District Two ; Masonry

배고픔 게임 // The Hunger Games

[[ Oh, hello! Thank you for subscribing to my fanfic. It really means a lot to me. ^^ So, how do you like the character pictures? Should I continue on? Please leave me some feedback, I'll really appreciate it. :) ]]

 

- District 2 is one of the districts of Panem. It is the place where most of the Peacekeepers are trained, and where the weapons are manufactured, but originally specialized only in mining and stone cutting. Publicly it's presented as the nation's stone quarries, just like District 13 was known for graphite mining. District 2 children are raised with a warrior mind-set and most of the Peacekeepers are from District 2. This district was the only one not on the side of the first rebellion, and after the attempt failed, were rewarded by better treatment from the Capitol, and better living conditions for their citizens. District 2 is in the Rocky Mountains, near the Capitol itself. The district is made up of many small villages, each based around a mine. Although the district is allied with the Capitol, due to their preferential treatment, the quarry workers suffer as much as any other district, not being excluded from the annual Hunger Games that take place. -

 

 

 

 

“Ow! Please, Hyung, not anymore of those waxing! I lost half an eyebrow already,” a teenage boy with small eyes said, rubbing his right leg. “I don’t need to be totally hairless, right?”

The stylist, Park Ji Ho, looked at him incredulously. “You need to meet the Capitol’s expectations, and this,” he raised the teen’s other leg, which was still covered in sticky goo, “Does not cut it. Got it, Daesung?”

Kang Dae Sung puffed his cheeks and gave a slight nod. “Whatever you say. Just promise me I get to actually SURVIVE in there.”

“That’s up to you, of course,” Ji Ho said. “Most District 2 tributes actually have a huuuge chance of making it. You’re a Career tribute, aren’t you?”

Dae Sung sighed and looked down at his feet. “Now that you put it that way, I feel as if I have no use there.. Jiho hyung, do you think I’ll win?”

Ji Ho just gave a light smile and continued filing Dae Sung’s nails. “Do you think you will? That changes everything, kid.”

Fifteen-year-old Dae Sung just gulped as Ji Ho finished changing his appearance to match the Capitol’s standards, which was, in a way, very…stressful. There were some rumors of hurried plastic surgery for the other tributes but Ji Ho promised Dae Sung he wouldn’t get any. But maybe he’ll get a waxing here and there, and maybe a day or two to fix his hair…

“I shouldn’t worry, right Hyung? I mean, I’m still young, they might spare me, right?” Dae Sung asked worriedly, his eyebrows knit tightly.

“Maybe. Who knows? Anything goes in the arena,” Ji Ho answered, his golden eyes sparkling.

O-o-.-o-O

  “Stay. Still. Don’t. Move.” Lee Chae Rin’s stylist, Kan Mi Youn, looked at her with blazing eyes. Chae Rin, or better known as CL, was moving from one corner of the room to the other, just to escape the frilly pink warrior dress – (Frills on a fighter? Seriously, now? – she was supposed to wear. Luckily for her, Mi Youn had enough patience to tolerate CL’s attitude.

“Can’t I just wear anything normal for a change? It’s just the first freakin’ night!” CL snapped at her. “I don’t want to look like a freaking three-year-old! I’m seventeen, for crying out loud!”

“Yeah, and I look like a hippo.” Mi Yeon sighed, exasperation written all over her features. “Bear with me, alright? I planned something for you, and I know you’ll like it.”

“…Fine.” CL stepped onto the pedestal and let her stylist spin her around, feeling tulle, lace and silk rubbing her skin. She had to fight the grimace threatening to show on her face. “Are you done?”

Mi Yeon stepped back after a few minutes, admiring her handiwork. “Yes, I definitely am.”

The young tribute took a deep breath and looked in the mirror and saw a princess-like figure. She cringed, spinning around slowly. “And this is going to help me…How?”

Mi Yeon smirked and ripped several sections off, revealing a darker pink cloth hiding underneath the light pink color. “Fuchsia, just the way you like it. I had to make it baby pink so the other stylists won’t copy my idea of ripping fabric. You know what to do, CL. When the time comes, rip this baby right off!” She laughed and put the dress back together, hiding any telltale signs.

“Uh… That sounds wrong. But…okay, I guess?” CL stepped down and smoothed the dress down. “It makes me wonder how you managed to make this dress look like it belonged to a Peacekeeper-to-be princess. You’re awesome, Mi Yeon,” she chuckled.

“I try, Chae Rin. I try,” Mi Yeon answered with a laugh.

 

District 2 Tributes:

Kang Dae Sung // Daesung (Big Bang)

Lee Chae Rin // CL (2NE1)