Chapter 1

Ten Percent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm gonna be honest with you Mr. Park. You have to prepare yourself", their friend, Dr. Oh said while they rush Baekhyun into the operating room.

"W-what do you mean, Sehun?"

Baekhyun was barely on his 8th month. This might be earlier than expected but he read that it's not really impossible to deliver a baby safely during this time.

"Why do you even let him push through with the pregnancy?!"

"I-I don't understand. Whyㅡ"

"What do you mean you don't understand? He still didn't tell you?!"

"TELL ME WHAT?? Can you just fcking tell me why I have to prepare myself?! Is there something wrong?!"

"This pregnancy can cost him his life, Chanyeol. I told him to tell you because this is something you both get to decide. He begged me, he keeps begging me that he needed time. He said this is your dream. To finally be a father."

"Y-yes. We both long to be a.. f-father." Chanyeol said, the last word almost a whisper to himself. 

Tears started to stream down his face. Somehow, he's got an idea of what Sehun was about to say.

"We'll do the best that we can but you have to understand that there's only 10% chance they'll both make it out alive. It's either him or the baby."

And that's the last straw he needed to finally breakdown. He can feel his whole world on the verge of falling apart.

Ten percent. His whole life now depends on that ten percent.

Two painfully long hours had already passed. People were rushing in and out of the operating room but there's still no news as to what was happening inside.

He tried to get an update on Baekhyun and their baby's condition but no one paid attention to him.

How come he's so stupid not to notice that there was something wrong? He should've paid more attention. He should've known that Baekhyun was hiding something from him.

Is this why all those times he accompanied Baekhyun to his appointments with Sehun were kept short and weirdly hurried? There were even times when Baekhyun told him to go outside first as he had something he wanted to discuss with the doctor but was just too shy to do it if he was there.

Everytime he tried to ask Baekhyun about it when they got home, his small husband would just try to divert his attention with something as silly as /Ahhhh. The baby wants some strawberries/ or /I'm tired, my handsome Baby Daddy. I need your cuddles. now/ followed by his cute signature pout.

He was trying to find more signs that he should've noticed before when his thoughts went back to their conversation a few months ago.

//
It was Saturday and they were comfortably seated, oh well, more like curled up against each other while watching one of Baekhyun's favorite afternoon drama. Anyone could tell tho that the pregnant male wasn't really paying attention to it.

"Ok, that's it. Now look at me. Hey..hey..please baby, look at me." Chanyeol held his small husband's sullen but still pretty face between his hands and made Baekhyun look at him. "What's bothering you, hmm?" He then placed a small kiss on his husband's nose.

The smaller sighed. "N-nothing. Maybe I'm just tired."

"C'mon baby. You've been frowning for awhile now. That can't be nothing. What is it?"

The giant then proceeded to adjust their position so Baekhyun was seated in front of him. His husband's back pressed against his chest as he wrapped his arms around him tightly, still careful not to hurt his slightly noticeable baby bump. He was hoping the gesture would make Baekhyun feel that it's safe to tell him everything. That he would listen to whatever it was that's upsetting him.

Chanyeol felt him slightly trembled in his arms as the smaller contemplated on whether or not to ask his husband the question that was bothering him for days now. This, of course, caused Chanyeol to feel more concerned.

"W-what if something happened and you have to choose between me and the baby? Who would you choose, Yeol?"

Chanyeol was clearly surprised and confused with the sudden question. He tried to make Baekhyun face him again so he can properly see his face but the smaller was so adamant to stay with their current position.

"Why would you even ask that, sweetie? Why do I have to choose between you and our baby? Of course I'll choose you both."

"But what if you only get to choose one?" There was a slight hint of despair in the smaller's voice.

"I won't choose, Baek. I'll have you both. Why are you asking me this? You and our little pumpkin are the best thing that ever happened to me. Why would you even make me choose?"

"Just. Choose. Chanyeol!" Baekhyun's tone a bit higher than necessary, frustration clearly evident in his voice.

The said man was taken aback. Why was Baekhyun taking this silly question so seriously?

"Baekhyun, whyㅡ"

"Just answer my question! Dammit!" The smaller of the two was now clearly furious. He even faced Chanyeol as if doing so would prompt the taller to answer him immediately.

"I would choose you, Baek. I would always choose you."

Even though Chanyeol did not understand why this was riling up his small husband so much, he reached out to pull the now shaking Baekhyun back in his arms.

"I don't know why you are so bothered by this but you know I would always choose you, right?" he whispered lovingly near his husband's left ear while rubbing comforting circles on his back.

"No Chanyeol. You- you should choose our baby. Promise me you will ch-choose our baby." Baekhyun sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter