Two

Memories

She sips the chicken soup glancing now and then at the male figure who hasn't touch his food . He'd been staring at me for the last 10 minutes. Ignoring his gaze, I look around while muching the chicken meat.

Joo Na could sense the tension in the room, tap on the male's knees. "Eat" she said softly.

Suho oppa starts picking up his green-coloured bowl, drinking the soup leaving the chicken untouched, he wipes his mouth with the back of his hand and continue looking at me.

"Are you still mad at me? I said I was sorry" I wipe my mouth the a wet wipe placed on the table. Joo Na also gave one to Suho to wipe his mouth properly instead of using his back hand.


Suho sighed. 

"Oppa...did you come here to take me to Seoul? You promised before. That the next time you come, you would take me to Seoul" I smile, remembering his promise and finally, maybe he is taking me to Seoul.

"No. You keep making problems, how should I bring you to Seoul? I came here because Joona called me saying you keep making trouble here. Change for God sake, Rian!"

He raised his voice, making me tremble. He rarely gets angry at me. Usually when he's mad, he would speak softly but he would make sure that I get the message. But I know this time it's different.

Joona unnie hold my hand, placing the chopstick that was in my hand, somewhere on the table. "Go take a shower and rest. I have something to say to your brother"


I nod my head as I stand up and walks towards my room.


****************
"Until when should I live like this?" Joona opens , raising her brows as she looks sternly at Suho.

"When will you appreciate my sacrifices, Suho? I'm stucked here because of you" she continues

"Just give me some more time. I'm building live in Seoul and when everything's ready, I'll take you and Rian there with me"

*******************

I'm drying my hair with my hair towel, looking at the vanity mirror. 

My name is Kim Rian. I am 25 years old and living in Jeju Island, South Korea. My brother is Kim Suho and Joona unnie is his girlfriend. But most of them time she will introduce herself as his wife. It's easier to explain that way why she's taking care of me.


Five years ago I got into a car accident that causes me to lose my memory.  I remember waking up from coma and only saw Suho oppa sitting there waiting for me to open my eyes.

I couldn't speak for a month because I couldn't remember anything. Thanks to oppa's non stop tries, I eventually starts speaking again. 

Two weeks later he brought home a woman, his girlfriend as he introduce her. At first she kinda hate me- I think? She barely talks to me and she always give me side eyes. Which is scary.

But now all three of us living together. Somehow Suho oppa works in Seoul, Joona and I are working here in Jeju. Joona unnie works as a nurse in a dental clinic while I'm working 
as a sale assistant in a tourist-famous shopping mall. 

While I'm staring into mid-air, still rubbing the towel on my hair, I hear a knock on the door. "Come in" I turn to the door seeing the older male entering my room.

"Oppa"

"Sit down" he shows the bed asking me to sit down. I sit down as I put the towel on my lap.
"Let me see the scratch".

My eyes widen. It's just a little scratch that the older customer gave as she slapped me in the police station. It stings but it wasn't that obvious.

"No" I cover my cheek with my hand. "It's nothing,oppa. Just a little scratch. It will go away, no worries" 

He put down his hand and gives out a slow sigh. "If it tires you up, you can just quit. I won't stop you. Quit from that horrible job"

"How can I quit? Joona unnie can't work alone. And you're not by our side the whole time. You have to go back to Seoul tomorrow"

"I'm sorry. But I need a little more time for us to live there together. One day, I will take you and Joona together. I know it's hard living here. Trust me, even I don't like it. I just need more time. And everything will be fine" he rubs my head.

****************************************

Standing at the side of the taxi, waiting to get in he looks at Joona with love filling his eyes. "Take care of her when I'm not around" he speaks softly to Joona earning side eyes.

"When did I dont? You love her and I know it. As her sister though" she looks at Suho with wide eyes earning chuckles from the male figure. "I'll call when I arrive. I love you"

"I love you too" Joona kiss Suho and hug him tight as it's hard for her to let go.

"Are you serious about taking her to Seoul? You know what will happen if....-"
Suho stops her as Rian walks out of the house.

"Oppa!!" they both hear the voice of the younger female. "Remember your promise. I'll make sure you keep it the next time you come back home"

Suho smiles. "I know. And I will. Bye Rian" he enters the taxi and as the taxi drives away they both wave their hands.