Five

Fall

Five

“ ‘Ma said that I was an easy baby when I finally came out,” Sehun mutters as Chanyeol helps Yoona back into her bed. “The other kids said that ‘Ma had hell when I was still in him though.”

“Then I can’t wait for her to get out,” Yoona huffs and lifts her arms up so that Chanyeol can fix the blankets. “Honestly, why do people get pregnant willingly?  You can’t do anything, can’t eat anything, can’t go anywhere without problems-”

“We get it, Yoona,” Chanyeol chuckles and Sehun hops onto the mattress to join the young woman as well.  Sehun sleeps with her every night now, yearning for a mother figure that Yoona provides well - whether she knows it or not. “If you throw up again, I’ll come back over.”

“Or you can stay and we can watch a movie,” the twenty-six year old suggests and Sehun nods hopefully in agreement.

Chanyeol snorts, flicking off the light as he heads back out to his own bedroom. “It’s late and you both are terrible morning people.  Good night.”

“Killjoy,” he hears Yoona yell, echoing down the hallway before Sehun’s little laugh.

The black haired man chuckles lowly before shaking his head.  Only if Baekhyun were here… The boy had always been clever. If only he would appear at their doorsteps right now.  Surely, they would be out of this painful mess.

Chanyeol would have Baekhyun and they could adopt Sehun into their family.  Yoona can marry Ok Taecyeon and raise their baby together. Sehun would be like an older brother, and they would grow up side by side with the Wu children too.

Baekhyun, where are you?

 


 

“I was thinking something cute like Mina or Naeun,” Yoona mentions as the two of them unpack the shopping bags. “But that would be so weird.  Because I’m a Yoona and you’re a Chanyeol.”

“So?” the man asks as he stuffs the vegetables into the fridge. “It’s a kid.  You get to name them what you want. Perks of being pregnant and throwing up every other hour.”

“Yeah, but it doesn’t fit,” Yoona stresses as if it’s more than obvious. “So I thought that Chaeyoung would work.  You know, Park Chanyeol, Park Chaeyoung.”

“But?”

“It didn’t fit Park Sehun, and that’s the more important part.  We’ll die after a couple of years, but this kid is going to be stuck with Sehun for the rest of her life,” Yoona states and slams the box of hot chocolate mix in the cabinet. “I’m open for any suggestions.”

Chanyeol hums and they spend the next few minutes placing everything else away.  Baekhyun had spoke of baby names before, though they had been in a joking manner.  The wine colored haired boy said that he had liked a name. What had it been?

“Well, did Taecyeon say anything about liking names?” Chanyeol questions when Yoona goes to sit across the counter. “Baekhyun did.  Don’t remember it. Seo, Se, Sun, or something like it.”

Yoona blinks, quiet in thought for a moment before her eyes widen a fraction. “Ah… Maybe?  I’ll have to think about that. Oh, and I should ask Sehunnie too, huh? When is he coming home today?”

“Past four like everyday,” the scientist deadpans as he begins to prep for dinner. “He gets out at four and walks Luhan home.  Is the baby making you forget too?”

Yoona laughs sheepishly. “Just eager.”

Something is off.  Perhaps it’s the half laugh, but Chanyeol notices something that stands out even more.  Her cheeks no longer have their signature pink color. He reminds himself to keep the house temperature higher.  And Sehun wouldn’t mind going shopping to get Yoona a scarf, right?

 


 

“What if they marry in the future?” Yifan asks as Sehun pulls Luhan into a tight hug.

The younger is crying yet again for no reason.  Sehun has grown a lot, leaving Luhan’s short stature behind.  Yet it remains the same. Luhan cries, all hell breaks loose, and then Sehun comes along and shuts him up.

“Do you really want a child with Luhan’s personality and Sehun’s attitude?” CHanyeol chuckles and Yifan grimances.  “Thought so.”

 


 

It’s Christmas and they’re back in Chanyeol hometown to celebrate it.  The Wu family will not be joining them. Junmyeon had just given birth to three healthy babies and is still recovering.  Sooyeon, Soojung, and Jongin are the cutest little things - even Luhan is won over.

Chanyeol dreads it, seeing how uncomfortable Sehun is as everyone stares at him.  Yoona is not faring any better, and he wonders if he can get away with some excuse or another.  With both set of parents always attempting to pry answers out of Sehun, Yoona putting up a snobbish facade to save the boy, and Ok Taecyeon at the corner of Chanyeol’s eyes, he can feel a headache coming.

“Are you sure you want to name-”

“I’ve named my first Sehun,” Yoona cuts her mother off with a blank look, hand Sehun’s slicked back hair. “Sehun and Seohyun go hand in hand.  I have thought about it, and I have decided. My daughter will be named Seohyun.”

“But-”

Chanyeol’s glare ends what his own mother has to say.  The elderly woman’s face goes stoney and she looks away, down to Sehun.  But the boy doesn’t flinch, meeting her glaze dead on.

“It is Yoona’s child,” his father reasons tiredly as he looks. “She should be able to name the baby what she wants.”

“And does it matter?” Chanyeol continues before standing up and helping the young woman too.  Sehun hops off of his own happily, taking Yoona’s free hand. “She will be a Park. That is the name that matters.”


In the corner of his eyes, once again, he can see Ok Taecyeon grimace.  I’m sorry, Ok.  Sorry, Baekhyunnie.  I will explain all of this when we meet again.