Valentine's Day

Ten Percent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Hi Baekhyun." A tall man, a very handsome one for that, said and stood up immediately after seeing him.

 

 

"Oh." Great. Out of all the words he learned from all the flirting he'd done to bed those one-night stands, he was able to pull-out a very dumb-sounding 'oh'.

 

 

"Is-is my timing off? Because if you already have plans for tonight, I'll justㅡ"

 

 

"No! No no no!"

 

 

Baekhyun internally face-palmed himself. Can he stop sounding very very stupid right now? This wasn't his first time seeing a handsome man in suit but he really had no idea why he kept on embarrassing himself not even more than five minutes of seeing him.

 

 

"What do you mean no? Sh-Should I leave or not leave?" The man said, confused.

 

 

"Don't leave. I really have no plans tonight, Chanyeol. You're Chanyeol, right?"

 

 

"Yup. That's me. By the way, here are flowers for you."

 

 

He blushed. Damn it. Byun Baekhyun, a grown-up 25 year old man, blushed because one of his one night stands gave him flowers. He shyly, and definitely still blushing, took the flowers from Chanyeol.

 

 

"Thank you. But what's with the flowers and what are you doing here? How do you even know I am working here?"

 

 

"I was just within the area and I remembered you mentioning before while we're drinking that you work here so I decided I might as well try my luck and pay you a visit." The tall man said while he scratched the back of his neck, indicating how incredibly shy he was on coming here unannounced.

 

 

Baekhyun found it quite uneasy (he really should start being careful on dropping some details of his personal life to his one night stands).. and yet adorable.

 

 

"Well, I guess you're lucky today 'cause I'm free tonight. I think we should talk more about  what are we gonna do outside though."

 

 

The smaller looked around and can see some of his officemates throwing subtle curious glances at them.

 

 

"Right. I have a reservation on a nearby restaurant, so shall we?" The taller said noticing too that they were starting to gain attention from some people.

 

 

"Sure. Lead the way, Handsome." Baekhyun answered gesturing for the taller to start walking ahead.

 

 

Few minutes later and they arrived at a fancy restaurant right around the corner. Good thing he wore something a little bit more formal today with his white dress shirt and black pants than his usual semi-casual poloshirt and jeans get up or else he would really look like a misplaced idiot near the taller man.

 

 

Chanyeol wasn't lying when he said that the reservation was on a nearby restaurant. What got Baekhyun puzzled though was why? Why the hell one of his hook-ups conveniently has a completely planned date set up for him? He knew his looks are way above average and the they shared was beyond fantastic, but was it really enough reason to do something like this? There were so many questions running in his pretty little head so he promised himself he'll not let this night end without having all of it answered.

 


For now, he just wanted to start with their dinner because he did not know he's already starving until the nice aroma of the food hit his nose right after setting a foot inside the restaurant.

 

 

"Uh I-I actually already pre-ordered a set of meals for us. I hope you don't mind? But if you have something you want to eat, please feel free to tell me, I'll order it for you." Chanyeol asked once they reached the table reserved for them, not without pulling a chair for Baekhyun first before going to his own seat. 

 

 

The brown-haired Baekhyun may or may not blushed a little on the gentlemanliness showed by the handsome man in front of him.

 

 

"Oh it's fine, really. I'm actually glad you did because I'm not really familiar with the food here. So thank you for saving me from embarrassment." The smaller answered while giving Chanyeol a small smile, a little bit shy to admit that he knows nothing about rich people food.

 

 

"It's good to know then. I promise the food here is superb. I specifically chose this place because I'm a fan of the chef. Let's just wait a little bit more because I think they will start serving the food in a few."

 

 

Baekhyun just nodded at that and then an awkward silence followed. Both unsure on how and who should start their next conversation which to be honest was understandable because they were not even friends to start with. They were just two men who ed once after having a surprisingly good time talking with each other over a few drinks at a bar.

 

 

It's obvious no one wanted to start talking. The smaller was just there staring at the flowers Chanyeol gave him earlier that he put on the table while thinking on how he would start getting the answers on all of his questions. While the taller man was running a few ways on how to explain to his date why he suddenly showed up to Baekhyun's workplace unannounced, with a flower and a restaurant reservation exactly on a Valentines day. And as if it was not weird enough, the first and last time he saw the smaller was also the same night they had a one night stand.

 

 

"So, Chan-"

 

 

"I'm sorry-"

 

 

They both attempted to start at the same time that made both of them laugh too.

 

 

"You go ahead, Baekhyun."

 

 

"No, you go first. What is it you wanna say?" The smaller smiled at Chanyeol to encourage him to continue what he wanted to say first.

 

 

"I just want to apologize properly on showing up at your workplace just like that. I promise I did not mean to make you feel uncomfortable or anything. Something happened and I just honestly don't know how to process that and then I saw the name of the building right after I stepped out, just right in front

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter