Ch 2

Highlight

Kim Seokjin was pretty tired after the day he’d gone through. A parent had held him an hour after the last bell, resulting in him, the principal, and the instructional coach nearly having to call the police. All he’d done was given the kid an F for not turning in a paper. Seokjin was really patient with grading, the kids were only Kindergarteners after all. Usually, he gave participation grades, and extra credit if a student got everything correct or did extra work. However, he couldn’t just give a student a grade for doing nothing, but apparently, his mother thought differently. Helicopter parents.

Seokjin had still gotten home before Namjoon, of course. There wasn’t a single day where that wasn’t the case, with the exception of Seokjin deciding to stop and get dinner, and getting groceries instead.

He had taken his time alone to go ahead and make seaweed soup. It smelled good, and he smiled, proud of himself. He was about to take a bite to make sure everything was perfect when he heard the rattling of keys and the door handle. He peeked across the wall of the kitchen, watching the door open. Namjoon entered, wearing a black coat. He shut the door behind him, setting his bag down on the bench by the door. “Welcome home, love.” Seokjin smiled and his husband took his coat off. “Thanks, baby.” Namjoon smiled at him, and he swore that after two years, it still gave him butterflies.

 

“So how was this appointment? Any better?” Hoseok asked Yoongi as he headed to the kitchen to get a cup of soda.

“Yeah, actually,” Yoongi responded from the couch. Hoseok froze, almost dropping the can he was holding.

“Really?” He continued pouring the drink after a couple seconds. Yoongi had gone silent, it seemed. Hoseok grabbed his cup and headed back to the living space. “Sorry if I was pestering you.” He sat next to his roommate on the couch.

Yoongi glanced up from his phone. “Don’t worry about it, I’m just tired. But yeah, this guy was okay.” He looked back down, crossing one leg over the other.

Hoseok the television, flipping through the channels before settling on a drama. “That’s great!”

“I guess, yeah. I have another appointment next week at the same time.” Yoongi shrugged.

Hoseok whipped around. “Yoongi, that’s awesome! I’m glad you finally found someone.”

Yoongi smiled a bit. “You’re more excited than I am.” He shook his head.

“Always. I AM your hope.”

 

“I swear, you’d think these parents were the real Kindergarteners, with their temper tantrums. Honestly, how are they even somewhat fit to be parents?! If I had that temper I wouldn’t even be able to handle you!” Namjoon watched as Seokjin’s arms flew around and his face became a dark shade of pink. A smile tugged at his lips as he forced himself to sit through his husband’s rather uninteresting story, focusing more on how cute he was. It was one of Namjoon’s favorite parts of any day, sitting there and telling each other about how the day went for them as they ate whatever one of them (usually Seokjin) had prepared.

“So, how was your day?” Seokjin looked over, putting another forkful of vegetable rotini in his mouth. Namjoon looked up, thinking (like always) how to talk about his day while keeping doctor-patient confidentiality.

“I have a new patient,” He said, looking back at his husband. “He’s not gonna open up any time soon.”

“I guess you’ll have to activate your magic therapist skills and... force him into a false sense of security!” Seokjin attempted an evil laugh, which failed miserably.

Of course, Namjoon found that adorable. He smiled, raising an eyebrow at Seokjin. “Or I could just treat him respectfully and wait ‘til he’s ready to talk.”

Seokjin nodded, considering that option. “Ah, yes, you could always do that too.”

Namjoon smiled at Seokjin’s reaction. “Of course, nothing I could do would ever be nearly as amazing as your mere suggestions,” He joked. He loved fueling Seokjin’s cockiness, even if it was sarcastic.

Seokjin posed, trying to show off his visuals. Of course, Namjoon always thought he was gorgeous. For the hundredth time that night, he smiled fondly, his heart warm.

 

“Udon? Again?” Yoongi gave Hoseok a look of distaste.

“You can starve if you’d like.” Hoseok shot back. Yoongi simply shrugged and started toward his room. “What, hold up,” Hoseok grabbed Yoongi’s should slightly. Yoongi turned back to him. “I was joking. You need to eat.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes but grabbed a bowl anyway. He knew Hoseok was looking out for him. Hoseok put some noodles in both of their bowls.

Despite Yoongi’s complaining, he had to admit the udon smelled amazing, as always. Hoseok was a skilled cook, and well as a skilled dancer, musician, and comedian. He was always able to be the color in the room, and as much as Yoongi pretended to find it annoying, it was one of the many things he loved about Hoseok, and he loved the man so much - platonically, he insisted to himself anyway. They always looked after each other, they were like brothers. That’s it. No romance whatsoever.

Of course, Yoongi was okay with that, preferred it even. Romance would be nothing but a bother. Actually, he frequently thought to himself about how glad he was that he and Hoseok were just friends. Was that a weird thought? Well, at least now he had something to discuss next week, during his meeting with Dr. Kim.