An Excerpt

Neena’s Updates, News, & Blogs
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hello Everyone! I hope you all are doing well!

I just wanted to write something quick. Something small to get my juices flowing as I’m going to continue to write Hello Miss Sunshine.

Enjoy. And thank you.

-Neena

 

 

 

More Than Happily Ever After

 

 

“Annyeong!” Mina screamed in the background as she ran up behind Sehun and tackled him from the back by climbing onto him. She rested her chin on his shoulder and laughed at the way how Sehun whined in annoyance. “You’re on Instagram live?”

“Neh.” Sehun smiled into the camera, reading all his fan’s comments, and questions. “Of course, as always, my beautiful wife, Mina is here to join me.”

Mina gave a small wave before replying to his fan’s questions. “This attire is from H&M and Forever21. I love those stores.” She giggled at everyone’s comments about her. “Thank you. Maybe I can do an Instagram live one day but I’m very busy with work.”

Sehun frowned but couldn’t help and smile that his fans loved his wife. “I’m so jealous! This is my Instagram live and my fans have more interest in you than me.” He laughed when Mina gave him a playful punch on the arm. “I was kidding.”

There was a small bark that began to grow closer and louder in the background and that made Mina get off the bed and greet Vivi with open arms the second he trotted into their bedroom. “Vivi, you cute baby! Come here.” She sat down on the rug, pulled Vivi into her arms, and snuggled against him.

Mina can hear Sehun answering questions and talking to his fans about his current promotions and activities. Hers and Vivi’s names were mentioned a few times as she felt him angle his camera to show them off and continued with his Instagram live. About fifteen minutes later when Sehun was going to end his Instagram live, Mina gasped in excitement, and joined Sehun on the bed with Vivi in her arms.

“Say goodbye.” Sehun laughed when Mina closed the distance between them as she placed Vivi onto his shoulder.

Mina waved goodbye. “Bye! ‘Till then, please take care. Also, happy first day of Summer!”

“One last question. Does Vivi like Sehun or Mina better?” Sehun read out loud and chuckled because the answer was obvious.

“Me!” Mina shouted before giving Vivi a kiss.

Sehun stuck his tongue out, the bottom of his lips, and nodded. His eyes turned into a crescent moon as he grinned. “The answer is obvious. Vivi loves Mina more than me. But shouldn’t it be the other way around? I’m a bit jealous to be honest.” He laughed at all the incoming comments, as everyone gushed over their cuteness, over their small lovely family. “Except, I’m okay with Vivi loving Mina more because I know that neither of them will ever be lonely, and they will have each other’s company when I’m not home.”

Mina backed away from Sehun and went to go lay up against the headboard of the bed with Vivi in her arms. She watched Sehun say his last farewell to his fans and smiled at the way how he charmed his way with his fans. That was one of his many traits that has made Mina fall completely in love with him. Sehun was charming and also very humorous. He was never boring or dull. He was adventurous and fun. He was sweet, yet, he was also a complete jerk.

“I’m a little jealous that my fans love you more.” Sehun said out loud as he went to go place his phone on her vanity.

Mina smirked. “Well, you won’t have to worry about that any longer. Just think, in about a week, we’ll be going our own separate ways.”

He stopped what he was doing as he glanced over his shoulders. Is two years really going to be over already? They both have done this just to satisfy both of their parents wishes. She had her reasons. He had his reasons. Except, were their prior reasons even still valid, and current? Sehun didn’t know. All that he did know at that second was that he didn’t want their fake marriage to end. Not so soon. So soon? They went through this act for almost two years. In the beginning it seemed like the two years was never going to come soon enough, but now that it’s nearing, Sehun was beginning to regret of ever wishing that the two years was coming up soon.

“Separate ways.” Sehun said quietly. “Right.”

“I’m hungry. I’m going to go grab a snack and sit out in the backyard. The weather is so nice today.” Mina go off the bed, let go of Vivi, and walked out of the bedroom with Vivi trailing after her. “You want something?!”

When she heard him say no, she began to wonder about his sudden change of attitude. Mina knew he was feeling down. More than down. He was sad. Except, she didn’t know about what. If it was about their marriage ending soon, he should be happy than sad because he was the one that couldn’t wait for this fake marriage of theirs to be over soon. Sehun loathed about their marriage for a while. He also hated her for a while as well. Then, within time, he stopped, and he began to change towards her. That happened all within their first year of marriage. It wasn’t until when they went into their second year of marriage that Sehun became attached to her. And for Mina, she fell in love with that jerk, way even before she knew it. Even when he was so mean to her, she still found ways to accept his flaws, and loved him more for her.

Now that their two-year marriage was going to be over soon, Mina knew that she was not going to be prepared for their final farewell. She was going to miss him…so much. Mina knew that she was never going to come back to South Korea because the United States was where she was born and raised, where her home was, where her fashion career called out her name. Her prior reasons, the truth in all this, she agreed to this marriage out of money, only to help her parents with their finances, and only to sa

Please log in to read the full chapter