02 - Um...

for you and me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Um... - Mino ft. Blue.D

Song w/ Subtitles

 

 

The weather was truly an unpredictable thing. It had been hot and sunny all last week yet when she opened her eyes that morning, it was drizzling and the cold was starting to creep in their unventilated room. She put her hand over the empty space beside her and she felt it grow colder despite the warmth from her skin. Dara didn't like the cold at first, but feeling it so much made her familiar, and she eventually welcomed it. 

 

“It’ll get better.” She cringed at her own words, tasting only bitterness instead of the hope she yearned for. Feeling despondent, she walked over to the window in hopes of a distraction. She grew hypnotized as she marveled at the tiny droplets from the skies with a sort of childlike fascination. When she opened it slightly, she was immediately hit by the earthy smell of the rain and the crisp chill of the summer wind. It was nice, she thought. 

 

The quiet sounds of footsteps caught her attention and she turned to see her husband leaning against the doorway looking at her. His expression was soft as he wore a small smile on his face. Wrinkles were starting to appear on his forehead and a few on the sides of his eyes. Truthfully, she didn't know if those had come from age or stress, but she didn't bother. He whispered a low “good morning” and all she could do was stare at him with concealed surprise.

 

“You’re here.” It sounded more of a question than a statement and she watched how his throat bobbed at her comment. For a moment, they just stood there. They were in the same room but it felt like they were yards apart as they stared at each other in quiet observation. The rain rattled behind her and Dara turned her head to watch it once more.

 

Her husband cleared his throat, “Why wouldn’t I be here?” His words echoed the room, filling the quiet that she’d always been used to until now. She opened to speak but found herself going speechless when he walked closer to grab her hand. It was warm, she noticed, and the fact that her hand was cold wasn’t helping. To her surprise, Dara found herself tightening her hand around his and for a second, she thought that he did the same.

 

They were accompanied by silence as they went downstairs together. Her dim brown eyes dar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter