irrational

irrational

Being the queen bee of Seoul High School was quite easy if you asked Sana. 

 

All you had to do was dress up a bit, put some make up on, smile brightly to everyone passing by and all people would fall at your feet, willing to do everything you asked them to.

 

She had people doing her homework, others buying her lunch and some even bringing her books to her classes.

 

She felt like a queen and people treated her like she really was one.

 

It was great, she thought, having every boy and girl do all she wanted with only a snap of her fingers.

 

It was relieving, she believed, knowing that there were people who adored her as if she was a goddess.

 

It was alluring, she realised, being able to manipulate people and make them do what she liked.

 

She should be pleased with her life, she had what everyone would wish for: an army of people who followed her commands without complaining.

 

So, she couldn't really understand why she was not happy at all.

 

She could not explain why every time she walked through those doors welcoming her to her own kingdom she would feel like her heart was being pulled out of her chest.

 

She could not comprehend why every time she would approach her best friend's locker she would feel like she was not able to breathe any longer.

 

She could not understand why the mere sight of Momo holding Nayeon's hand would make her whole world crash to the ground, leaving her in misery.

 

She couldn't really figure out why she had to fall for her best friend's girlfriend when she had all the school pining over her in hope she would notice them.

 

And most of all, she couldn't help her heart from skipping about a hundred beats whenever Momo smiled, or her eyes from lingering on the girl's lips every time she would talk, thinking about how soft they would feel against hers.

 

Those same lips that Nayeon would get to kiss every day while all she could do was standing there and watch them being so deeply in love with one another that it would make her own heart shatter in so many pieces that she wasn't even sure someone would be able to pick them up and put them together again.

 

Then, Sana had to spend her whole day sitting next to Momo in class, listening to the girl of her dreams gushing about how beautiful her girlfriend was and how she felt like the luckiest girl in the world.

 

And in those moments Sana would have loved to make Momo realise how wrong she actually was.

 

That the luckiest person in the world wasn’t her, but it was Nayeon because she had the luck to be with her and Sana, she would really give away everything to be in her best friend's position even just for a day.

 

Even just for a minute of her time.

 

To be able to call Momo hers, to hold her hands and feel her warmth against her own body.

 

To kiss her lips and feel like she was on cloud nine and she was never getting back down.

 

Too bad, Sana knew, it was only an illusion and that it was irrational of her to even hope for it to become reality one day.

 

But perhaps, that's exactly why Sana could not stop thinking about it. 

 

Because she knew that loving a girl who would never return her feelings was irrational, but she thought that it was even more irrational to just give up.

 

Which is why Sana kept hoping, even if it meant that she would keep living in a dream for the rest of her life.