Moving Out

Silent Sails 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reality/Fluff/A very quick drabble/On Yongguk's solo move-out

 

 

Yongguk was the first one to move out of the dormitory. Everyone just accepted it with a self-supplied reason that he needs a more private space for creative thinking. Well, Yongguk didn’t say anything to deny it. It’s true. But it’s not the entire reason.

 

Firstly and lastly, 6 men in a dormitory is just too much of stinking masculinity.

 

And secretly, moving out means he can spend time with his baby without reservations. 

 

Like how they can snuggle up against one another on the couch before the TV  without worrying about somebody seeing them on a late night venture to the kitchen; Like how they can touch each other freely, just a hold of the wrist or a touch of the cheek without having to pretend it was of some reason; Like how they can sleep on the same bed without having to sneak through the corridors in the darkness and worrying about not waking up early enough to go back to their own beds— If there’s an explanation why Daehyun’s always the earliest to wake up amongst them, it’s probably this.

 

Right now, Daehyun’s enjoying the heat of Yongguk’s thigh against his own draped over the man’s lap, swinging his leg back and forth unconsciously as he leans against Yongguk almost like a needy boneless slug with his eyes plastered on the television. Yongguk thinks he looks like a six-month-old baby, all curiosity and interest reflecting in large bright eyes.

 

Except that he’s just a twenty-four-year-old man who’s living a free life ever since they’ve become senior enough to have no company enforced curfew in their new larger, but still small, dormitory. 

 

He still litters the couch with the chips he keeps stuffing into his mouth as his eyes remains glued to the TV. It’s as if his hands and eyes are governed by different brains, Yongguk muses. It’s cute though.

 

He ruffles a hand through Daehyun’s freshly washed hazel locks, satisfied by the softness rubbing against his skin and the waft of scent that comes through the air towards him. He dips his nose onto Daehyun’s scalp and inhales the scent of the younger man, feeling extra warm and secretly a little aroused. But he has got to control himself, he thinks as he threads his slender fingers through Daehyun’s hair freely. Daehyun’s gotten more tired than usual recently with the growing workload and hectic schedule. 

 

Speaking of which, he’s supposed to be in bed now.

 

Yongguk glances up at the clock for the fifth time in the past half an hour and squeezes his lover’s waist gently.

 

“It’s twelve. Time to sleep.” He mumbles into Daehyun’s nape, adding a kiss before lifting his face to check the younger’s face for a response. As expected, his six-month-old baby is still glued to the TV. What a stubborn child. Yongguk rubs a finger over the smooth cheek and mock-bites it.

 

“Yah, what are you doing!” The younger jolts away, lifting the bag of chips from his lap and shuffles to the other end of the couch.

 

Yongguk is just amused by that childish whine. Having lost his warm, scented pillow, Yongguk beckons its return. He tugs on Daehyun’s arm, craving for physical touch and attention but it appears that his charm is no competition for the TV show. Bored and sleepy, Yongguk leaves Daehyun alone and goes into the bathroom to wash up. He’s ready for bed but his visitor slash long term guest is not.

 

“Daehyun-ah.” He calls his name with that sternness he always uses on the boys when he switches to his hyung persona.

 

“Mm?” Daehyun turns back with wide eyes, blinking back the fatigue from television-watching while still holding a chip next to his lips and Yongguk feels defeated. The scary voice doesn’t work on Daehyun anymore, because that little imp knows he never means it when he’s doing it to him. He’s become a giant fool.

 

“Slee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter