What is the reason?

Like Me / Like Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey, so thank you so much for subscribing. Chaesoo is really an underrated ship tho they cute :(

Well, I actually planning to just make this one short since I'm afraid I can't update this one regularly, so... at least 2 chapters left before this short fic is completed.

I hope you enjoy this story.

Lastly,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSIE <3

 

Time has changed, it has been a week since our first meeting and ever since we met at the library, I tried my best not to go to the library. Tried my best to avoid Chaeyoung. I don’t know why I'm so afraid to see her again; even though she made me promise to her—I’m sorry, Chaeyoung. It’s better if we don’t know each other. 

I’m gazing at the clock, it’s almost lunch break, I close my book as I turn my head to see Lisa that is busy with her rubik’s cube. I slapped her arm so she winced in pain. 

“Aw, what was that for?” She whispered. 

“Nothing. I just like to see you in pain, like this” 

She snorted as she rolled her eyes but that’s only for a second until she gasped and exclaims, “Jennie! I have to go chasing my life” She said as she left me in a flash. 

My jaw dropped as I follow Lisa’s step, “What the ?” I rolled my eyes and later collect my books. When I turn my body, there is something blocking me—or should I say, someone. 

I tilt my head up to see this cute giant in front of me—who would have thought that Park Chaeyoung can be this tall when she’s standing right in front of me. 

“I’ve been waiting for you at the library but you didn’t come back to meet me. Why?” She said, “And don’t you dare lying to me because I know you’re avoiding me” 

“I- Um” 

“I just... Everyone is dying to get to know me and here you are—avoiding me” 

So, she knew. Yep, I know I can be stupid sometimes but I never thought that she really wants to know me more after our last meeting. 

“I’m sorry, Rosie. I didn’t mean to, I thought you didn’t mean it when you said you want to see me again” 

“Why do you think so?” She asked, crossing her arms to her chest. 

“It’s because... I don’t know... You just don’t want me to feel bad?” 

She clicked her tongue, “Is that what you think I am? Is it because I'm popular that you think I'm kind of someone who can easily take people for granted?” 

“I...” 

“Listen, Jisoo. I owe you because you saved me last time. At least, let me treat you something or anything you want” She cuts my word, I listen to her words. It's like she casted some kind of spell on me; it’s like I'm being hypnotized. 

I shook my head, “No, Rosie. You don’t get it. I helped you is not because I want something in return. I really want to help you because I want to—and also, your beautiful eyes might lie to everyone when you said you were okay but not to me—because I've seen that kind of eyes before. The despair in your eyes. You need someone to help you and I did-” 

“You don’t know anything about me! I was wrong about you, I guess. Well, have fun with your boring life” She said sarcastically, I think I did make her angry or even hates me now. Congrats, Jisoo, you just made your crush hates you.  

I only smiled at her. 

When she rolled her eyes and turn her body so I face her beautiful back, I said, “If that ain’t true, you don’t have to be that pissed on me, Rosie...” 

She stopped her step for a merely seconds before she walked away faster. 

It is better this way. Better if we just ignoring each other existence—well, only her while I will still be admiring her afar.  

Maybe you were wondering why I did this. Well, I don’t think we will work out even as a friend. Just look at us? Our world is very different. I hate the crowds and I feel better when no one’s with me—Lisa is the only exception though. 

What about Rosie? Well, she’s very popular and living around the crowds—she gets used to it while I never. I never want to be a center of attention. This is my world and I’m enjoying it. 

I sighed as I walk away; leaving the classroom. 

This is the best way... 

Right? 

-- 

 

But hell, I never stopped thinking about her.  

Her eyes and how she looked so fierce when she looked at me; her tall yet small figure that was standing in front of me... Her beautiful voice when she talked—or even pissed at me. 

Did I do the right thing? 

By the way, Lisa hasn’t calling me since she barged out of the classroom to chase Jennie. This is such an unusual behavior that she has. She usually never stopped invading my personal space, but now? I honestly can’t with her, when she wants something, she has to get it—in this case, she really wants to get to know Jennie and you guess what will she going to do. 

I reach the door knob, surprisingly, it didn’t lock. Lisa is so careless with this kind of thing. She always forgot to lock back the door even though I always remind her about this but her stupid brain won’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter