Time Slip

Year One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback

------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the middle of October and the winter is settling in. She's always been a fan of this weather, the cold night breezes before the snow starts. 

She thinks back to her freshman year, the evenings spent in her campus' coffehouse, when the concept of being a college kid was exciting. She felt so free, alive, and in control of her future.

Though her cousins had also been raised in the states, none had taken much interest in going to college. She was considered the turning point, the one making many proud of her.

Her mom had received so many congratulatory messages. Uncles and aunts, that rarely spoke to them, were suddenly willing to help out in anyway they could.

And there were also the comparisons that never seemed to end. 

Kang Seulgi, first of her family to attend an American university and with a full-ride scholarship. 

 

Jimin you should learn from Seulgi, not from your sister. Look at her, she gave us Mina instead of a diploma. 

Science is good, we knew she was smart and she was always so polite. Does her career make a lot of money?

Scientist? Oh no my daughter will go to school to be a doctor or a lawyer not some scientist. 

And she did this without a father? Omo! All she had was her mother. 

 

Kang Seulgi, first of her family

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter