One

Memories

She tries to open her eyes as her body shakes accordingly to the movement of the vehicle. She could feel her body weakens, she even takes her breath through , gasping for more air to keep herself alive, but she can't move a muscle.

She could see a glance of the driver, a male she assured. The streetlights helped to illuminate the face but the view was blurry. Feeling her energy straining, she falls into a deep sleep.

 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

*5 years later*

She ran as fast as she can after she received a phone call from a place she'd never thought she would ever receive again. She holds her long pink strap handbag, that moved hitting her body because of her frantic movement. Been running for 10 minutes from the bus stop, she finally arrives at the place where she's needed to be. 

She pushes the door open seeing people in grey-colored uniform walking around inside the building. Still panting and taking deep breath of oxygen, her eyes wanders and stops at the view of a young girl lowering her head at the view of her with an older woman who looks like a rich manner-less wretch sitting next to her, folding her arms.

"Where is your sister? Tell her to hurry up before I hit you more! You think you're going to get away with this?! I'm going to make sure that you will pay for everything that happened today, you understand me? You embarassed me in front of those people! I have reputation to take care of! What if this comes up on the tabloid? How will you handle this?!" the older woman screams at the younger female while poking the latter's head few times. Joo Na furrows her brows.

"Yes, ma'am. How may I help you?" a male officer comes to the female asking if she needs any help since people come to the place with various reasons. Filing report, being witnesses and for this case, it's family problem.

"I'm looking for Kim Rian. I received a call about her an hour ago. Sorry I'm late" giving deep bow, she turns her head and walks towards the table where the two female sitting at.

"And you are?" the male officer speaks again.

"I'm her sister. Lee Joo Na" she replies standing behind Rian with her arms folded to her chest, her legs widened.

"Lee?" he raise his brows in wonder. How can they be sister if their surname is different?

 

"Her brother is my husband. Sorry to say but he's not in town for now. Is there any problem?" she explains. Even though what she said wasn't true, but Rian has to accept that one day her big brother is going to marry this woman. So she agrees. Yes, Lee Joona is her sister. Feeling nervous and scared, Rian her lips.

"If that's the case then it's no problem. Well, I asked Ms Kim just now about what happened and she agreed to fill in the form to say that she's guilty. And with that, this older female decided to fine Ms.Kim for the damage she'd done" the male officer explains moodily. Hearing the stupid explanation, Joona widens her eyes while looking at Rian.

 

"Tell me from A to Z and then I'll decide what will happen to my sister"

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's absurd! This older woman obviously broke the thousand dollar vase and she blamed it on Rian. Why should Rian pay for it? And also why should this wretch fine my sister? It's Rian who suppose to fine this ahjumma! Why? Is there no cctv in the store that you blindly believe this wretch's words?!" Joona hits the table, speaking loudly so that everyone in the station knows what happened.

 

Joona pulls the chair of the older woman so that it face towards her. "You listen to me and listen to me good, you fake nose woman! My sister might be a staff there. Just a mere staff but I will not sit quietly if you say she did something that she didn't. Asking her to pay the good amount even when she's innocent? How low can you go? People like you taking chance on people like us makes it more dirty of you than it is for us. Look at me right in the eyes and tell me she's guilty. Try me and right away, I'll go to the store and take their cctv recording. Do you want that?!"

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking out of the police station with a wide smile on  her face, Rian hugs Joona's right arm. "Daebak! How can you do that? I didn't even have the guts to talk like that to her, unnie! Jjangiya!!" she raises two thumbs up to Joona.

"I know you don't lie. If you really guilty then I should let you pay for that vase. But you're innocent, right? I should back you up. Plus, you can tell about today to Suho oppa so that he know this girlfriend of his is not like any other" she grins.

"And you should have back yourself up! Back then you were like a tiger. People were scared of you that they never want to mess with you."

 

"I was?"

Joona looks a her with a blank look.

 

 

"Let's eat tteokbokki. I'll pay" Joona walks quickly upfront