Chapter 2 : Help

Warm
  • Chaeri's POV  

"Help me! Help!" I screamed. It was all dark. It was pitch black that I couldn't ever see anything. But there's one thing for sure. Someone is touching me. 

"Chaeri!" 

Oh. Mom! She was crying! I could hear her crying loud and clear but I couldn't see where she was. 

"Mom!" I cried. "Mom, I'm here!" And then I heard the sound of glass being shattered. 

"Mom!" 

"Come. Let me help you." Someone suddenly offered me his hand. And his hand look so small yet so warm. Just by slightly touching it, I feel warm. I feel save. 

"Hold my hand. Quick!" 

Just as I was about to hold his hand tightly, he disappeared into thin air, as if he never existed. 

No! No no no! Don't go! Please don't go!

"Chaeri? Chaeri!" 

Oh! Who's that? Help me! Help me please. 

I turned around all over, looking for the owner of the voice. 

"Help me, please!" 

"Chaeri!" Help....

"Chaeri!" I finally opened my eyes. I was sweating all over. I breathed heavily. 

"Hey." Someone touched my arm. I was too shocked that I slapped his hand away. 

"Ahhh!" I was shaking hard that I couldn't ever think of anything. I closed my eyes tightly and covered both my ears with my hands. 

I don't wanna hear anything. I don't wanna see anything. Please. Just leave me. Leave me alone. 

"Chaeri. Hey." He tried to hold my hands and try to pry it away only for me to push him away harder. Yet, he managed to keep his grip on me. 

"It's okay, you're save now. Don't worry, you're okay now." 

His hands.. It feels so familiar. It's the same warmth. The exact warmth that I've been seeking for and I found myself starting to calm down. 

"Hey. Look at me." He cupped my face so softly and wiped my tears away. I didn't even realize I was already crying. 

I opened my eyes and met his warm ones. They looked so warm. They were brown in color and they looked so calming. They were so beautiful..

... and warm. 

Why is everything about him so warm? 

"You're save now. Trust me. You're save. I'm here." He carressed my cheeks. 

I just stared at him. I don't know. I just felt so safe I didnt even want him to let go. 

His hands moved to my shoulders. "Now breathe in." I followed him, taking a very deep breath. "Out." He started drawing circles on my shoulders with his thumbs. And I should admit that it was indeed soothing. My body relaxed almost instantly under his touch.

Wait.. Wait.! Why am I not shaking? 

I looked at him, all confused. He was touching me but I felt nothing like I always did. 

"Wait. I'll get you some water." He let go of me and his warmth was instantly replaced with coldness, I almost shivered. He went out and left me alone. 

Wait.. What is happening? Is he the same guy? I'm pretty sure that was the same hand. The same warmth.

It's him, right.?

My eyes started tearing up as the memory flashed right in front of my eyes. No. Stop. I was supposed to be okay. No. I need to be okay. I can't be like this. I'm not supposed to be weak like this. I learnt taekwondo not for nothing. 

I tried to calm myself down. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply. It was suffocating and I felt so weak. With each breath getting shorter and shorter, I clenched the comforter tighter. 

I need to calm down. Please. 

"Hey hey." 

He touched my hand. "You okay? What's wrong?" He rubbed my back softly. 

"Breath, Chae. Breath." 

His hand. Again. 

"Calm down. Relax, Chae." 

I nodded. 

"Wait. Let me grab some papers and a pen for you. Real quick." 

I grabbed his hand tightly. 

"Don't leave. Please."