Chapter 2

๐•ธ๐–”๐–”๐–“๐–‘๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–๐–™ ๐•ฟ๐–๐–Ž๐–Š๐–‹
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Jennie~

"NOW!" I shouted as Chaeyoung leaped out of the bushes and had a vine of thorns ready to swing at the attackers. "Princess, hide." I shakily said. However, looking over to where Jisoo was supposed to be. I only saw the darkness of the trees. "Princess?" I said, "Princess!" As Chaeyoung fought the men, I quickly looked around. "Lisa! Enemy to your right! thirty-seven degrees!" Jisoo dashed through the dirt. The knife clenched in her skin, as it was painted in red. As it sliced through the skin, clean. The Thai princess, however, pushed the men off her. Cutting their thighs, making it more difficult to move. "Well do not just hang around! Help out Jennie!" Chaeyoung shouted, quickly turning around to punch the up-coming attackers. "Jisoo! Your turn!" Most of the attackers were dead, and or too weak to move.ย 

Lisa pushed her attacker to Jisoo, now she was dealing with two people. I grabbed my dagger and was about to aid Jisoo, however, "Jennie, focus on the other girl!" I nodded, running towards Chaeyoung. "Chae! Incoming! Ambushing man! Behind you!" I pointed out, she turned around to attack the man. But, her weapon was thrown. Quickly, I ran and dashed. Angling my blade, I sliced his throat in one run. The blood gushed out, as he fell to the ground. "Two more. The princess'."ย 

"Don't worry! She is capable of handling it." The blonde shouted. Turning around. I saw Jisoo, who weakened her enemies to a state were they were out of breath. There, she slashed the men with great precision and accuracy. With my knowledge of the human body. Cutting nerves and veins. If possible.

The two fell,ย dead. All I heard were the groans of pain and the crickets chirping at the dead of night. Being that there were people, dead, on the ground. "Well, I have never seen a princess fight like that." I crossed my arms. Staring at her. However, she did not say a word. Only a faint grin could be seen. There was one left, weak, and he couldn't move due to his injuries.

Jisoo slowly made her way towards the man. Bleeding out on the ground. Stomach faced to the dirt. And his hand resting in front of him. "Now, I must ask of a favor, or, favors. And if you oblige I might consider helping you out with your wounds. Giving a chance to live." He was silent. "Fine. What do you want"

"Who are you guys and why did you attack us? Give me everything." Her voice was cold. Colder than before. Before anything was said, he paused. "We areย part of an organization. The Shadows of the Sins. We were given orders to kill you. And I thought we would get a bonus for bringing the Thai princess and you two. So we ambushed." His voice became more frail. Coughing. "But, that backfired. Boss will not be so happy about this."

"Who is your boss." Jisoo asked. Kneeling down,ย grabbing his messy hair. "Like hell would I tell you." Jisoo released his hair. Letting his head fall to the ground. "That question was part of the favors. And you did not oblige." Is it me? Or can her words have the effect of medusa and turn people into stone. "However, I will help you." The man's eyes gleamed. "By ending your suffering." She grabbed her weapon and slowly dragged the blade through his left calf, as he screamed in pain and agony. Giving him deep cuts on his back. "Lisa, hand me some poison ivy." She demanded. Lisa, who had some gloves with her, walked to the area with the poison ivy and grabbed a handful. Handling them with care. "Here."

Jisoo grabbed her gloves and received the poison ivy. Opening his mouth, she shoved one vine in his mouth. Forcefully closing it. Then, with the deep cut in his back. She opened the wound, and slipped a leaf into the wound. How the hell is he still alive? "I shall wait for your wounds to cause your death. Being that the ivy was not cleaned, who knows about how you will die." He continued to scream from the stinging pain. However, they were muffled from the ivy. If he's still alive, then I'm engaged to my lover.

His screamed quieted down, quieted down to nothing. Jisoo simply just walked off. Only but a small grin. Chaeyoung and I only watched, shocked from what we saw. Lisa had hints of surprise on her face, as she ran to catch up to Jisoo. Hesitating, I ran to Jisoo. Chaeyoung also followed,ย falteringly. "Sorry you had to see that." Lisa sighed, Jisoo only continued to walk, until we couldn't see the ice princess anymore. "Sometimes she can be a bit, over the top?" She questioned her own words, "If I did not mention, she can be brutal and ruthless. Always finding ways to loop things back around." Fiddling with her thumbs, we quietly listened to Lisa's explanation of Jisoo. "Don't get me wrong, however. She is really fun to be around. Sometimes she can be really playful. And I know you just saw how cold and brutal Jisoo is. But she is really caring, Jisoo just prefers to hide it."

"Well, I have never seen precious princesses fight like elite soldiers and assassins." I said, crossing my arms. "Same here, mind telling us about this? Lisa." Lisa's cheeks lit up to Chaeyoung saying her name. "W-Well, we have been sneaking out and practicing our skills since we were kids. Whether we were an ocean away, we would still practice. Sometimes, we would sneak and hide to watch the elite guards train."

"Really?"

"Well, I would watch the elite guards more and Jisoo watches the elite assassins and their training. There is more to this story, however, it may be harder to explain with the time being." Time being? What does she mean? "What do you mean?" My rose-haired friend said. "I need to meet with my father soon. Speaking about that. I need to go!" After all that? And this happened in such a short amount of time.ย 

ย 

After a quick talk with Chaeyoung, that lasted at least twenty-minutes, I went back to the willow tree to see it once more. Before I go back home. Chaeyoung, however, went to the opposite direction to collect an item then go back to her vast estate. Her estate that she will inherit------Just one more look. One more lookย  before I cast the moon a farewell for the night. I thought, walking over to the path of dirt and stone.

ย 

The world distorted. The trees were brighter. 'Tisย day, was it not night before? The path didn't have the same pebbles, same prints. Actually, no prints. Confused, I decided to continue to the willow tree. "Jen-Jen when will they come?"

"I do not know Chae-Chae."ย Jen-Jen? Chae-Chae? Those were names from when we were... Twelve... Who were they? When did this happen? I don't remember this. Why are they waiting? Did this ever happen?ย Questions came like a dam that gave out from currents of a river. Chaeyoung wore casual clothing that still says "Hey, I have some money", being that her parents sometimes force her with expensive clothes. Me, or, little me, wore a white shirt and gray pants. "Jennie-Unnie! Chaeyoung-Unnie!ย We made it!" Lisa said, with a worried face. Only noticeable with enough attention.ย "Yah! Lalisa! Slow down! Unlike you, I have short and stubby legs!"

"Well have your legs grow longer Jisoo-Unnie!" Lalisa? Jisoo-Unnie? "Yeah! Like that is possible for a human like me!" The two girls stopped, right in front of younger Chaeyoung and I. "Princesses."ย We playfully said to the younger royalties. Is this real? "So, as seen, we have been having the same problems." Jisoo said, crossing her arms like a sassy girl.ย  "Well, let us address this situation. Each of us will explain our "complications". Starting with Lalisa, to Chaeyoung, to Jennie, then me."

"Well, if we are starting with me, then here is my problem------I might have been accidentally setting things on fire." Lisa bluntly said, not bothered by the fact. "Yeah, you still owe me a new pillow made out of cotton." Jisoo mentioned. The hell? How the can ten-year-old Lalisa set things on fire? And how in the living do the maids or something let her hold matches! "Jennie-Unnie, can you hand me that stick? Behind you." Lisa pointed at the stick behind young me. "Uh, here you go Lalisa."

"Thanks. This may take quite a bit." Lisa grabbed the stick and focused. Soon, it burst into flames. Only leaving ashes behind. The ! How? Why? What? How did Lisa do that? If this was real then why do I not remember it? Does this mean magic is real? I mean, how? The ! "Woah, well, my turn. Now how do I put this?" Younger Chaeyoung said, "If Lalisa's ability to start a fire is strange, then mine cannot be that bad."

"What is it Chaeyoung-Unnie?"

"I accidentally almost strangled someone with vines that grew out of nowhere when I lifted my hands. Whoops." She quietly chuckled. "Whoops... WHOOPS! CHAE-CHAE! YOU ALMOST KILLED SOMEONE AND YOU SAY WHOOPS! THE FUDGE!"

"Calm down Jen-Jen. Almost. Anyways, I think I might be able to do it again."

"SAME THING!"

"Alright, calm down Jennie. And Chaeyoung, you better not choke us." Jisoo sarcastically said. Well, we are still alive so she did not choke us. "Okay, here we go." She started to focus. Focusing... And focusing...

ย 

A vine sprouted from the ground, twirling around to the movement's to Chaeyoung's hand. Young me shrieked and ran behind Jisoo as she only had her arms crossed. "I got it!" Lalisa shouted, soon setting it ablaze. "Um. That went out better than I expected." Chaeyoung said, shrugging her shoulders. "Okay Jennie. The dangers passed. Your turn."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter