Entry #2

How To Uncrush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dear diary, Lee Seungri is actually much more than just your typical 19 years old. He has deep passion in music, and only if we were close I'd have asked him to play me a song with his guitar -- the one I hadn't noticed he had brought with him that night. He is tolerable, always cleans after himself and honestly the house was fairly cleaner and tidier than ever. We didn't have much interaction though because I have classes in the morning and work in the afternoon, so I am home only at night when it's not my off-day.

 

He'd give me smiles if we ever bumped into each other when one is going into the bathroom and the other is coming out, for example. He was his father's only child, the one more eligible than Seunghyun to take over the family business once he finishes his studies in the said department. Of course, the boy's free soul was adamant on following his own path in life, hence why he ran away from home and sought for his older cousin's help.

 

If I was to be honest, having a stranger as a housemate isn't so bad after all. I was doubtful at first, of course, and highly skeptical.. but day by day we went on with our days without really crossing with each other's life, and it was kind of peaceful. Although it's only been almost a week (I'm sure today's only the 5th day since I tried hard to prevent from punching myself and Seunghyun in the guts as he explained why he can't accommodate his cousin and why I'm the most suitable friend that could help him), Seungri hadn't done anything that irritates me, and that was what I would've wanted to have in a housemate.

 

However, it could be that I hadn't seen his worse sides yet.. Time changes everything they say.. I better be ready for any type of violation he's gonna do towards my privacy.. or perhaps I'm being way too paranoid..?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What's there in your hands..?"

 

 

Seungri looked up from the book he's been intently focusing his attention on for the past hours and stared straight into Jiyong's eyes. They were full of horror, as if red warning signs were flashing in his head.

 

"Is that what I think it is..?" His tone dropped to a scary distant one, that the younger gulped.

 

Seungri almost wanted to shake his head, but then decided to just come clean. However, not without a game of twist though. "It depends on what you think it is...? If it's the same with what I have in my hands, then the answer is yes."

 

That's it. "Lee ing Seungri." This boy had crossed the line Jiyong didn't even intend to draw in the first place. "I swear to God if that's my journal I--"

 

"A-ha! That's where you're wrong! It's a diary, not a journal--"

 

Seungri wasn't given the chance to finish his sentence because Jiyong was already chasing after him, ready to beat the younger to a pulp.

 

"Hyung..! I..! This is gonna drain your energy, seriously! Hyunggg!!"

 

At some point Seungri stopped at the back of the couch, panting like a dog after a good run around the field under the scorching sun. Jiyong wasn't in a different condition on the other side of the same couch, the furniture being the only separator between them. 

 

"I..." Seungri grunted, catching his breath. Even though they were literally only running around the couch, it's still exhausting as hell. "I g-give up.. C-can we sit down and talk this out w-with the promise that y-y-you won't kill me..?

 

Jiyong let out a tired scoff, still drawing heavy breaths in and out of his lungs. After a few tense seconds, he sighed, "Fine. Sit."

 

There was a noticeable distance between them, and Seungri hesitated before handling the diary back to its owner without facing Jiyong. The older literally snatched it from his hand. "I intended to help tidying up your room for a bit, found this lying around on your bed. I couldn't resist from picking it up and--"

 

"Did you read everything..?" Jiyong cut the younger off, his emotions unreadable. Mainly because Seungri was still focusing his gaze on the coffee table in front of them, so he didn't really see the older's face. 

 

"Well.. I won't tell anyone oomph--"

 

Seungri wasn't at all expecting to be attacked all of a sudden from his left side, by the handsome medical student. His head hit the hand rest not so gracefully that it might cause a bump to form tomorrow as Jiyong tackled him down, straddling the younger in the process with murderous look in his eyes. He grabbed the unsuspecting younger's collar with both his hands and pulled, carrying the younger's upper body until his face was nearer with Jiyong's.

 

"You--!"

 

"Look, I'm sorry, Hyung!!! I'm sorry!!! I-I-I shouldn't have breached your p-privacy like that!! That was v-very disrespectful of me!!!!"

 

Jiyong was not affected by his apology, and Seungri was even ready to be killed at that moment. But being ready didn't mean he was willing to, "Look!! I'll do a-anything to cover up my unforgivable mistake, anything!!"

 

The older was still unfazed, and probably seconds to killing him with gritted teeth. Seungri felt like screaming, beating himself up for being so stupid. "I'll even help you get your crush on your best friend reciprocated!!!"

 

Finally, Jiyong's face reacted, and if Seungri wasn't seeing things due to his panic, the older might have started to blush. "I don't have a crush on Youngbae,"

 

"Yes, you do..? I read your diary, remember..?"

 

"No, I don't have a crush on him."

 

"I'm sure you do, though.."

 

"No, I don't!!"

 

"Hyung, it's written there..? Or maybe you'd prefer the term 'in love with your best friend'..?"

 

Jiyong was about to come out with something to defend himself again, but decided that this was all stupid. He let go of the younger with no warning whatsoever and got off him, returning to his previous spot on the couch. Seungri was dumbfounded at the sudden change in the older's mood from dangerous to unreadable calmness.

 

"I'm truly sorry for reading your diary, though.. I'm serious when I say I'd do anything to make you forgive me.." 

 

Seungri truly knew what he did was wrong. One of the things that violates the Friends' Code is reading one's diary. They weren't even friends to begin with, which was sad haha. Now, any hopes of having that kind of bond with the older have slipped away from his hands, because of his own doings and inability to keep his busybody side to himself.

 

"I'm not saying what you did was fine, but I shouldn't have written diaries in the first place.. Am I a girl or something..? A teenage girl falling in love with someone for the first time..? You might have been laughing at me while you read what I wrote in there, and I won't blame you.."

 

Jiyong was gripping his diary in his left hand, eyes close to shedding tears. He had always been so soft and fragile, and sensitive talk like this -- especially the unplanned one -- made him even want to bawl in despair.

 

Jiyong wasn't expecting for his right hand to be held oh so gently by the younger, as Seungri wordlessly intertwined his fingers with him. The younger's thumb rubbed on his hand casually, and the action was both soothing and calming. Even though he kinda have started to develop a disliking towards the younger.

 

"I don't think you're pathetic or whatever, Hyung. We might not know each other, like, at all.. but I assure you there's nothing wrong with having a crush on someone."

 

However, that didn't really sit well with Jiyong. "Why do you keep saying that what I have for Youngbae is a mere crush..?" The kid didn't even know how frustrated he had been all these years keeping this feelings of his that the younger assumed was simply just a crush.

 

Seungri blinked. "Because.. from what I just read, you aren't so deeply in love with him, actually. It's kind of like admiration or deep fondness that's all. Thus, I conclude what you're feeling for him is only a crush."

 

Jiyong scoffed. "What are you..? A detective..? A love doctor..? Well-- okay you know what..? I don't care what you think, since I won't stand a chance with my best friend anyway."

 

He didn't wait for Seungri to reply or react, as he rose to his feet -- his diary safe in his hand -- and straightaway made a beeline towards his room. Ignoring the faint 'Wait, Hyung!' calling from his back, he closed his door with a small thud and contemplated before locking it.

 

The si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter