical or…or…she couldn’t even find the right word to describe her emotions.

“I can tell him to leave.” Jaebum began as he became worried. All her blood drained from her face. She looked like she’d seen a ghost. “Hey. Hello.” Jaebum waved his hand. “Earth to Grace.” He called out her real name to get her attention.

Hei Ran shook her head and forced a smile. “It’s fine. I’ll…actually…do you mind if I take a few moments to go talk to him?”

“If you need me, just holler my name, and I’ll be there.” Jaebum sternly told her and walked away to go help out the next customer in line at the other register.

Trembling. Hei Ran was trembling as she slowly made her

Please log in to read the full chapter