Chapter 2 - The Dreams

Best Fried Chicken

Sehun grunted when he felt an arm pulled his face. Damn Jiwon sure have a strong grip “sehun please wake up! Samchon been calling you, you have flight to catch” she said. She know he slept late last night and that’s killing him to woke up early. “I’m sorry, you can catch your sleep on plane later, hm?” she said

He sit down for a bit with his hand messy and everything. He felt her hand combing his hair and sit in front of him “Come on take a bath, I already prepare your bag” she smiled.

“Gumapta wonie” he sighed.

“Pali sehuna”

Sehun finally stand up and took the towel before head to bathroom. While he took a bath she called his father again “Yes samchon he finally awake” she said

“Aiguu gumapta wonie, what would sehun do without you” he chuckled

“It’s not a big deal samchon” she said “I will prepare him a breakfast and everything since he might be fretful” she said

His father let out a hearty laugh, Jiwon has been like a mother hen around sehun ever since they little. It’s about time Sehun married this fine woman.

“Arasho jiwonie, khamashamnia, please tell him Samchon and Imo already on my way eoh” he said and she bid her goodbye.

She quickly prepare a tuna sandwich and make a milkshake. After done she come to Sehun room and saw he already done with his white polo and bermuda jeans. “Did you already pack my lucky tie?” he asked

“Deh sajangnim” she joked

He grinned. He was referring to the tie she got when he will do first time presentation in his internship and success. From that day on, He will overly confident with that tie and always wore that whenever he will do something important.

“Lets go sehun, I already prepare your breakfast so you can have on the way. Mr Lee already downstairs and samchon already on his way” she said

“Argh damn” he grunted “I hate morning flight, remind me to scold appa secretary to book morning flight” he said. She giggle just and quickly pulled his hand before he got into episode of whining.

The road to the airport is silent because sehun spent time for sleeping on her laps while she sometimes talk to Mr. Lee or playing games. They finally make time to airport. His parents scold him a bit and make an apology to disturb Jiwon in early morning but she shrugged it off. They chat until the announcement heard.

“Jiwonie will come to bangkok right on the established day?” Sewhan ask her.

“Yes Oppa, I will come with Ahra Unnie” she smiled.

“Okay, I’ll see your pretty face after 2 days okay? I will pick you up from airport” Sehun said

“Yes sir” she said “Take care hunnah” she embrace him and do the same to his Family.

“Be careful on your way to workplace jiwonah” his mother kiss her cheeks and she nodded.

-

Jiwon has been bit her lips all day long. She didn’t have the urge to tell sehun about it. The one who supposed to be presented tomorrow to client is Chief Kim, but his wife about to give birth tonight and no one else would capable to presented in front of big client like this.

“Ottukeeeeee?” she has flight tomorrow morning but…

Speaking about devil. Sehun finally called her and she immediately pick it up

“Hey” he said “What are you doing? Are you home already?” he asked

“Not yet...”

“Jiwon? Something wrong?” he asked. She finally has to tell him.She sometimes hated how much Sehun know her.

“Sehuna, mianheyo. Chief Kim wife give birth and no one else would capable to replace his position to present in front of our biggest client” she said

Jiwon swore she could heard his breath hard and sighed. “Well what can we do?” he said.

“I’m sorry sehuna, I will took the nearest flight after presentation,okay?” she said

“No” he breathed “Please, you will be super tired and that's the least i want okay?”

She closed her eyes. She know how much this event mean for Sehun. He repeatedly said he will make a speech for her because she is the part of this Oh Jewelry in Bangkok. “I’m really sorry” she sniffed. She never cry before in her work place. So probably people already stare at her weirdly, but she just didn’t care.

“Jiwonie, its okay” he said “Hey ssh” he said tried to calming her even though his heart a bit broken. He really want Jiwon to saw the opening there.

After a while she finally calms and they end the call because Sehun still needs to do something. She read about the slides before opening the website of the plane ticket. But if the meeting held longer her money would be waste and the event probably already done. She put her head on the desk and sobbed. It’s important event for both of them.

“Ji..Jiwona” she hears Minhyuk voice. she hurriedly wiped the tears and look at him “uhm there's a call from Chief Kim” he said.

“huh?” she sniffed and took the call

-

This must be Her lucky day! because she finally got to see the opening. Yes you heard it. Last night chief kim called about the client want to reschedule the meeting and ask about next week. Once hear that, she squeal like a teenager and thank him. She want to make it surprise for Sehun so she’s not telling him.

She arrived at Bangkok around 11 and immediately head to the his hotel.

She grinned when she knock the door. Jiwon purposely wore cap to cover her face in case he peek on the hole.

Once the door open she could hears sehun grunted. Ha! bet who just awake

“SURPRISE!!!!” she said.

Sehun just stand there trying to proceed until he rubbed his eyes “JIWONIE!!!!” he said and hug her “GOSH!!!” he drag her in with her luggage in tow and she giggle like a child.

“yah i thought….”

“they postpone it” she grinned cut him “I’m so happy to be here!” she said

“how did you get here? ah I want to pick you up!” he grumble

“aiguuu” she combed his hair and touch his cheek “that’s what surprise means” she smile.

“I’m so happy you are here wonie” he said lean on her hands.

“I haven’t check in” she pouted

“just use this room with me” he said “we can cuddle hehe”

“yah is this mr COO Oh Sehun?” she teased

“aniya its Oh sehun forever to Ahn Jiwon”

They talk a bit until they heard someone ringing the bell. “it must be eomma! wait here. try to hide!!!” he said grinned and she did hide in his blanket giggling

She hears Sehun open the door and his mother scolded him for being late “You always make Jiwonie wake you up! look when she’s not here tch” Just then his mother notice her luggage and ask sehun “eh isnt that jiwonie’s?”

She finally up and laughing “waaahhh imooo!” she said

“Omo!” she said and come to his bed. Sehun just grinned and open the wardrobe to took his clothes. “aigu uri ddal! sehun said you can’t come because of the presentation?”

“yes, actually the company postponed it” she giggle

“ah I’m so happy you’re here” she kissed jiwon cheeks and the letter just giggle “sehun just put his scowling face since your call he’s been upset about it!” his mother gushed

“ah eomma!” he whined

“ish look at you being baby in front of your future wife!”

Once hear that sentence Jiwon face turning red and just smile. “omma you are so nosy! then stop harassing my future wife!!!” he said

“arasho arasho so temperament” his mother rolled her eyes “ah maja! you want to check in Jiwoni?” his mother ask.

“aniya omma she will sleep here with me” Sehun said proudly.

“aigo poor gongjunim, sehunie must be often kicking you on his sleep deh?”

“ah deh imo, huhu poor me” she said faking crying

“ah I see you guys always gang up on me!”

his mother let out a hearty laugh and stand up “arasho, lets eat lunch on 2 and you!” she point at Sehun “take a bath!” she said and waving a last goodbye she come out from room.

-

She wore her knee length blue midnight oscar de la renta dress. It was gift from Sehun mother last year when she’s birthday. She curling her hair and pin it to her side when Sehun comes out from bathroom. “Wow so pretty” he commented.

She just laugh and keep doing her make up. She saw Sehun just stare at her with that sparkling eyes. Like she is a diamond.

“Jiwonie” he said come closer and touch her “so pretty jinja” he said

She beamed and turn around “Aren’t you lucky?” she said

He nodded quickly and kiss her temple “that I am”

She blushed and tiptoeing to kiss his side of mouth “Pali put on clothes”

He grinned and quickly put on his ironed clothes (thanks to Jiwon) and wore his luck tie. He combed his hair with gel and make his hair updo.

“Aren’t your back cold?” he asked touch her . The dress have a very lower back and wide open collar. The dress hugged her figure pretty tight.

“Its Okay” she smiled “Lets go then sehuna” she said make sure his tie neat and smiled up to him “I’m so proud of you”

He smiled put his hand on her waist and pulled her closer peck her lips “I wouldn’t be here is it’s not with you”

Their eye locked interrupted by knock from his father and with that cue they proceed to ballroom to held a press con and brand launch in Thailand.

-

“Hey” she touch his back and he finally relax. He turn around and hug her tight, burying his face on her chest sobbed. “its okay” she whispered kiss his forehead “You’ve done well, you still makes me proud” she said

Earlier on the venue somehow there’s a problem. It’s too overwhelming, Sehun saw too many flashlight too many eyes, too many hopes, and stare at him like he is a prey. Suddenly a panic attack him. He was thinking this and that. About how about the go bankrupt or something else. He froze on the stage. His brother call him and he woke up from his trance. His hand tremble hard and found his notes on his suit maybe fall because he couldn't find anything.

“M..My… no..notes” he mumble.

Jiwon saw it and hurriedly tell his father. She saw how sweating sehun is. His father finally comes to podium and took the microphone. He whispered its okay son and patted his shoulder motioning him to just come down let him do the opening instead.

Sehun just stunned and felt his hand grabbed by his brother. They walk down from stage slowly. Upon reaching the table. His mother dabbed his sweats and felt her hand covering his. He wants to bawl. He just so ashamed. His parents must be look down on him. Or at least that’s what he thought. He also embarrassed in front of Jiwon, she just flew here to saw his speech but he ruined it. So he excuse himself to his room and left everyone. His mother motioning jiwon to follow him.

And there they were cuddling after take a warm bath and change. “Dad must be dissapointed in me Jiwonah” he sobbed.

“Oh no no” she shook her head. “No Sehunah, he understands it, he will”

“Jiwon I’m so scared what if the business here collapsed and Oh corps will go down as well” he said and Jiwon ust hug him tighter.

“There’s no way like that baby” she said. She only call him baby when he’s down like this.

“Jiwonah, please I want to give up already, I just.. I just”

“Sehuna, have you heard yourself? No don’t give up” she said, her voice quivering. “You build this remember, and I will be here with you every step your way make sure everything will go smoothly” she said

“No.. jiwonah” he take big gulps of air and wiped his tears “I’m just so tired. I just wanna built our chicken restaurant” he said

She smiled. It was their dream since high school. Jiwon is really good at cooking chicken. Their family acknowledge it and urging her to took course as a chef. But her father really want Jiwon become architect so that’s it. She took the architecture. Sehun always said he will build jiwon a house of fried chicken so the whole nation korea know the best chicken.

But as soon as they step into collage their dream vanished. Sehun wants to open restaurant but his father strongly object it. Saying what the use, he can always continue Oh Jewelry.

“You belong here” she smiled “In this world”

“But Hyung can manage it, I just… this is too hard for me wonie, I want to take a rest. I can’t even eat in peace now. My phone will buzz non stop. It’s getting hard for me to continue this” he said. “I just want to continue our dream”

She just shook her head and hug him again “Sehuna, your mind is tired. Its messing. Don’t make decision when you down like this okay? Lets sleep, I’m sure samchon is understand eoh?” she said.

Taking no use talk to her he just nodded and hug her “Don’t leave me” he said

“Where else I would be?” she said and lully him to sleep.

-

She silently sneak out and open the door. There reveal Sehun family and room service to give her a food. Worry is evidencei in their face. She smiled at them and signaling the bell boy to took trolley inside signaling him to keep quiet. “Sehun is sleeping, he cry pretty hard” she explained. “He said you will embarrassed” she said tentatively.

“Aigoo” his mother claps her hand together in worry.

“It's glad Jiwonie is here, if not he might be go blaming himself again” his father said “Eat jiwon, just let him sleep if he needs it” the older man patted her hand.

“Thank you jiwon” his mother smiled “Go rest darling” she nodded and see them after they entered their own room.

She enter the room again and saw Sehun still sleeping. She put the food on the tray and look inside. It was various food of thailand dishes. Her stomach rumble in hungry.

“Jiwonie” she hears his voice from the bed and reaching for her.

“Oh hey” she come closer and held his hand “There’s a room service, are you hungry?”

He nodded and lean on headboard, his head hurt so much. He just thinking of how he will face his parents tomorrow morning. Like he just disappointing them in front of sea of people. Looking at Jiwon pushed the train of food, His heart beat. How can he never loved this girl?

Jiwon would make a great chicken, he know he will make that dream come true, somehow someway.

“Wah, there’s also tom yum” she said “sehunnie favourite” she sit next to him and pulled him up gently “there there, i still be here okay?” she smiled kissed both his eyes.

“Jiwonie, I promise I will build our dream okay? The chicken house, I will make it” he said with determination on his voice “Will you be there with me? Will you believe me?” he asked holding her hands

Jiwon just look into his eyes.

His eyes full of determination

“Forgot about my family and everything, please be there for me jiwon” he said.