Chapter 1 : Him

Warm

It was cold that day. It was freaking cold that even being in several layers of clothes can still kill. 

She tightly wrapped the long coat around her body to lessen the cold. She walked through the alley she always used every morning on her way to college. there weren't too many people that day. It was indeed quiet as the sun had yet to rise. 

"Hey, Chaeri." Her classmate greeted her as they bumped into each other at the gate. Chaeri backed off a lil bit. She then just nodded her head, acknowledging his presence. 

"you could've smiled a little, you know?" He pouted. 

Chaeri just shrugged it off and walked away. She sighed, getting sick of people early in the morning. She just wanted at least one peaceful day without anyone talking to her but yeah, that would be impossible. 

There he is again. at the same exact place. 

Her face softened. Not so far in front of her, on the beach beside the garden, there was a boy sleeping ever so soundly. She sighed. Glancing at her wrist, she stared at her watch ticking. 

6:59am.

3. 2. 1. 7:00am.

At the exact moment, the boy woke up sitting straight. He yawned and stretched his body. He ran his hand through his hair, trying to fix it back to look at least presentable. He then fixed his padded jacket, wrapped it tighter against his body and grabbed his bag before walking away. 

The exact same routine everyday. Not a single day was missed. And it's been a month now since she started noticing him. And that was exactly what he did everytime she saw him in the morning. He didn't even late even one second. He would wake up at exactly 7.00am. And that was just amazing at how consistent he is. 

Not wanting to waste her time, she continued to walk to her class. Well. It was early. Too early to be honest, it's not like she wanted to be this early, she just hate being at home. So she went to college early instead. 

"Chaeri!" Someone called her from behind. "Wait up." 

She sighed. Turning around, a girl running towards her appeared in her sight. 

"I need you to sign this." The girl handed her a sheet of paper. 

"Please. Be our model. We are really desperate this time. You are the only one that suits the concept. Please, Chaeri. We need you." 

She shook her head, indicating a no. The girl sighed. 

"Why can't you just help us? It's not too much of a favor." 

She bowed his head a little and handed back the form. 

Sorry, she mouthed. 

Why is she so persistent? I thought she would actually give up after all the rejections. 

"Fine. Sorry to disturb you. I'll be going first." The girl smiled at her and walked away. She just nodded her head, not knowing how to react. 

What an eventful morning. She sighed. 

How many times have I sighed today? 

-- 

Her classes ended and she quickly cleared up her things, putting them into her bag. 

I'm so tired. I wanna sleep. 

She walked through the same alley she used that morning. 

"Hey, cutie? Where are you going?" Some guys tried to talk to her. "Come play with us for a second, would you?" There were 3 of them, smirking while staring at her body. 

She just ignored them yet noticing how quiet the alley was. There was basically no one there. 

Please, no more. I'm too tired to deal with anyone today. But this is weird. Where is everyone?

As she was about to walk pass them, one of them pulled her wrist. 

"Playing hard to get huh, princess?" 

She twisted his hand behind his back and pushed him away from her. 

"Rough. I like." He laughed as he stumbled. 

Her body started to tremble. 

Please. Not now. Hold on a little bit. 

She glared at each one of them. Her eyes were on fire. She tightly balled her fists, trying to suppress both her anger and fear. 

"Don't make it hard for us, baby girl. Or we will go hard on you too. " The one with slightly long hair said. He charged towards her, trying to pin her against the wall. 

She managed to kick his stomach before he can even lay his hand on her. 

She glared harder, warning them to stop. She saw one of them nodded his head and before she can even do anything, someone took both her hands, locking it behind her with one hand before wrapping another one around her waist. What worse was he secured his hand under her blouse, squeezing the side of her waist tightly. 

! Not there. 

She closed her eyes for a second while struggling to escape from his arms. Her eyes were tearing as her breath got shorter. 

"Stop." She tried to say it out loud yet it came out as a whisper. 

"Oho, begging now, lil girl?" The guys laughed. The first guy came closer and pulled her hair. "We told you not to play hard, didn't we?" He then traced his finger down her face, her neck and stopped right on the button of her blouse.

"Ahh!" She shouted, only to get slapped hard on her right cheek. "Shut up!" 

"Now keep quiet and let me see what's under this shirt huh." He smirked. 

The long-haired guy was now kissing her ears. 

Please. Someone, help me. Please. Save me. Just please. I'll do anything. 

"Help!" she shouted with every little energy she had left. This time it came out loud and clear. 

"! I said shut up!" he punched her on the stomach and it was enough to make her all dizzy. 

Just when he was about to snatch the blouse off of her, the long-haired guy beside him was sent flying. 

"Let her go." A voice warned them. 

"Fck! Who the heck are you? Do you wanna die?" the first guy groaned, turning around to see whoever the hell that disturb his moment. 

"You'll be the one dying first." he kicked the first guy on the face, causing him to fall hard on the ground. 

"Me? Park Jimin." he stepped on the guy's stomach, hard enough to make him cough out blood. 

"Still not letting her go?" He turned around asking the one who was still holding onto her. 

". I'm sorry. Let me go, please." His eyes widened as he let go of her, pushing her towards Jimin. 

"I give you 10 seconds." He said as he caught her. 

"Soochan, let's go. That's Park Jimin, we can't win against him." The guy helped both his friends up.  

"5." 

The three of them ran out of the alley. They didn't even look back. 

"Miss? Miss?" he lightly tapped her cheek. 

"Hel-" She held his hand tightly.

"Chaeri!" was the last thing she heard before everything turned black. 

And that hand.. That hand is so warm.