three // aurora

아름다운 느낌 // beautiful feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

aurora
(n.) dawn

A   S E O   J I S O O   S H O R T

"And then mother was hysterical and she chased poor Sunyi to the shed to tend to the horses!"

The not so little boy ran about, reenacting the scene that took place yesterday at the dinner preparation. He paused to look at his friend who was sitting on a rock, gazing down at the village below that was still covered in darkness with the crescent moon sitting proudly in the sky.

"Hey Jisoo, are you listening?"

"Hmm?"

Jisoo, his friend, turned around to face the little boy who had this hands on his hip, sporting a royal frown. As she did so, her long fiery locks (one that greatly resembled the sun) bounced past her shoulders.

Giving a small smile, she asked, "did Sunyi managed to go back to her post?"

"Mmm," he thought hard and long. "I'm not sure. I guess I'll have to see later at breakfast!"

"I hope you'll see her at breakfast."

"If only you could come over," he pouted. "I could play with you all day."

"You very well know I can't."

"I know, but it doesn't make sense at all!"

Jisoo chuckled. "And which part doesn't make sense, little one?"

He thought long and hard, with one arm across his chest and the other resting on it; his hand under his chin, with his fingers doing little taps on his chin. As he hummed harder, so did the creases crinkle harder on his little forehead.

Looking upon him with loving eyes, like that of a mother, Jisoo asked, "what's my name, little one?"

He stopped staring at the ground and raised his head.

"Jisoo," he answered.

Sending him a playful frown, she asked again, "what's my name, little one?"

"Aurora."

She nodded.

"And aurora means?"

The little boy didn't respond, for he knew the answer. His father, the King, had ensured professors taught him in his tutoring lessons. His mother, the Queen, had always reminded of the legends. His servant, Sunyi, had often told him of wonderful tales she had heard from her grandmother.

It was time. He kept his eyes intently on his friend. He had seen it before but it was still amazing each and every time it happened, as much as it was disappointing because it signalled the end of playtime.

The fiery-haired lady was now standing and gazing beyond the east. Closing her eyes, she breathed in deeply and stretched her ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter