01 - Dream A Little Dream

for you and me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Dream A Little Dream Of Me - The Mamas & the Papas

Original - Cover - Instrumental

 

 

Sandara Park had a crush. It's been a crush she had when she was just an innocent 7 year old who knew nothing better than allowing such a feeling to grip her like a vice until her early 20s. Thoughts of him kept her up some nights. She remembered him to be a boy who got everyone's attention with his easy smile but quiet disposition. He had a face that could charm anyone but she always thought that he had been too shy to take advantage of it. 

 

Those dreams of him were something that she looked forward to whenever she felt sleep carry her to her Neverland. Visions of him suddenly knocking on her door to surprise her (despite living a thousand miles away) was the dream that came to her the most. The sound of his familiar knock would rouse her dream-self awake and she would hurry to get the door, already giddy just thinking about the possibility that it would be him. 

 

Upon opening her dream-induced door, Kwon Jiyong would appear in all his boyish glory, wearing a shocked but delighted smile on his face. "Dara?" He'd say, almost in a whisper. She would hear the note of pleasant disbelief in his voice and she'd give him the biggest and brightest smile she could muster. 

 

For a moment, Dara would inwardly swoon at the fact that he knew her nickname, when in reality, she didn't think he even knew what her nickname was—maybe he even forgot who she was—but this was her dream so if her knew it here, then he knew it!

 

With Jiyong still caught up in his dazed stupor, her eyes would flutter in surprise while she'd gasp at the sight of him. Inwardly, she'd battle herself about her next step. Should she hug him? Tell him through action that she had outgrown her once secluded cocoon personality, and had become this social butterfly that acted with refreshing authenticity? 

 

In her dream, instinct won and she would throw herself in his arms like a wife that had been waiting for her soldier husband's heroic return. Jiyong would be caught in yet another minute of shock, while she would hug him tighter, liking the feel of how he felt. A grateful smile would appear on her face—too happy to say a peep.

 

His light brown eyes would shift to her, but then his senses would pick up and suddenly, all he could think about was the sweet scent of honey on her hair, the way her body fit seamlessly into his as he slowly wrapped his arms around her, and the feel of her warmth moving towards him. Somehow, he felt as if he was at home. She would remind him of home where laughter, love, and comfort had always welcomed him with a secure hold. Jiyong would embrace her because it felt right, and because it was where he belonged. 

 

After such an emotional reunion, they would catch up, with Dara insisting to take him to all the sights, sounds, and smells of her humble town. He would chuckle a little and agree rather excitedly. They would go on a rendezvous where a montage of them joking, bantering, and flirting would set into motion.

 

Jiyong would see her natural awkwardness and quirky humor as a charm, and he would poke her cheek at one point, whispering to her ear how cute she was. His soft breath would caress her skin like the same gentle murmur that he did. Her cheeks would go flush but her confident dream-self would brush her long hair to the side and flash him a sly smirk that suggested that he was falling.

 

Falling. 

 

Falling.

 

Falling! 

 

The real Dara, who lied face-down on her mattress and let her drool moisten her cheek, twitched with absolute glee and satisfaction at her dream-self's smooth move. 

 

They wouldn't talk about why he was at her town (let alone out of South Korea) in her dream. He would keep his mouth shut about all the trivial things that didn't matter like his degree, his credit score, or his girlfriend. All that mattered was Sandara Park and Kwon Jiyong, alone. There was no room for such redundancy in her fantasy. Everything would be perfect.

 

Instead, they would talk about the good old days of them being in school together when they were children. She would regretfully remember the time that she'd pooped her pants and trailed a brown pathway through the halls. She would laugh along with him but Jiyong would see the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter