Entry #1

How To Uncrush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Dear Diary, I know it's been a while since I last vent out on you. A lot of things have been going on lately and I find myself trying not to fall into a swirling pit of despair. It is both concerning and pathetic that one slightly disturbing news could overshadow the other good ones.

 

Well, as I am confident that you must be so damn confused right now, I'll tell you. First of all, Daesung had finally made his decision to stop being a jobless college drop-out and start to actually care about his future. Which was great, since I am confident that he is no longer befriending those punks who hangout in some alley smoking joints and doing whatnot. It was such a pain to watch him wandering along wrong roads and taking false routes, as he was losing his way.. and now I couldn't express how happy I am that our old smiling angel will be back like how he used to be.

 

Seunghyun, on the other hand finally (ing, finally) realized that he should be doing something good at the age of 23 such as working in his uncle's big company. He'd kill you if he finds out that I told you about this, but since you're an inanimate object, you actually have no life for him to take in the first place, SO. A few nights ago I found him sitting in front of my door, with a bottle of soju in his hands. Who knows if that was the fifth bottle or the sixth, because dear hyung was clearly past his tolerance. I approached him, and seeing me, he suddenly broke down, which I later panicked to but yeah you don't need to know that. He told me about his concerns regarding his future,and that maybe his pride (of not wanting to satisfy his father who wanted him to join the family business empire) would one day consume him in regret.

So, as a good friend I looked at him straight in the eye and told him to get his away from my door and just work at the hell of a company. And Oh my, never thought he'd follow my advice.

 

Final semester is starting, and soon enough you'll be able to be the sole property of Dr. Kwon. I really would love to hear how that would roll off the tongue of any of my patients, and it seems likely that I'll find out soon. Somehow, I'm literally more ready for this semester than I was for the one before when I clearly had a panic attack as soon as I walk out the door (which you already know so I'd spare the details). I guess this is good news, right..?

 

However, as much as how these good things were filling my heart with joy and sugar-coated rainbows, I couldn't really find myself thinking about any of them much right now. Because... I've finally heard from Youngbae after a month-ish.

And he's got a girlfri

 

 

 

 

Jiyong was startled by the sudden ringing of his cellphone. Setting his pen aside, he closed the opened page of his diary, the nth book he bought since little -- this one specifically bought at the nearest stationary store and it was the cheapest because Jiyong cares for his babies (read:money) --  which he usually fills in with his turmoil and doubts and whatever happened on his days in form of words. The ringing seemed muffled somehow, and Jiyong groaned annoyedly as he left his study table to walk to his unmade bed. He had to practically skipped and hopped in order to avoid stepping on any of his clothes because they were branded ones, God. If only his mother was here right now, he'd probably have one of his ears pulled -- or both.

 

Digging through his crumpled duvet, he found his phone and raised his eyebrows seeing three missed calls from one of his best friends, Seunghyun. He needed not wait a second more before it started ringing again, Seunghyun's most decent selca he was able to find in his gallery filled his screen. 

 

"Hel-"

"You gotta help me, Ji."

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong remembered meeting Seunghyun for the first time a while back. Jiyong was a freshman and Seunghyun was in his sophomore year in highschool, one too fragile, one too outgoing -- but somehow they clicked and stayed with each other through puberty and school and all despite not being the same age. As expected, Seunghyun would put himself in trouble at times and Jiyong was always the one to pick his up and sometimes settle the he's done. Realising how efficient Jiyong is at helping him, Seunghyun would always ask for his favour in anything by buying him lunch or breakfast or even that post-it notes Jiyong had been searching for ages. Jiyong never really did feel used, because he knew what Seunghyun had to offer would benefit him. That's one of the perks of befriending a chaebol, you know?

 

Therefore, Jiyong had already known what awaits him as he sat at the table in a cafe near his university, sipping his iced Americano with a quiet Seunghyun in front of him. 

"You know, I'm used to this already. What do you want me to help with this time, Hyun?"

 

Seunghyun grinned -- being caught and all -- and scratched his nape with his eyes still fixed on the back of his other hand on the table. "Fine. You caught me. I'm afraid you won't help me this time, though.."

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes, "Come on, Hyun. You know you keep some of my most-deadliest secrets, I don't think I'd ever have the chance to say no to helping you." When he thought about it again, it felt wrong to trust the older with that amount of humiliation-material. 

 

Not noticing the silent thoughts running through the younger's head, the older brightened up. "Okay, if you insist. My problem is, you see, this cousin of mine - which I've never mentioned to you or any of my friends - had ran away from home so he needs a place to stay."

 

Jiyong couldn't help but ask, "And it's your problem how..?"

 

Seunghyun sighed under his breath, looking like a father who was tiredly complaining about his one and only son. "I have a soft spot for him, I guess. It's so hard not to like him even though he annoys everyone with his existence on a daily basis."

 

It wasn't really a need for him to understand about the weird family connection between Seunghyun and his cousin. Jiyong was orphanized at a young age, so besides the other kids living with him in the orphanage he never really experienced spending time with someone who's related to him by blood. He never got the chance to be adopted, and watching his friends come and go every month taught him that nothing ever lasts forever.

 

Well, at least one boy stayed with him until both of them were released to fend for themselves. Unsurprisingly, it was Dong Youngbae. His bestest best friend since, like, forever. The one who stayed with him through thick and thin and taught him how it feels to always have someone that would be there for him whenever he needs it.

 

Their friendship is the only thing that Jiyong won't ever want to lose, because their bond was stronger than what he observe in most families of his friends, Jiyong was sure of it. However, Jiyong -- the always so stupid, Jiyong -- would possibly be the one to ruin their friendship one day. Sometimes Jiyong tried to blame Youngbae, instead of himself, for being so perfect that it was too easy to fall in love with him.

 

Yes. Jiyong admitted it. He was in love with his best friend, who's clearly as straight as a metal ruler, who just FaceTimed with him yesterday to tell him about the shorter's new girlfriend.

 

Imagine how Jiyong's heart silently weeped at that moment. The other was so happy, telling how Jiyong would like his girlfriend and would maybe find a shopping partner in her, when all Jiyong wanted was to not ever meet the person who'd steal his spot as Youngbae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter