o n e

Princess Protection Program
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal stares at the house in front of her with a blank expression on her face. She honestly has no idea where she is right now and all she can see is trees and wood, as well as a lake in front of the house. The house is nothing like her palace, and she is very sure that her room before is even bigger than the house she’s looking at right now. It’s made of wood, that has been painted in white paint, double storeys—but still too small to her liking—and it looks somewhat old. She gulps. She questions herself whether she will really be living there until God-knows-when.

She looks around. There are many trees surround the house, and there is a wood behind it, which looks terrifying to her, and she believes it would be even more terrifying during the night too. It looks nothing like the garden and landscape she can see from her balcony before. And in front of the house, probably 30 steps away, is a lake. She can see a small gazebo beside it, as well as a small boat tied to the pillar of the gazebo. Though everything seems old there, the air, however, smells fresh and it manages to calm her down, bringing a small smile to her lips.

“Soojung,” Mr. Kim suddenly appears, calling out to her with her new name. “It’s still weird to call you that. I know this isn’t much, but I hope you’ll still feel like home,” he reaches out and softly pats her head. “Just take the room on the second floor. I’ll be here if you need anything, okay?”

She nods and smiles gratefully to him. “Thank you, Mr. Kim.”

She takes her bag that’s filled with clothes that were provided by PPP (nothing like fancy dresses with lace and silk) and goes inside. Once entering, her jaw drops but she quickly closes again. The house, of course, smells like home. However, it is a bit messy, and things are all over the place. There are many unused boxes on the floor, unarranged shoes and umbrellas. From where she stands, she can see the couch and television on one side of the room, and when she turns her head to the left, she can see the fridge along with a small table and three chairs. The stairs that leads to the second floor is just beside the living room.

She walks further inside, and stops when she sees a family portrait hanging on the wall. She can spot Mr. Kim right away who had his arm around a woman who was smiling brightly, and she figured that she must be his wife. Between the couple, stood a boy who also was smiling just as wide as his mother, showing off his dimples. He had an action figure in his hand, and he was showing it proudly to the camera. From the background, she can see that the picture was taken here, in front of this house. Judging from how slightly younger Mr. Kim looked like in the picture, she estimates that it was taken probably a few years ago, perhaps six to seven years ago. If her estimation is right, then maybe she can make friends with the boy. That way, she won’t be as lonely. The thought itself makes her smile in delight, and she cheerfully goes upstairs to her room.

 

 

“Who are you?”

Krystal looks up from the book she is reading (she found it in the room and has been reading it for almost two hours) and she finds a boy who is around her age is staring deadly at her. She gulps, and acting like how she has been taught to for all her life, she quickly stands up, gets off from the bed, and does a curtsey. The boy raises an eyebrow, clears , and shock is evident on his face as he still can’t wrap his head around what’s happening. He has never seen this girl before, and what on earth that she just did? A freaking curtsey?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter