Penumbra

Crimson Flower

                                                 Rose Petal GIF by Beauty And The Beast

 

(Please listen to my ST while reading. :D)

ST 4: Black Waltz

 

 

 

G Dragon is his name. The guy dressed in tight velvet suit and a thick ruffle choking him and making his already pale skin more paler.

He sits on the fancy gold chair in the altar’s place like a forgotten king. Bottles of liquor scattered in the middle of its red pool. His lips smudge in dried blood and his eyes were drunken.

 

"What happened?" a thin voice loomed. He turned his tired eyes to look at where it came from.

A petite girl with red hair walked towards him. Her heels click against the floor but the sound muddled as it reached the water drowning the church.

 

"Ji Soo, it's been a while." His chirping attempt on greeting doesn't help brighten the atmosphere.

 He sat up and drop the bottle in his hand. It fell and crashed on a white mask. The red liquor stained the white mask a fresh blood color.

They sat on an abandoned church. Destroyed and rugged like the two of them. Perhaps that's why they keep returning here. Maybe the old rotting rubbles of church made them feel at home.

No. It is home.

 

Ji Soo is G Dragon's savior. He died because of his stupidity and he lived because of her.

She was the one he begged for to be resurrected and she was the one who gave him this cursed miracle.

And she is not about to let G Dragon curse a normal human's life. Not in her watch.

He is her responsibility.

 

She noticed his neck branched with nerves that gleamed with fresh human blood.

A corpse blood is dry. It sustains but not enough. Living human’s blood is better. It is fresh, warm and still rushing with life. Just what a walking corpse like vampires want. It gives them a high thrill. And what’s more, the better ones gleam in the eyes of the dead.

Like a flower to a bee. A light in a dark tunnel. You have no choice but to take it.

 

"Did you possess the girl again?"

 

G Dragon snapped. He sat up and growled in a revolting tone.

"I didn't possess Dara." his fangs descends on his lips slightly cutting it and trickling blood.

" I just wanted to talk to her."

 

Ji Soo slid her hand on one of the church's long horizontal chairs and leaned.

"By possessing her.” She hummed and nod. “You know it hurts her."

 

"No!" G dragon lifted his hand and a long horizontal chair floats in the air. Is she saying he was hurting her? No. he didn’t. it was not on purpose!

As quick as how he slapped the air, the church’s chair flew towards the girl. It slammed and smashed on the wall. It broke the church's feeble wall causing the entire church to shake.

Ji Soo sighed. She cocked her head a bit to dodge the chair but a little part of it slits her head.

A red line drew on her cheek and as quickly as it appeared, it healed and vanished like nothing happened.

 

"She's not Dara. How many times does someone have to tell you that before you realize it?" Her tone was not impatient nor sympathizing. Ji Soo's voice is small but has indisputable confidence that the entire church loomed under it.

The vibration of the church's structure sounded like a piano organ highlighting an impending terror on G dragon's mind.

 

"You're wrong! You don't know anything! She's Dara! She's my beloved Sandara!" His desperate voice cracked.

 

Ji Soo stared at him in disbelief. 

"Dara died before you did. She died when you took her on that mountain and pushed her because you can't accept her rejecting your proposal."

 

Her stoic face showed him no comfort but disdain and hopelessness.

 

He stared at her open book face and saw her pity. In shame, G dragon burst out. "Don't make up lies and pretend you knew what happened! Like you're the damn good one!”

Ji Soo sighed hoping it would lengthen her patience.

 

“Dara loved me! She truly loved me!"

“Is that the lie you tell yourself?”

 

Ji Soo don’t have to physically approach him, the look on his face already tells her that he’s slowly understanding his actions. And it threatened him.

 

"I knew what happened. I was there and I saw the whole thing." Calm as ever, Ji Soo questioned him. "Who do you think was the one who gave you life when you fell from the cliff, were bleeding to death beside her and yet still begging to stay alive?"

 

G Dragon stood and slam his goblet on the altar. It crashed to pieces.

"You cursed us! You were the one who pushed us!"

 

"Did I now, G Dragon?" Ji Soo tilted her head. He was blaming her of everything he did because he himself could not accept what he did.  Ji Soo knew how pathetic a normal human could be after he transformed and gained immortality but she knew an already rotten heart could not be changed. Not even thousands of years could.

 

"Was I the one who pushed his lover and fell along?"

 

G Dragon cursed and growled destroying everything his eyes can see to destroy.

 

Ji Soo stared at the man she gave mercy.

The way he destroyed and made chaos of everything dawned on her that she should have not given him the chance.

Death was the better choice.

 

G Dragon stopped for a while. Panting like a beast in fury, he thought of something that he knew would provoke her.

"Don't pretend to be the better one, Ji Soo." his tone, mocking. His mouth dripped with his saliva yet still dared to bite her. Looking at him, Ji Soo thought that his eyes seemed to lost the little sanity it kept.

 

He tilted his head and smirked.

"You were once the one who destroyed the whole clan looking for that goddamn boy, didn't you?! you hypocrite!" he cursed.

 

Ji Soo closed her eyes. Not in shame nor in anger but in patience.

Pain was what she felt. When she opened them, a familiar man reflected in her eyes.

 

A pair of brown eyes smiled at her.

 

“Jin will never let any muse rob him off his handsome smiles ever again.”

 

Ji Soo glared at him for helping an able flirty woman pick her suspicious ‘accidentally dropped’ books while she was calling inside a Telephone booth. Another girl flinched then changed direction when Ji Soo saw her glancing at Jin.

Should she kill these people? Human population won’t dwindle with a couple or a dozen of nosy irritating women dying. 

She grinded her teeth and sighed. She lets him off for 3 minutes and the hyenas crowd on him.

 

He smiled at the blushing woman as she intentionally moved her hand and touched his. Amused, he turned to his side and saw Ji Soo out of the Telephone Booth, frowning. Her arms were crossed and tapping it impatiently.

When the flirty woman saw her, she dashed away. Ji Soo almost chased the girl out if not for Jin who laughingly grabbed her away.

Ji Soo earned a whole hearted laugh from him.

 

“You dare laugh at me?” Jin’s laughing face immediately turned serious.

“Who’s laughing?” he tried not to smile and keep his poker face.

“Since my Aphrodite likes my handsome smile so much, I, Jin, the Most Handsome Man in the world, shall stop donating my smiles to any muses, even if they are lovely and cute-“

Ji Soo glared at him threatening, “-what? Cute what?!”

“-Cute elderlies and little girls.” He grinned. He raised his hand in an oath and continued,

“I, Handsome Jin, shall offer my Handsome smile, Handsome looks-“ Jin lightly nudge Ji Soo with his body.

“and Handsome Body-” His eyebrows wiggled and a light of humor flickered in his eyes.

“Only to my Lovely Ji Soo.” They both laughed.

 

 

G Dragon took another chair and slam it in her direction.

Ji Soo stayed still. A falling part from the chair flew and hit her eyes.

 

"You ing killed your father for trying to kill your human lover! And what?! Your lover left you when he found out you weren't normal!"

GD laughed, scorned and threw things at her like an animal. Her face may not be reacting nor showing everything but her bloodied eyes glistened. For she knew and still remember everything.

 

She knew the truth of what truly happened. And how her father became the consequence.

G Dragon don’t have to tell his version of the tale to her.

 

He smirked, looking all entitled and pathetically thinking he's better off.

"We both knew you are the worst between us."

 

Ji Soo snapped.

Her sharp fangs crept and she dashed on him.

 

In a blink of eye, G Dragon is choking deep against the wall. Ji Soo's hand wrapped around his neck and his hand hopelessly clings on her arm trying to prevent her from cutting his neck off and burying him along the wall. His feet desperately tried to touch the ground.

"AGHH!!"

 

He grabbed on to her wrist and attempted to wring it from his neck but the blood dripping from him made him feel very weak and hopeless. He knew one wrong move and the bones of his neck would break. He might be immortal but his body is still weak and has yet to recover. If he is to be severely injured and lost a huge amount of blood, it might take years for him to recover or not at all.

He has no time for that.

 

He gasped trying to breathe. "Aghh!"

Ji Soo stared at his despairing struggle. His neck contorted, his face losing more color and a pool of blood spills every time he flinched.

 

She did regret turning him like her.

He was too low to become like them. He did not deserve what he became.

 

Ji Soo leaned towards him. She did not hiss at his neck but he could feel the threat.

Ji Soo looked him in the eyes and said, not in a whisper but in a strong, indifferent and absolute tone,

 

"Yes. I am. Both of us think you should've known better."

 

G Dragon whimpered and spat blood. His arms were weakening. He couldn’t even give a good grip. He was in pain, suffering and might even lose his life but the flicker of pain in Ji Soo’s eyes gave him a superior feeling of victory.

One smirk and all the air in his lungs escaped.

 

When G Dragon was at the edge of unconsciousness, Ji Soo loosen her grip and he fell into his own puddle like a lifeless sack of cold rotten flesh he is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PREVIEW:

 

NEXT CHAPTER

 

ST 5: KILL THIS LOVE

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung limped to cover Jennie. “Get down, Jennie!  He’ll find us.”

Suga grabbed Jimin’s head.

                            Knowing what the monster inside Suga will do, Jennie’s heart leaped in fear.

 

She screamed in terror, “PLEASE, NO!!”

SNAP.                                                     

 

“The name’s Lisa, tell Satan who he’ll thank ‘cause he’ll have some company today.”

 

She dipped the Silver cross in holy water filled with roses.

“Drink my blood and die, you filthy monster.”

 

The gentle woman was not timid anymore. The nun lifted a machine gun and fired.