One

Three corgis and the sunset
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every afternoon, Yongsun would walk her 14-year-old mini schnauzer in the park 3 blocks away from her apartment.

Even though Jjin Jjin was presenting some signs of age, that dog was her priority.

The woman had spent half of her life spoiling and taking care of that little, soft, furry female animal that was like her sister and daughter altogether.

Yongsun was a homebody, introverted to the point she didn’t even know her next-door neighbors.

The only real friends she had were Wheein and Hyejin, a couple who had moved to Amsterdam 3 years before, and Chorong, who happened to be her dentist.

The beautiful girl hadn’t had a date in almost 5 years. Not due to a lack of candidates, but because she kept rejecting them.

Apart from her love for her profession and her pet, there was nothing in particular that would wake her passion.

Yongsun was thinking about what she was gonna have for dinner when suddenly something caught her attention. Actually, not something but someone.

For the last 3 weeks, she kept seeing this mysterious guy always wearing a different cap that covered his face and a huge coat that made it even more impossible to see anything about his physical traits.

Although these things could make anybody get curious about the stranger, what really grabbed Yongsun’s attention was the cute corgi the guy kept bringing to the park.

The duo passed by her at a fast speed this time and she had to go back to her thoughts about food.

___ x ___

It was already Friday. Or as Yongsun liked to repeat: It was finally Friday!

She had been walking around the park for more than 2 hours and her legs started to hurt a little.

When she turned to call Jjin Jjin to follow her to a bench, her heart almost jumped from her chest. The dog had vanished.

Yongsun couldn’t keep calm and tears fell immediately.

She made an effort to remember from which direction she had come and when was the last time she saw her loved pet.

Having no other option, the woman pushed herself to walk back all the way and look in all directions, hoping for the better.

After 30 minutes of wandering around, Yongsun saw the corgi guy come in her direction. Only this time, he had 3 of those cute pies on the leash and a small package in his arms.

Yongsun got so distracted by the fact one of the corgis was just a little puppy that she failed to notice the cap guy was standing just 2 meters away from her.

__ Hi, I think you lost someone.__ The guy spoke with a very warm and deep voice. Except it was not a guy.

Yongsun stared in shock at the person who spoke to her and finally saw a face. Even though the cap was covering the eyes,  it was possible to see a delicate and well-cut jawline and a cute mouth in the shape of a triangle.

That was a woman. A very charming and handsome woman. And she was holding Jjin Jjin as if she was her own baby.

Yongsun picked her little one carefully and replied while crying:

__ Thank you so much! I thought I was never gonna see her again...

The girl affirmed in a caring way:

__ It’s okay! Everything will be alright! It’s common for a dog her age to have crumps. It was not your fault. They are all so sneaky and small that we can lose them once in a lifetime.

__ Are you a vet? You seem an expert.

The female smiled, and Yongsun felt weird.

__ Nah, actually having a lot of dogs has increased my knowledge of the topic. Besides that, I’m a doctor. So I recognize some symptoms.

The long, dark-haired woman exclaimed sarcastically:

__ A doctor walking dogs at the park in the middle of the afternoon? Yeah... right!

__ Hahahahaa I understand you don’t trust my word. However, I work with private practice. So I can control my schedule. Plus, these babies can’t come to the park by themselves. 

Yongsun soften

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter