you look like you want me to have a deadly cough

you look like a cherry cough sweet

ahn yujin quite liked a lot of things.

she quite liked the smell of burnt toast (though not the taste, so sometimes she would put three breads in and take two out a little early, just so she could smell the other burning.) she quite liked most rodents, as she thought they were really cute and adorable and she just wanted to squish their little baby cheeks. she also quite liked studying, because for some reason she was quite good at it.

she also quite liked an upperclassman called kim minju.

for a long time, yujin has liked kim minju. ever since she started in the same school as her. it may make yujin seem a little creepy, but yujin has quite liked kim minju ever since that girl gave her the softest smile while she was biting her nails down to stubs in nervousness and anticipation regarding her class placement (she really, really, really, really wanted to be in wonyoung’s class, but she probably wouldn’t be.)

for yujin, seeing minju’s smile was like seeing an angel. kim minju’s smile made all her problems disappear (until they later reappeared, some more ferocious and some smaller than before.) 

yujin made it her mission to be able to see kim minju smile every single day, but that proved harder said than done. she first tried to stand outside at least one of minju’s classes, trying to catch her smiling with her friends as she left, but minju was either not there or her face was blank in adorable concentration. after her previous failure, she decided that she would write notes and drop them in minju’s locker, then hide around the vicinity until minju read them and giggled like they do in movies, but in trying to do this, yujin accidentally tripped over her undone laces just before reaching the metal door, and instead of the letters planting neatly through the slots at the top, it was her face that grazed across and landed her and her letters in the bin next to it. she decided to definitely not try that one again. so instead, she moved her her ‘final, final, final, last resort option plan number a’ (as she and wonyoung had named it during their shared free period.) yujin would study so much that they just had to move her into minju’s class.

it worked, of course. 

she was introduced to the class after their most recent monthly test. she tried to be super nice and cute and funny and pretty while introducing herself so that minju would care a little bit about her, but minju seemed unbothered and possibly slightly angry through the duration of her witty introduction (yujin just assumed her day wasn’t going as planned but in a bad way.) yujin tried to talk to her, but she would get all red and mad and even sometimes yell, so yujin eventually stopped.

and then came the best day of ahn yujin’s life, in which kim minju did way more than just smile at her.

”kim minju-ssi? what’s wrong? you’re all red.”

she was red as usual, all angry and rude, when she said something along the lines of ‘i can’t breathe, please kindly off’ in reply,  and for some reason, it made yujin laugh. she found it quite funny. and cute. but mostly funny.

it was funny because kim minju looked like a cherry cough sweet. not the gross, mostly-medicine-barely-cherry sweets, but the cute ones with the smiley faces and the wonderful cherry explosion when you put them in your mouth, the ones that yujin was used to having whenever she had a cough or when her mother thought she had a cough. kim minju looked like ahn yujin’s favourite flavour cough sweet, which was such a coincidence because kim minju was definitely also ahn yujin’s favourite too. favourite what, she didn’t know, but what ever it was, kim minju was her favourite.

so of course, she told kim minju just that. 

and in return? she got probably the best kiss of anger she had ever received, as well as a slightly throbbing lip and a cherry cough sweet looking girlfriend that constantly looked as if she wanted yujin to have a deadly cough most days of the week (because she was annoying, and because then she would need her favourite cherry cough sweet.)

 

 

 

 

i know it isn’t great! i’ve got a bad cold but some of you asked for a yujin pov so i tried my best! i hope you enjoy this little extra!